Targa Race TL!!..

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Targa Race TL!!..

I found this on youtube. Very interesting vid........now that i have the car, i can understand how he took the turn so fast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKxl6mZney4
Old 04-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
that doesn't really surprise me. when i was test driving a '10 TL-SHAWD 6MT prior, I was told by the riding along salesman, that "[he] had never been thrown around in the back so much in the corners" . that system is truly in a league of its own...

is that...a residential neighborhood?
Old 04-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Drifting

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
^^ Yes - that was in car talk a while ago - i think it was some sort of Canadian race. IIRC the car was driven by a paraplegic. I'm too lazy to try and find the other thread with this video in it...
Old 09-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
That is the Newfoundland Targa Rally. It's an annual racing event in eastern Canada. It's a very cool event and the course runs all over the province. Lots of different types of cars run in it.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Let me add to WREAK....Newfoundland is the Eastern most Canadian province (Island). Anyone who has been to that province will tell you that you will meet some of the nicest people you will ever come across - and the most challenging roads too. The scenary along the western most portion of the Island runs through Gros Morne National Park....for any people that enjoy breath taking scenary, this is the place to drive. In addition, the eastern portion of the Island allows people to see the most amazing Icebergs (late in th ewiner and especially in the spring) you will see....hence why the Titanic sank...and iceberg that drifted southward toward the Grand Banks). This is an annual race through the various communities and the SH-AWD is gonna shine in such an event. Sorry for the little education course...just an area not too far from home and very few Americans seem to know much about us....no offense guys! Now if you do come here, make sure you order a large double double from Tim Horton eh!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Here is an article about the team.

http://www.wheels.ca/reviews/article/791638

Another article
http://www.autos.ca/auto-articles/feature-soldier-on

Last edited by Steven Bell; 09-11-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
Let me add to WREAK....Newfoundland is the Eastern most Canadian province (Island). Anyone who has been to that province will tell you that you will meet some of the nicest people you will ever come across - and the most challenging roads too. The scenary along the western most portion of the Island runs through Gros Morne National Park....for any people that enjoy breath taking scenary, this is the place to drive. In addition, the eastern portion of the Island allows people to see the most amazing Icebergs (late in th ewiner and especially in the spring) you will see....hence why the Titanic sank...and iceberg that drifted southward toward the Grand Banks). This is an annual race through the various communities and the SH-AWD is gonna shine in such an event. Sorry for the little education course...just an area not too far from home and very few Americans seem to know much about us....no offense guys! Now if you do come here, make sure you order a large double double from Tim Horton eh!
Hmm a fellow Maritimer I assume, especially with a username like "weather" .