Cliamate Control Problem on 2012 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 08:47 AM
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts
Cliamate Control Problem on 2012 AWD

So i'm a little disapointed. Along with the Oil Burning issue, which i'm currently in talks with Acura Client Relations, i've discovered a new issue this morning. My climate control seems to be acting up. While in Auto mode, or any other mode, the fan will blow, but it doesn't seem to blow on high. Usually when it's on high, you will know as it's like a blasting air coming from the vents, and it's quite loud. This is not loud, and the air is not blowing with force. Anybody else experience issues with their Climate control? I know something is wrong, becuase it's quite cold her in Ontario, and usually the car gets nice and toasty when on Auto mode. Not so much this morning, it was a cold drive to work.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:54 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the same problem this morning on my 2009 TL. Would love to have a heated garage.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:52 PM
Keeping TL until 2029

Received 126 Likes on 109 Posts
Being in T.O., I would report it with the dealer so they a report on issue. I don't use Auto so I can comment if this is normal. Does Auto sound as loud as fan at high speed? I also noticed that you can control fan speed with front defog on. When you first hit it, it is at full speed for example.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:18 PM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
The climate control has a self-diagnostic mode. To put the system in self-diagnostic mode:

Turn ignition to "on" (don't start the engine). Press and hold the FAN On/Off button and then within 10 seconds press and release the rear window defogger button 5 times. Release the Fan on/off button and it will start checking itself. If there is an issue it will flash Auto, 88 and Auto , 88 and Windshield Defrost, or 88 and Mode and then one of 14 indicator segments, A through N.

Write down the letters you see (A through N) and report them back here. Unless you have access to the shop manual that explains what each code is all about (someone posted the entire shop manual here a few months ago?).

If there are no issues the climate control will appear to be off. To get out of self-diagnostic mode, just push the engine start button to off.

But, most likely if you don't have hot air... the coolant level is way down or the radiator cap is messed up (cracked underneath, don't open it when engine hot!). Thats what old school mechanics would check first.

Hope that helps. Stay warm, winter not over yet - lol.
The following users liked this post:
echodigital (03-14-2014)
Old 12-10-2014, 12:19 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this has been awhile but did you ever get the problem fixed? I just bought my 12' AWD a few months ago. Recently I noticed when I have the air or heat on it doesn't seem to blow out of the air vent on the left side below the navi screen. I just took it to acura where I set up an appointment to get it fixed. The service advisor said it could be an actuator problem, clogged up vent. He mentioned that Acura had the dual climate control and it could be this way for a reason. I think it's rather odd but I've not been in another TL to tell the difference.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:27 AM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
correct me if im wrong. Just to make sure we are on the same page you said that the fan blows but only at low speeds, at higher speeds it does not blow at all or the speed is still low?... This could be the fan resistor switch failure this is a small harness plug n play that controlls the fan speed when the resistor is burnt out and needs changing not all speeds works. I could be wrong this it just my guess and secondly its a new car eventhough the parts are man made and can fail maybe it is something you should check and this was from an experience i had with an old car. Keep us updated
Old 12-15-2014, 08:47 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no, when i have my heat or air condition turned on. All the vents work except for the one on the left side in the middle. I know it is weird for me to. I've only had the car two months now. I am going to diagnose it like TonyWare suggested today.