AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   4G TL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-problems-fixes-297/)
-   -   Feel vibration after installing Tein Advance Z coilovers (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-problems-fixes-297/feel-vibration-after-installing-tein-advance-z-coilovers-980232/)

Umirza84 06-14-2019 02:43 AM

Feel vibration after installing Tein Advance Z coilovers

I just installed coilovers 2 days ago. Started feeling vibration on the gas padle vibrate when accelerating between 40km/h-60km/h and then it goes away. See picture below.
Never had this issue before lowering. Its running on 19 inch oem wheels and the tires are brand new. I was told not to do alignment for a week to let the coils settle in first.

Anyone can help or had the same issue?? Or direct to me a similar thread with people having the same issue and how they fixed it? I am worried that something might break..lol

Thanks

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...cf6d72cf5f.jpg

justnspace 06-14-2019 06:52 AM

go get an alignment....and perhaps balance the wheels.
and double check all bolts are tight...wheels, and suspension components.

you lowered the car, changing the suspension geometry... it needs an alignment

Umirza84 06-14-2019 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 16439846)
go get an alignment....and perhaps balance the wheels.
and double check all bolts are tight...wheels, and suspension components.

you lowered the car, changing the suspension geometry... it needs an alignment

But, should i get it right away?? Should i not wait for the coilovers to settle in first?? Or thst shouldnt matter?

justnspace 06-14-2019 09:08 AM

the more you wait, the more the bad geometry will mess up other things...like tires! also the ride could be dangerous in rainy conditions because of the bad suspension geometry.
getting an alignment will also serve as a test.... you will know right away if the bad alignment is the cause of your problems, or if you need to lift the car to inspect components for loose bolts.

dopeboy1 06-14-2019 11:13 AM

When my tein SA got installed I got the alignment done right away. No problems since feels great even past 160km/h.

Listen to justnspace get the alignment done it will almost certainly solve your problem.

justnspace 06-14-2019 11:26 AM

and I find that once you put load on the springs, ie; putting it on the ground for the first time, that's where it "settles"
the car is like 3400lbs....almost 2 tonnes.

edit* 4G is closer 4000lbs! right under 2 tons.
That's a heavy bitch

Umirza84 06-14-2019 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 16439990)
and I find that once you put load on the springs, ie; putting it on the ground for the first time, that's where it "settles"
the car is like 3400lbs....almost 2 tonnes.

edit* 4G is closer 4000lbs! right under 2 tons.
That's a heavy bitch

I brought it to my mechanic to inspect and i schedule a Alignment for tomorrow.. hopefully, I can figure out the issue and get this fixed. Thank you so much for your input. Once i get an update and issue fixed, i will let you know and post it. Maybe it will help someone else that faces the same issue.

Thank you.

justnspace 06-14-2019 12:26 PM

too many variables for someone to say exactly what the problem is based on symptoms alone..
everything in this world is based on visual intelligence....meaning you use your eyes to look for problems and clues, or lack of clues to deduce and solve problems.

so, once the alignment tech can get it on the rack, the alignment specs will spit out...then the alignment tech can align the car based on the readings.
your mechanic will also use his eyes and experience to look for missing bolts or bolts that are backing out/loose bolts.

Good luck!

Umirza84 06-14-2019 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 16440021)
too many variables for someone to say exactly what the problem is based on symptoms alone..
everything in this world is based on visual intelligence....meaning you use your eyes to look for problems and clues, or lack of clues to deduce and solve problems.

so, once the alignment tech can get it on the rack, the alignment specs will spit out...then the alignment tech can align the car based on the readings.
your mechanic will also use his eyes and experience to look for missing bolts or bolts that are backing out/loose bolts.

Good luck!

You are correct. Thank you so much for all your advice. Stay tuned, I will get back to you as soon as i have an update.

Thank you.

justnspace 06-14-2019 12:44 PM

I would suggest "natural camber" or wherever the wheels fall. just in case the alignment tech cant get camber to factory specs.

Toe is the most important aspect of an alignment and it needs to be as close as Zero(0) as possible.

Umirza84 06-14-2019 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 16440039)
I would suggest "natural camber" or wherever the wheels fall. just in case the alignment tech cant get camber to factory specs.

Toe is the most important aspect of an alignment and it needs to be as close as Zero(0) as possible.

Oh ok.. see i am putting 20 inch rims.. currently i have 19s and i want to make sure the camber is not to straight where my rims or tires would run... just a thought!!

Umirza84 06-15-2019 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by dopeboy1 (Post 16439984)
When my tein SA got installed I got the alignment done right away. No problems since feels great even past 160km/h.

Listen to justnspace get the alignment done it will almost certainly solve your problem.

Thanks.. i have a appointment on Tuesday (fingers crossed).. the vibration is driving me nuts..lol
I am putting my 20 inch Rims on Monday and then Alignment right away.

csmeance 06-21-2019 12:07 AM

letting it settle is smart! I'd be willing to bet worn axle joints as they are prone to this after lowering but most folks don't have them disappear at certain speeds.

Umirza84 06-21-2019 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by csmeance (Post 16442582)
letting it settle is smart! I'd be willing to bet worn axle joints as they are prone to this after lowering but most folks don't have them disappear at certain speeds.

I got the new wheels put on.. brand new wheels, new tires and balanced. I took it I for alignment as well. But the issue is still there :(
Alignment people checj for any damage or lose nuts.. everything is fine. I am not leaning towards the Axle. I will have to get it inspectes for anywhere and the rubber boots ob it looked sealed tight and clean.. no signs of leak or rips
The car has 140,000 KM on it and I would assume the lowering may have causes the Axle to be worn. Fingers crossed, its not too expensive of a fix. Running on a budget.
Btw, would u guys recommend OEM axle or are they any other performance axle are equally or better than OEM?

csmeance 06-22-2019 11:03 PM

are your wheels hubcentric or running an adapter? Running the right type of wheel nuts?

Umirza84 06-22-2019 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by csmeance (Post 16443249)
are your wheels hubcentric or running an adapter? Running the right type of wheel nuts?

Oem wheels and Oem nuts.