Winter in Ohio, January 6, 2012. 60 degree's. :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Winter in Ohio, January 6, 2012. 60 degree's. :)

It was so nice I got to wash my car by hand today. Here a quick pic with my phone.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:50 PM
UA6 SSM TL

Received 106 Likes on 103 Posts
only one? baaahhhhhhhhhhh you should post more pictures
nice car btw
Old 01-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Hey, nice car - great colour combo and trim level!!! (of course, I have the same! LOL). Isn't so nice to be able to hand wash your own car in the middle of winter?! What a luxury!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Hey Ostrich...I had a chance to wash my car by hand on Friday and yesterday, I spent the day in the garage doing the inside, cleaning the engine bay and getting underneath and just wiping all the underbody. I hate to rub it in but man you should see how nice it looks! I should try and upload a pic to show/tease you
Old 02-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Suzuka Master

What the heck....here is my clean TL as of today, Feb 12th.

Last edited by weather; 02-12-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:50 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
damn...your undercarriage and wheel wells are ridiculously clean....everything else...better than the day she left the dealer! nice work
Old 02-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Drifting

Received 672 Likes on 542 Posts
Sgt 128 post some more pics,feels like an early spring clean up lol.
Weather you missed a spot,give it a check over.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Suzuka Master

I told you I was anal!! (lmao)

That is why my dealership gives me the option to get out of my lease early as they know the car comes back to them ALMOST as good as it when it left the dealership!

I will post pics in 2 years from now and she will look the exact same way....that is just how attentive to details I am. I love my cars....Maybe someone from Acurazine will want to buy my car instead

Thanks for the compliments by the way The labor of love,,,,
Old 02-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Suzuka Master

KarCraze....I know...after seeing the pic I went back in the garage and remove that single spot missing I swear to god that my car is cleaner than me at times
Old 02-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
^^^^^wow i wish i was like that im on my third tl and i have to ay i have never hand washed my car myself.i go to a great hand wash in my neighborhood that for 20 bucks they do a GREAT job,but still much props to u bro have a few friends like u...lil crazy tho IMO..lol
Old 02-12-2012, 12:25 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Originally Posted by aspecallday
^^^^^wow i wish i was like that im on my third tl and i have to ay i have never hand washed my car myself.i go to a great hand wash in my neighborhood that for 20 bucks they do a GREAT job,but still much props to u bro have a few friends like u...lil crazy tho IMO..lol
its about taking pride in your ride and knowing every square inch of it. that way if the dealer (if you take it there), scratches, mars or damages the car in ANY way....you'll know it.

with that said...both of mine get hand washed weather permitting, and thorough detail treatments twice a year to keep them looking better than everyone elses cars in the neighborhood.

even my 6+ yr old TL, looks practically brand new. my under carriage doesn't look like weather's, but since the TL was my full time (now part time) daily...no choice but to be subjected to weather and all the other hazards out there. i get plenty of compliments from the dealer and the body shop was impressed with how good the paint feels and looks for the age of the car. plus...detailing the car is therapeutic in a weird way. add the gratification of looking at your hard work...on a daily basis
Old 02-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Pro

much props to u bro i swear im the laziest car guy ever i love having my car clean as well but just rather drop it off and come back and pick my baby up nice and clean.....but i know how u feel about having the cleanest car in the neighborhood feels great i just attempted to post pics if my car on the thread but they came out as jpegs any idea on how to fix it.im under '12 ghost
Old 02-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Suzuka Master

aspecallday....Thanks for the compliments. As TLtrigirl was saying, its a therapeutic thing and a sense of pride after its done. For me, I'll wash it, bring in the garage, crank the good ol' c&w tunes and just take my time detailing the car. It is soooo nice when its done, you look back and admire the labour of your hard work but I can see your point...it is easier to drop it off and pick it up clean.

TLtrigirl....I had to laugh when I read your comment about the fact that your under carriage didn't look like mine....I was going to say that is obvious, I am a male, you are a female...our underbody should look different *LMAO* Just teasing of course..
I do agree with you and NO ONE seems to understand me when I tell them that washing/waxing my car is relaxing for me. I tend to shut all the stress of life away and just enjoy the music, maybe a beer and I am in heaven. Especially when I tell them that I start washing the car at noon and usually come back in the house around midnight (except to eat and pee of course). Washing, waxing, detailing etc, that is fun stuff Too bad you don't live closer, we'd have a detailing party!

BTW...aspecallday...I am using "photbucket" to host the picture on this site....that is the easiest way to do it.

Last edited by weather; 02-12-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
+1 for washing/detailing the car is relaxing and therapeutic after a week of staring at a computer screen...
Old 02-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by weather
aspecallday....Thanks for the compliments. As TLtrigirl was saying, its a therapeutic thing and a sense of pride after its done. For me, I'll wash it, bring in the garage, crank the good ol' c&w tunes and just take my time detailing the car. It is soooo nice when its done, you look back and admire the labour of your hard work but I can see your point...it is easier to drop it off and pick it up clean.

TLtrigirl....I had to laugh when I read your comment about the fact that your under carriage didn't look like mine....I was going to say that is obvious, I am a male, you are a female...our underbody should look different *LMAO* Just teasing of course..
I do agree with you and NO ONE seems to understand me when I tell them that washing/waxing my car is relaxing for me. I tend to shut all the stress of life away and just enjoy the music, maybe a beer and I am in heaven. Especially when I tell them that I start washing the car at noon and usually come back in the house around midnight (except to eat and pee of course). Washing, waxing, detailing etc, that is fun stuff Too bad you don't live closer, we'd have a detailing party!

BTW...aspecallday...I am using "photbucket" to host the picture on this site....that is the easiest way to do it.
lol how can say this nicely im a complete fn idiot when it comes to posting pics i have my photos on my imac photo album and for some reason they come out as jpegs the one pic i did put up from photo bucket i posted as link but i dont want to do that i want to post them n have themcome up as pics already
Old 02-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Suzuka Master

lol how can say this nicely im a complete fn idiot when it comes to posting pics
No worries...When I came here, I didn't know how to upload pics and people helped me and I am more than happy to help so NEVER feel like an idiot!!

When in photo bucket, do a copy of the information found under the IMG code section, then do a paste in here...that will automatically load it up rather than the link itself. Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:26 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,152 Likes on 823 Posts
Very nice job, Weather.

But one little miss. There's a ring of surface rust on the front brake rotor(s). Should have stomped on the brakes while in motion a couple of times, before parking the car.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
But one little miss. There's a ring of surface rust on the front brake rotor(s). Should have stomped on the brakes while in motion a couple of times, before parking the car.
Thanks for the compliments I agree that when seen under the camera flash, there appears to be a bit of rust but as soon as I move the car and apply the brakes, it will be removed. Still not too bad for almost a year old.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Pro

No worries...When I came here, I didn't know how to upload pics and people helped me and I am more than happy to help so NEVER feel like an idiot!!

When in photo bucket, do a copy of the information found under the IMG code section, then do a paste in here...that will automatically load it up rather than the link itself. Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate.

thhaaannkkk uuuu for telling me exactly what to do i finally get to put my baby on here for ppl to c. i got her back in july and just now is when i post pics

thanks again that what makes this sight great ppl like u and countless others that are willing to help complete strangers go take a look im under '12 ghost
The following users liked this post:
weather (02-12-2012)
Old 02-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Suzuka Master

thanks again that what makes this sight great ppl like u and countless others that are willing to help complete strangers go take a look im under '12 ghost
No problem buddy....as I said, just giving back like the so many people here that gave back to me One day, you will be helping a noobee
Old 02-12-2012, 03:57 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

TLtrigirl....I had to laugh when I read your comment about the fact that your under carriage didn't look like mine....I was going to say that is obvious, I am a male, you are a female...our underbody should look different *LMAO* Just teasing of course..I do agree with you and NO ONE seems to understand me when I tell them that washing/waxing my car is relaxing for me. I tend to shut all the stress of life away and just enjoy the music, maybe a beer and I am in heaven. Especially when I tell them that I start washing the car at noon and usually come back in the house around midnight (except to eat and pee of course). Washing, waxing, detailing etc, that is fun stuff Too bad you don't live closer, we'd have a detailing party!
^^

i always tell myself, a clean car is a happy me!! which reminds me....i need to go wipe down the interior of my windshield and rear window of the TL...the shop didn't do a great job with that one. my poor MDX, lives outside...gonna have to stay dirty this week since the weather (not you) is gonna go crap on it again this week. if it was the TL...she would have already been washed and sleeping in the garage (still all snuggled up in there).
Old 02-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Drifting

Received 672 Likes on 542 Posts
[quote=weather;13548257]aspecallday....Thanks for the compliments. As TLtrigirl was saying, its a therapeutic thing and a sense of pride after its done. For me, I'll wash it, bring in the garage, crank the good ol' c&w tunes and just take my time detailing the car. It is soooo nice when its done, you look back and admire the labour of your hard work but I can see your point...it is easier to drop it off and pick it up clean.

I do agree with you and NO ONE seems to understand me when I tell them that washing/waxing my car is relaxing for me. I tend to shut all the stress of life away and just enjoy the music, maybe a beer and I am in heaven. Especially when I tell them that I start washing the car at noon and usually come back in the house around midnight

This sounds just like what i do,not a bad way to spend Sunday in the summer,of course some people think i am ocd,but it's more about taking pride in your ride lolz!!
Old 02-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Pro

^^^^12hrs cleaning a car no way not on summer day u kidding me like i said drop off at hand wash come back hr or 2 later car is freeshh...no disrespect to each is own jus think thats a bit much..more pwr to u bro
Old 02-12-2012, 04:25 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

[QUOTE=KarKraze;13548540

This sounds just like what i do,not a bad way to spend Sunday in the summer,of course some people think i am ocd,but it's more about taking pride in your ride lolz!![/QUOTE]

yup...agreed. not sure if i'd spend ALL afternoon doing unless i'm doing the major seasonal detail...but i've been known to spend 6-7 hrs doing it. i think my TL's spa treatment took about 12 hrs (ext and interior) over the course of a week. did a 12 hr detail with a friend on his STi (full paint correction and two people working on it). love the way the car feels and looks when i'm all done.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Suzuka Master

I must clarify that I don't spend 8-12h washing car every time I do it...only when I do the wax job which is on average, 3 times a year.....spring, middle of summer and the fall prior to the hibernation period

For the record, I get waxed more often than my car....but don't have to spend 12h at the spa (LMAO)

BTW...I was getting a "low battery" display recently (common for the 2012 TL) and bought a CTEK 3300 battery charger. That thing is simply INCREDIBLE!!! For anyone who leave their car for extended period without being driven, this thing is a MUST!
Old 02-12-2012, 05:09 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

I must clarify that I don't spend 8-12h washing car every time I do it...only when I do the wax job which is on average, 3 times a year.....spring, middle of summer and the fall prior to the hibernation period

For the record, I get waxed more often than my car....but don't have to spend 12h at the spa (LMAO)

BTW...I was getting a "low battery" display recently (common for the 2012 TL) and bought a CTEK 3300 battery charger. That thing is simply INCREDIBLE!!! For anyone who leave their car for extended period without being driven, this thing is a MUST!
TMI.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
TMI.
LMAO....I feel confident no one will ever ask to see my wax job pictures!!
Old 02-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Pro

TMI.

+1...ez buddy this is still a car site
Old 02-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Suzuka Master

+1...ez buddy this is still a car site
You guys are just too funny!! That is why I like hanging here so much!! Simply the best folks
Old 02-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Subsonic

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts
i enjoy washing and waxing my car.
but claybar is prob my favourite part!! great feeling to know ur getting the crud u cant necessarily see off ur baby!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:22 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
damn...your undercarriage and wheel wells are ridiculously clean....everything else...better than the day she left the dealer! nice work
Thats what I was saying. I swear this car hasn't been drove. Weather what do you do to keep the undercarriage so clean? TLTrigirl keeps her car religiously clean too!

And the waxing bit I love this forum. Great people, lots of laugh.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Sgt, weather-you guys need a drop!

Your cars look great.

By the way, we finally got snow here in Kansas City today.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:44 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll take some more of that 60 degree ohio weather!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by steven bell
sgt, weather-you guys need a drop!

Your cars look great.

+1
Old 02-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
Thats what I was saying. I swear this car hasn't been drove. Weather what do you do to keep the undercarriage so clean? TLTrigirl keeps her car religiously clean too!

And the waxing bit I love this forum. Great people, lots of laugh.
Thanks for the compliments! The easiest part to keep my undercarriage so clean is I don't drive my TL in the nasty weather. That way, the TL stay for the most part, dry all the time - Now the car still gets dirty underneath (dust and salt dust from winter salting on the roads) but when I wash the car, I clean it all up. I'll just ramp the car, slide underneath and hand wash the undercarriage. So it is not easy but the outcome is fantastic....and the pics don't do its justice because the flash really gives it an odd look but in person, you would swear the car came off the assembly line

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Sgt, weather-you guys need a drop!

Your cars look great.

By the way, we finally got snow here in Kansas City today.

Thanks for the kind words....I am not a hige fan of the drop although a minor one would be OK I guess to give it a more agressive stance. I must confess the pics I posted here looks like the wheel gap is more pronounced than it really is...the pics were intended to show the clean undercarriage and wheel wells. I must say that investing in a drop is not wise for me where I lease my cars and trade every 2-3 years....

My apolagies, I should have done a multiple quote...

Last edited by Steven Bell; 02-15-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:47 PM
David_Dude

Thanks for the compliments! The easiest part to keep my undercarriage so clean is I don't drive my TL in the nasty weather. That way, the TL stay for the most part, dry all the time - Now the car still gets dirty underneath (dust and salt dust from winter salting on the roads) but when I wash the car, I clean it all up. I'll just ramp the car, slide underneath and hand wash the undercarriage. So it is not easy but the outcome is fantastic....and the pics don't do its justice because the flash really gives it an odd look but in person, you would swear the car came off the assembly line

Thats what I was thinking. I was like did this car just come off the line? I didn't know you actually went under the car to handwash it. That is a lot of work, but like you said the outcome is amazing!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Scott

Received 156 Likes on 151 Posts
Road salt drives me crazy when a take my tl for a spin. This year has been so dry, that it doesn't get that dirty. Weather- i did wash my tl's underbody last month and its a good feeling its clean, til the next snow event
Old 02-16-2012, 07:02 PM
David_Dude

Must be very tough keeping a car clean when it snows.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:07 PM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts

I dont know this guy, butt, I like him already.
Made me chuckle a few times throughout your post.

Like TLtrigirl, my '06 is mint inside and out.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Winter is coming again!!!

Quick Reply: Winter in Ohio, January 6, 2012. 60 degree's. :)