New Transmission and Torque Converter but Tranny fluid STAYS DIRTY?!

Old 07-08-2017, 10:02 PM
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts
Angry New Transmission and Torque Converter but Tranny fluid STAYS DIRTY?!

at 70,000 I got a transmission installed with torque converter covered by warranty. From What I understand Tranny fluid needs to be changed Every 30k miles. I have mhaving to change it ever 3k.
Any ideas what could be causing such burnt dark colored fluid? Ive gotten it flushed with my last oil change and it burnt and dirty just 3k miles after flush.
I am so angry and confused. I fear The acura dealer that installed it didnt know what they were doing .ANy ideas? ANyone else out there struggling with this?
Old 07-08-2017, 10:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,987 Likes on 1,411 Posts
are you sure you got a new transmission and not just the torque converter? That's what's done on most TL's first before replacing the transmission as well. Try changing the ATF filter (located near the battery area) and it should help keep it clean. If it's under warranty take it back and have them properly fix it and find the root cause of the dark fluid. Even with a new torque converter, you are draining a lot of the fluid and have to put in new fluid (at least 5 quarts which is more than 50%) should be bright pink/red.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:39 PM
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts
Torque converters are replaced when transmissions re replaced. the receipt on the RO says "Replace transmission" but after having a lengthy conversation with Acura Client Relations, they replace them together.
I am certain, both Automatic Transmission and Torque Converter says it was replaced on paper. I got into a HUGE argument with the dealer because they had it for more than a month to install. By trouble shooting the dark burnt short life fluid that would help me fix a SLEW Of other problem. It would give me a starting point instead of repeatedly paying 180 bux to diagnose every month or so for random transmission related issues.

I got it replaced in november of 2016. 8k miles later...fluid lasts only 3k miles after a " flush/AKA drain and fill".

A few random issues:
Stalls on Inclines in revers. Rmps DROP to zera when foot remved from Gas to break.
A metacllic rattle at lower RMP and vanishes after warm up
putting on incline when approaching a red light on a hill.

these symptos NEVER happen when acura Has it.
UG Im so frustrated.

Im almost ready to get rid of this damned car. I wish I didnt love it so much.