P0303, AWD 77, and VSA 83 Error codes after winding it up on the highway

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 09:09 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
P0303, AWD 77, and VSA 83 Error codes after winding it up on the highway

So... first off, I still own this bastard! 164,000 miles. I still drive it everyday. I still add 0.50 quarts of oil every Sunday with a shot glass of Lucas Oil snot treatment. I still do all the scheduled and unscheduled maintenance at either a Acura or Honda dealer.

Tonight on the way home I got into a game of rabbit with two others on the highway. A Challenger RT and a new IS300. Rolling on from 80 to 120mph for a stretch of about 6 miles. (FWIW, the new Lexus IS300 is a slug, the RT and I were just leaving his ass over and over) I leave the shenanigans, exit onto the main road to my town.
Exactly 1 mile away from home the above codes kick on and the car is chugging like crazy. I make it to the drive way. Look things over. Go right to this forum. The code look-up page was huge. Pointed me to one of my coil packs
I talk to a buddy who thinks the oil blow by is so bad it screwed up the cylinder. Not a coil... So that gets me worried. I pull all the plugs, They all look okay. (a year old) No oil coat, just some glaze from Techron additive I add once a month (plug pic attached). Then I find a video of a guy with the same thing on a V6 Altima.
Car sounds exactly the same as mine running. So I do what he says. Swap Coil three with Coil five.

Boom, error code changes to P0305. (5th cylinder). (diag.screen attached)

My question is, after I swap the coil tomorrow. Will the AWD code and VSA code right themselves? Do I need to clear the codes out... (Cause I can do that.)
Should I yank the battery for an hour?
Should I set fire to it in the yard and blame the North Koreans?
Attached Thumbnails P0303, AWD 77, and VSA 83 Error codes after winding it up on the highway-img_2982.jpg   P0303, AWD 77, and VSA 83 Error codes after winding it up on the highway-img_2985.jpg  

Last edited by Arcelyte; 05-25-2017 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-21-2022, 09:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you solve it?
I know too later reply.
Old 05-24-2022, 10:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 191 Likes on 174 Posts
Im assuming the issue you are referring to is the codes? It seems like a hit or miss with the 4G with those types of codes. You may see it go away on its own or you might have to utilize a manual reset via technology or paper clip.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:19 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Arcelyte
So... first off, I still own this bastard! 164,000 miles. I still drive it everyday. I still add 0.50 quarts of oil every Sunday with a shot glass of Lucas Oil snot treatment. I still do all the scheduled and unscheduled maintenance at either a Acura or Honda dealer.

Tonight on the way home I got into a game of rabbit with two others on the highway. A Challenger RT and a new IS300. Rolling on from 80 to 120mph for a stretch of about 6 miles. (FWIW, the new Lexus IS300 is a slug, the RT and I were just leaving his ass over and over) I leave the shenanigans, exit onto the main road to my town.
Exactly 1 mile away from home the above codes kick on and the car is chugging like crazy. I make it to the drive way. Look things over. Go right to this forum. The code look-up page was huge. Pointed me to one of my coil packs
I talk to a buddy who thinks the oil blow by is so bad it screwed up the cylinder. Not a coil... So that gets me worried. I pull all the plugs, They all look okay. (a year old) No oil coat, just some glaze from Techron additive I add once a month (plug pic attached). Then I find a video of a guy with the same thing on a V6 Altima.
Car sounds exactly the same as mine running. So I do what he says. Swap Coil three with Coil five.

Boom, error code changes to P0305. (5th cylinder). (diag.screen attached)

My question is, after I swap the coil tomorrow. Will the AWD code and VSA code right themselves? Do I need to clear the codes out... (Cause I can do that.)
Should I yank the battery for an hour?
Should I set fire to it in the yard and blame the North Koreans?
glad you figure it out the issue
if you can clear the codes out I will go That route
I don’t think the codes will clear themselves at least right away
do you have a link to the code look-up page I didn’t know there was one