Notices

Feel vibration after installing Tein Advance Z coilovers

 
Old 06-14-2019, 02:43 AM
  #1  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Age: 35
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Feel vibration after installing Tein Advance Z coilovers

I just installed coilovers 2 days ago. Started feeling vibration on the gas padle vibrate when accelerating between 40km/h-60km/h and then it goes away. See picture below.
Never had this issue before lowering. Its running on 19 inch oem wheels and the tires are brand new. I was told not to do alignment for a week to let the coils settle in first.

Anyone can help or had the same issue?? Or direct to me a similar thread with people having the same issue and how they fixed it? I am worried that something might break..lol

Thanks




Umirza84 is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 06:52 AM
  #2  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81,145
Received 14,119 Likes on 10,496 Posts
go get an alignment....and perhaps balance the wheels.
and double check all bolts are tight...wheels, and suspension components.

you lowered the car, changing the suspension geometry... it needs an alignment

Last edited by justnspace; 06-14-2019 at 06:54 AM.
justnspace is online now  
Old 06-14-2019, 09:06 AM
  #3  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Age: 35
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
go get an alignment....and perhaps balance the wheels.
and double check all bolts are tight...wheels, and suspension components.

you lowered the car, changing the suspension geometry... it needs an alignment
But, should i get it right away?? Should i not wait for the coilovers to settle in first?? Or thst shouldnt matter?
Umirza84 is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 09:08 AM
  #4  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81,145
Received 14,119 Likes on 10,496 Posts
the more you wait, the more the bad geometry will mess up other things...like tires! also the ride could be dangerous in rainy conditions because of the bad suspension geometry.
getting an alignment will also serve as a test.... you will know right away if the bad alignment is the cause of your problems, or if you need to lift the car to inspect components for loose bolts.

Last edited by justnspace; 06-14-2019 at 09:12 AM.
justnspace is online now  
Old 06-14-2019, 11:13 AM
  #5  
Registered Member
 
dopeboy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Age: 29
Posts: 790
Received 151 Likes on 116 Posts
When my tein SA got installed I got the alignment done right away. No problems since feels great even past 160km/h.

Listen to justnspace get the alignment done it will almost certainly solve your problem.
dopeboy1 is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 11:26 AM
  #6  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81,145
Received 14,119 Likes on 10,496 Posts
and I find that once you put load on the springs, ie; putting it on the ground for the first time, that's where it "settles"
the car is like 3400lbs....almost 2 tonnes.

edit* 4G is closer 4000lbs! right under 2 tons.
That's a heavy bitch

Last edited by justnspace; 06-14-2019 at 11:28 AM.
justnspace is online now  
Old 06-14-2019, 12:20 PM
  #7  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Age: 35
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
and I find that once you put load on the springs, ie; putting it on the ground for the first time, that's where it "settles"
the car is like 3400lbs....almost 2 tonnes.

edit* 4G is closer 4000lbs! right under 2 tons.
That's a heavy bitch
I brought it to my mechanic to inspect and i schedule a Alignment for tomorrow.. hopefully, I can figure out the issue and get this fixed. Thank you so much for your input. Once i get an update and issue fixed, i will let you know and post it. Maybe it will help someone else that faces the same issue.

Thank you.
Umirza84 is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 12:26 PM
  #8  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81,145
Received 14,119 Likes on 10,496 Posts
too many variables for someone to say exactly what the problem is based on symptoms alone..
everything in this world is based on visual intelligence....meaning you use your eyes to look for problems and clues, or lack of clues to deduce and solve problems.

so, once the alignment tech can get it on the rack, the alignment specs will spit out...then the alignment tech can align the car based on the readings.
your mechanic will also use his eyes and experience to look for missing bolts or bolts that are backing out/loose bolts.

Good luck!

Last edited by justnspace; 06-14-2019 at 12:29 PM.
justnspace is online now  
Old 06-14-2019, 12:31 PM
  #9  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Age: 35
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
too many variables for someone to say exactly what the problem is based on symptoms alone..
everything in this world is based on visual intelligence....meaning you use your eyes to look for problems and clues, or lack of clues to deduce and solve problems.

so, once the alignment tech can get it on the rack, the alignment specs will spit out...then the alignment tech can align the car based on the readings.
your mechanic will also use his eyes and experience to look for missing bolts or bolts that are backing out/loose bolts.

Good luck!
You are correct. Thank you so much for all your advice. Stay tuned, I will get back to you as soon as i have an update.

Thank you.
Umirza84 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (06-14-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 12:44 PM
  #10  
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
justnspace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81,145
Received 14,119 Likes on 10,496 Posts
I would suggest "natural camber" or wherever the wheels fall. just in case the alignment tech cant get camber to factory specs.

Toe is the most important aspect of an alignment and it needs to be as close as Zero(0) as possible.
justnspace is online now  
Old 06-14-2019, 01:16 PM
  #11  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Age: 35
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by justnspace View Post
I would suggest "natural camber" or wherever the wheels fall. just in case the alignment tech cant get camber to factory specs.

Toe is the most important aspect of an alignment and it needs to be as close as Zero(0) as possible.
Oh ok.. see i am putting 20 inch rims.. currently i have 19s and i want to make sure the camber is not to straight where my rims or tires would run... just a thought!!
Umirza84 is offline  
Old 06-15-2019, 10:48 PM
  #12  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Age: 35
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dopeboy1 View Post
When my tein SA got installed I got the alignment done right away. No problems since feels great even past 160km/h.

Listen to justnspace get the alignment done it will almost certainly solve your problem.
Thanks.. i have a appointment on Tuesday (fingers crossed).. the vibration is driving me nuts..lol
I am putting my 20 inch Rims on Monday and then Alignment right away.
Umirza84 is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 12:07 AM
  #13  
Senior Moderator
 
csmeance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Daytona Beach/Gainesville FL
Posts: 18,406
Received 1,069 Likes on 750 Posts
letting it settle is smart! I'd be willing to bet worn axle joints as they are prone to this after lowering but most folks don't have them disappear at certain speeds.
csmeance is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 12:40 AM
  #14  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Age: 35
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by csmeance View Post
letting it settle is smart! I'd be willing to bet worn axle joints as they are prone to this after lowering but most folks don't have them disappear at certain speeds.
I got the new wheels put on.. brand new wheels, new tires and balanced. I took it I for alignment as well. But the issue is still there
Alignment people checj for any damage or lose nuts.. everything is fine. I am not leaning towards the Axle. I will have to get it inspectes for anywhere and the rubber boots ob it looked sealed tight and clean.. no signs of leak or rips
The car has 140,000 KM on it and I would assume the lowering may have causes the Axle to be worn. Fingers crossed, its not too expensive of a fix. Running on a budget.
Btw, would u guys recommend OEM axle or are they any other performance axle are equally or better than OEM?
Umirza84 is offline  
Old 06-22-2019, 11:03 PM
  #15  
Senior Moderator
 
csmeance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Daytona Beach/Gainesville FL
Posts: 18,406
Received 1,069 Likes on 750 Posts
are your wheels hubcentric or running an adapter? Running the right type of wheel nuts?
csmeance is offline  
Old 06-22-2019, 11:18 PM
  #16  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Age: 35
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by csmeance View Post
are your wheels hubcentric or running an adapter? Running the right type of wheel nuts?
Oem wheels and Oem nuts.
Umirza84 is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
JaHa Type S
3G TL Tires, Wheels & Suspension
4
06-11-2018 04:43 AM
E39
3G TL Tires, Wheels & Suspension
1
02-10-2016 03:17 PM
lil12002
Car Parts for Sale
22
01-28-2016 03:56 PM
emilio320
3G TL Tires, Wheels & Suspension
52
03-22-2012 05:20 PM
Bread-A Spec
Second Generation TL (1999-2003)
55
12-20-2004 01:02 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Feel vibration after installing Tein Advance Z coilovers


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.