Need opinion on Ac problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2024, 12:50 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Need opinion on Ac problem

Hello folks, my AC started acting up tried to do refill but something was not right with pressure so I went to a shop for a diag and vacuum test drain and recharge. Paid 230 said my good buys and that same afternoon I'm driving to work pop on the highway and no AC it came back after 10-15mins. Following day I didn't have time to go to the shop went to work same thing.
Next day went to the shop again they said need to test more so I left my car overnight and in the morning they went for a ride and this is what's happening.
Realy is good
AC not leaking
Compressor works and clutch works
Compressor gets signal for power but air is blowing hot
​​After driving it 10 mins especially faster speed but not necessarily high rpm ac stops
Comes back after 10-5 minutes same driving and goes away again after 10 mins
Cant replicate it slow driving around town
Shop said it's the compressor.
​​​​I'm reading that it might be the expansion valve + evap core
Both jobs are a PITA and I wanna do it myself
Shop is gonna do a courtesy discharge of liquid and I can bring it back for a recharge after I'm done.
If I go for a second opinion different shop I'm gonna shell out another 250 and that's half way there for the parts.
Sucks to be poor 😂
​​​
Old 06-23-2024, 06:55 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So last year my 12 started getting intermittent AC. It worked somewhat but not until car had been running 10-15 minutes. Went to top off with my AC Pro and gauge showed it a bit on low side, hwever it never took in refrigerant. Ended up I had cr at Acura dealer for a free new electric power steering unit thanks to extended recall so had them check it out. They said compressor was bad. Because it it does run occasionally I was thinking the clutch for compressor and some threads here suggest the high or low pressure switch.
Kinda miffs me as I had a 98 Accord that had original compressor for over 15 years when I sold it and blew ice cold air.
I'm learning build quality on Acura's not as good as one would expect. I have a slew of electrical issues I am working through now. I just replace bluetooth unit today and it is running. Next the intermittent pass window and sunroof.
Old 06-23-2024, 07:17 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Pretty much sure that the ac clutch is not working properly where the coil gets hot and doesn't engage the clutch. I'm gonna check the clearance for the clutch tomorrow and check the resistance etc.
Does anyone know if this part number for the clutch kit 38900-RGL-A02 has a similar number from a different car. I'm having trouble finding it in Canada