Anyone else have problems with HFL bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else have problems with HFL bluetooth?

I'm curious if anyone else has been experiencing any problems with the hands free link.('09 TL FWD-tech pkg) We've had to re-pair our phones several times, you can make outgoing calls but incoming calls show up on the nav screen but the caller can't hear you. It's very irritating. The phones are compatible according to the Acura website. Also, I just gave up trying to have both of our phones paired to the car, nothing but problems! I have never had a single issue in my '05 TL A-Spec 6MT with the same 2 phones. I'm hoping it's a software issue, I'm taking it into the dealership tomorrow. I was just curious if this is a widespread issue...thanks!!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks man...my bluetooth connectivity has been pretty solid for the 1.5 months that I've had my TL. From perusing the forums since I've owned the car, I don't believe its a widespread issue as most ppl (including myself) comment on how solid the car feels for a 1st yr model. I would definitely be interested in hearing what the dealer says about your issue and I totally sympathize with how much of a pain in the a$$ your problem is...

Good luck!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Intermediate

Thanks...don't get me wrong, love the car, I just don't expect this kind of problem from Acura. Especially the intermitent buzz or rattle from the dash or steering wheel area(which I've had it in the dealership for before). I just got off the phone w the service writer and he said that there have been a lot more complaints about rattles and buzzes in these G4's than previous models, these cars are assembled in Ohio, not Japan. Hmmm...still love the car though. Regularly get 30-32mpg on the highway!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Advanced

I also notice a very slight buzzing coming from what seems to be the steering column but it seems to only happen when my car has been parked in hot weather for extended periods of time. The buzzing goes away after about 10mins of driving so makes me think that since its electric steering, some servo motor needs time to get lubricated or something. I also had a blown speaker which was replaced and now sounds great but other than those 2 things, I don't have anything else to complain about. Its been really solid feeling and mpg has been pretty respectable in mixed driving even though its on premium.

All the best dude!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ridge68
I'm curious if anyone else has been experiencing any problems with the hands free link.('09 TL FWD-tech pkg) We've had to re-pair our phones several times, you can make outgoing calls but incoming calls show up on the nav screen but the caller can't hear you. It's very irritating. The phones are compatible according to the Acura website. Also, I just gave up trying to have both of our phones paired to the car, nothing but problems! I have never had a single issue in my '05 TL A-Spec 6MT with the same 2 phones. I'm hoping it's a software issue, I'm taking it into the dealership tomorrow. I was just curious if this is a widespread issue...thanks!!
What phone? I know one of the new Blackberries (the Tour) has the "caller can't hear you" issue.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Advanced

oh I forgot to mention that HFL works with my iphone 3G. I haven't tried any other phone.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Intermediate

Both phones are Motorola Razors. One is the V3 the other is the V3XX. The Acura wesite says the V3xx is not compatable but it pairs in both my 3G and the new 4G. Works perfectly in the 3G. But the problem exists with both phones in the 4G. Both of the phones pair up with the HFL just fine, just had problems with the HFL functions and having to re-pair the phones. I deleted my V3xx out of the 4G, but we're still having the same problems with the V3. I bet the dealer is going to say we need new phones. I'll be pretty pi**ed...