2009 TL driver door lock not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 04:54 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 TL driver door lock not working

I've seen a few posts about this so it seems like a common problem. Whenever I use the key fob to unlock the car, the drivers door doesn't unlock. I have to use the key to manually unlock the door. So my question is does anyone have instructions for replacing the actuator/removing the door panel? Also where's a good place to order the parts from?
Old 04-09-2017, 07:00 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
exactly what i came here to find as well. LOL. I have the part, just trying to see what i am getting into. based on one i found for the tsx it looks like a pain in the butt.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:32 PM
Keeping TL until 2029

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts
Mine was replaced via warranty and it was the black button stopped working.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:56 AM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
Its not that hard to replace. Did mine last summer. Its only one bolt that you need to reach with a long extension, I think its a 10mm. It releases the plastic outer cover of the lock. The rest are clips you'll have to push out or in to remove the mechanism and the lock cylinder. The hard part is preserving the plastic insulation behind the door panel, assuming you can remove the door panel. If all else fails tear it apart and get a new part plastic bag with some glue. Also the he tricky part is a screw in the grab-handle and to remove the grab handle there is a tab at the back that you need to stick something soft inside and pray out. The new part comes with a small tag/label with a number on it. Thats the ID of the new keys. Don't lose that! It may be a good idea to go to your local dealership and ask them to update their computer records with that new number. No computer updates are required on the car. Also it helps a lot if you download the repair shop manual, a thread is posted recently in the 4G TL forum.

PS. the black button that was mentioned... if it stops working disconnect the battery while the car is unlocked and leave it there for a bit, then reconnect. There is nothing wrong with the button itself, it is the computer that "thinks" there is something wrong so it doesn't lock. A battery reset will clear its mind
The following users liked this post:
gmoney123 (04-17-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 11:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 150 Posts
- I followed the service manual .
- I needed a 4" dia mirror to view inside the door.
- Make sure the window is UP when you disconnect the switches (panel).
- Purchased part from https://www.acurapartsforless.com/ (30% discount); in the FRONT DOOR LOCKS - OUTER HANDLE section

Thread 1: https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-p...ng-out-947804/
Thread 2: https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-p...handle-957114/
The following users liked this post:
gmoney123 (04-17-2017)