How to Tighten Acura TL Side Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 08:44 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to Tighten Acura TL Side Mirror

Hi, I have a 2013 Acura TL, and the driver side mirror is loose and wobbles. Could anyone help me out on how I can fix it without going to the dealer.

Thank You
Old 05-01-2017, 07:00 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
in my experience, if the mirror is loose and wobbles, that means it's broken. the mirror is plastic. it doesnt take much force (like backing out and hitting a pillar with the mirror)

first, you will have to identify what is broken. this involves taking off the mirror, which involves taking off the door panel.
Remove the door panel to reveal screws holding mirror.
remove mirror to identify and asses damage.
buy new mirror.
install by doing these instructions in reverse order
Old 05-01-2017, 10:15 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
in my experience, if the mirror is loose and wobbles, that means it's broken. the mirror is plastic. it doesnt take much force (like backing out and hitting a pillar with the mirror)

first, you will have to identify what is broken. this involves taking off the mirror, which involves taking off the door panel.
Remove the door panel to reveal screws holding mirror.
remove mirror to identify and asses damage.
buy new mirror.
install by doing these instructions in reverse order
Sorry i should have been more specific. The mirror in itself is not loose but the casing wobbles, i assume from getting hit over time. So, is there a different way to tighten that or does the procedure remain the same?

Thanks for the reply!
Old 05-01-2017, 11:13 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
procedure remains the same. I should have re-worded...in my post...mirror = casing.
the casing is plastic and if getting knocked around by brick or concrete pillars, the plastic casing will break.

you will have to identify what is broken by opening up the door skin and inspecting plastic casing
Old 05-01-2017, 12:23 PM
Keeping TL until 2029

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts
I hope this works for you...there are 2 exposed screws inside the housing and one of them can be tightened. See the post below for details...

https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-p...rattle-952331/
Old 05-07-2017, 01:28 AM
zmt
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
There are two sets of screws you can tighten. Three under the mirror (remove the triangular plastic cover under the mirror with a precision screwdriver or dental pick) and two behind the mirror glass, which you can pop out but be careful not to break it. You can use some loctite/thread locker on any that you can get completely out to prevent loosening, but the ones behind the mirror look like really coarse threaded self-tappers so I dunno how much that will help. All of mine were loose, and tightening each set reduced a specific kind of rattle/motion.
The following users liked this post:
echodigital (05-09-2017)