AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   4G TL Photograph Gallery (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-photograph-gallery-296/)
-   -   KK's modded WDP Sh Awd with Rotora BBK (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-photograph-gallery-296/kks-modded-wdp-sh-awd-rotora-bbk-832308/)

KarKraze 09-10-2011 08:18 PM

KK's modded WDP Sh Awd with Rotora BBK

9 Attachment(s)
I just wanted to post a few pictures of my WDP Tl i just added the aero package and plan to have the tints done in 35% soon as well as adding the rear roof wing which i am currently waiting for,some of the other things that i have done includes the 3M clear protection on the hood,fender etc,midnight chrome rear trim and grill,alum pedal trims and an upgrade to the stereo.I have added the Takeda SRI,j pipes and pcd to my wish list of things to do for next summer as i will soon be storing the car for the winter,hope you guys like what i have done so far.

Attachment 88195

Attachment 88196

Attachment 88197

Attachment 88198

Attachment 88199

Attachment 88200

Attachment 88201

Attachment 88202

Attachment 88203

01stang 09-10-2011 09:26 PM

Man it looks clean

maxikeem 09-10-2011 09:39 PM

looks good, may i ask where you got the pedals from?

weather 09-11-2011 06:35 AM

KarKraze....Sharp looking TL!! I love the aerokit and the fact you also store your car in the winter *lol* I partially store mine in that it never goes out when the roads are salty or messy (even when it rains the cars stays inside). I did notice the Ontario plate....Fellow Canadian here (NB). Congrats on your car - Make sure you keep it looking this good. I know some here modify their cars to the max and I find its sometime too much. Yours is just right :) If I didn't lease my car, I'd maybe upgrade the stereo too by adding a bigger sub as you have....but thats about all I would do except for the aerokit that I have.

Steven Bell 09-11-2011 02:31 PM

KK, your TL looks great. That's a nice list of upcoming mods too.

KarKraze 09-11-2011 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by maxikeem (Post 13223243)
looks good, may i ask where you got the pedals from?

I purchased them from a custom accessory shop in Toronto,this is their website www.teamsls.ca

Thanks to everyone for their compliments.

LawnPro 09-13-2011 10:06 PM

karkraze, sweet tl. im looking at the same car this week to buy. its a 2010 sh awd wdp/taupe 6m/t. i live in n.w. wisconsin, the car is in washington state! ill probably have to get it shipped to me once i sign the paperwork. is your shawd a 6 m/t? anyways i appreciate the pics. car looks great! :thumbsup:

KarKraze 09-15-2011 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by tl3430 (Post 13230597)
karkraze, sweet tl. im looking at the same car this week to buy. its a 2010 sh awd wdp/taupe 6m/t. i live in n.w. wisconsin, the car is in washington state! ill probably have to get it shipped to me once i sign the paperwork. is your shawd a 6 m/t? anyways i appreciate the pics. car looks great! :thumbsup:

I wish it was a manual,i have to contend with using it in sports mode which actually fun,from time to time you do get the itch to hammer it a little lol.

LawnPro 09-15-2011 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by KarKraze (Post 13234131)
I wish it was a manual,i have to contend with using it in sports mode which actually fun,from time to time you do get the itch to hammer it a little lol.

karkraze, i guess we cant get always get excactly the car we want. tomorro im signing for the shawd tl, its got taupe int, i wanted what you got, ebony.:thumbsup: oh well. im glad i found a wdp, and not the black, too hard to keep clean:ugh:

KarKraze 09-17-2011 01:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I recieved the rear roof wing,took about 2 weeks to arrive but well worth the wait,this is one more item off the list,tinted windows is next.Here is a few pictures of the wing

Attachment 88204

Attachment 88205

Attachment 88206

LawnPro 09-20-2011 06:54 PM

karkraze, i like the roof spoiler! looks great. im gettin my tl early next week, and the roof wing is gonna be one of my mods as well. im gonna try and tint my windows as soon as i can. tint looks great with the wdp! can i ask where you got your roof wing? if it isnt too expensive, id like to order one. im assuming it came with the matching wdp paint? do you use some sort of adhesive to install it? thanks for the answers, im a total newbie when it comes to car mods. :what:

KarKraze 09-20-2011 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by tl3430 (Post 13246687)
karkraze, i like the roof spoiler! looks great. im gettin my tl early next week, and the roof wing is gonna be one of my mods as well. im gonna try and tint my windows as soon as i can. tint looks great with the wdp! can i ask where you got your roof wing? if it isnt too expensive, id like to order one. im assuming it came with the matching wdp paint? do you use some sort of adhesive to install it? thanks for the answers, im a total newbie when it comes to car mods. :what:

I purchased it on ebay,it came painted and you have to specify the colour code in the notes section when ordering,the cost was approx $86.Can shipped,this is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAINT...item43a85d7e86

It came with 2 strips of two way tape attached and a tube of silicone,the first time i put it one i did not use the silicone and it did not hold on too well so i removed it and put a strip of 3m vhb(very high bond) over the original 2 side tape and then re-attached,so far it seems to be holding up well,make sure you clean the glass with rubbing alcohol.

Steven Bell 09-20-2011 09:20 PM

KK, the roof spoiler really looks good. It puts a nice finishing touch to any TL.

KarKraze 09-24-2011 03:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I had the tint completed today with Formula 1 Pinnacle 30 ceramic tint,here is a few pics of it

Attachment 88207

Attachment 88208

LawnPro 09-24-2011 03:26 PM

kk, very nice tint. thanks for the post on your roof spoiler. i just ordered my splash guards on ebay from acura of reno, and next will be the roof spoiler. so is your tint considered 30% ? :toocool:

KarKraze 09-24-2011 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by tl3430 (Post 13255450)
kk, very nice tint. thanks for the post on your roof spoiler. i just ordered my splash guards on ebay from acura of reno, and next will be the roof spoiler. so is your tint considered 30% ? :toocool:

You are welcome,yes the tint is considered 30%,however shades can vary from brand to brand so you should look at them side by side for comparison,i choose the Formula 1 Pinnacle because it is considered by many to be one of the premier brands, it has amazing clarity from inside the car and since it is ceramic it will not fade or interfere with satelite signal, i will post an inside shot later.

23109VC 09-29-2011 12:17 PM

your car looks perfect. is it stock suspension or did you lower it???

the WDP cars are so nice looking. are those 18" wheels or 19" wheels?

for a car tha tmostly has oem parts on it - body kit/wheels - it looks tasteful, yet aggressive. too many people overdo cars with mods, or mismatched mods and they take a car that started out classy and they ruin it... you, sir, did it right. it looks GREAT.

KarKraze 09-29-2011 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by 23109VC (Post 13266494)
your car looks perfect. is it stock suspension or did you lower it???

the WDP cars are so nice looking. are those 18" wheels or 19" wheels?

for a car tha tmostly has oem parts on it - body kit/wheels - it looks tasteful, yet aggressive. too many people overdo cars with mods, or mismatched mods and they take a car that started out classy and they ruin it... you, sir, did it right. it looks GREAT.

Thank you for your compliments,the suspension is stock and the rims are 18" stock as well,at some point i may change to 19".

guitarplayer16 09-29-2011 08:23 PM

Tint looks great!

F1 Pinnacle 30% is a GREAT choice!

KarKraze 09-30-2011 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by guitarplayer16 (Post 13267654)
Tint looks great!

F1 Pinnacle 30% is a GREAT choice!

Thank you,i see that you are planning to use this tint as well,i am very pleased with the way it turned out,btw fellow Torontonian here :thumbsup:.

SteveB7713 09-30-2011 08:25 PM

Sport Pedal Installation

Did you install the pedal covers yourself?
If so how did you install the brake cover?

I ordered a set and insalltion of gas and foot rest pedals is easy, but brake is metal and not flush for drilling or setting bolts.

thanks

KarKraze 09-30-2011 08:43 PM

[quote=SteveB7713;13270158]Did you install the pedal covers yourself?
If so how did you install the brake cover?

I ordered a set and insalltion of gas and foot rest pedals is easy, but brake is metal and not flush for drilling or setting bolts.

thanks[/quote

Yes i did the installation myself and as you correctly stated the accelerator and dead pedals are easy to install,with regards to the brake pedals the aftermarket one did match the original so i left on the rubber pad on and put masking tape over the pad,i then placed the aftermarket piece over the masking tape and used it as a template to mark the hole location on the tape using a pen,remove the aftermarket piece and then drill the marking on the masking tape,be careful not to leave the aftermarket piece on when drilling the holes because the drill can move and damage it,the aftermarket pedals are made from aluminum which is very soft and thus easily damaged by the drill.I hope this helps,post pics after.

SteveB7713 10-01-2011 12:50 PM

thanks for advice I will give it a shot

Did you ever figure out what the five acura emplem nuts are for?
I believe they are valve stem covers, one for the spare tire or if one is lost maybe??

guitarplayer16 10-02-2011 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by KarKraze (Post 13269934)
Thank you,i see that you are planning to use this tint as well,i am very pleased with the way it turned out,btw fellow Torontonian here :thumbsup:.

Yeah planning to get mine done at Auto-Links (John's a good guy!) Wild guess, but you probably got your car tinted there =P

I still gotta make it to a local meet sometime lol

KarKraze 10-03-2011 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by SteveB7713 (Post 13270954)
thanks for advice I will give it a shot

Did you ever figure out what the five acura emplem nuts are for?
I believe they are valve stem covers, one for the spare tire or if one is lost maybe??

I did not recieve those,the only one i got was used to bolt on the brake pedal,nice little bonus though.

Originally Posted by guitarplayer16 (Post 13272714)
Yeah planning to get mine done at Auto-Links (John's a good guy!) Wild guess, but you probably got your car tinted there =P

I still gotta make it to a local meet sometime lol

No i got mine done at Lazer Tints in Vaughan,i had to wait a couple of weeks to get a Saturday appointment since they were fully booked.I would also like to go to a meet but i guess it will have to wait for next year since i will be storing the car in a few weeks for the winter.If you remember hook me up when you hear about a meet,thnx.

guitarplayer16 10-08-2011 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by KarKraze (Post 13273590)
No i got mine done at Lazer Tints in Vaughan,i had to wait a couple of weeks to get a Saturday appointment since they were fully booked.I would also like to go to a meet but i guess it will have to wait for next year since i will be storing the car in a few weeks for the winter.If you remember hook me up when you hear about a meet,thnx.

Sorry to hear man; Auto-Links was doing a Group Buy for F1 Pinnacle for $270. I heard you paid like 370 or something! =(

Keep checking the Regions Board for meets =)

https://acurazine.com/forums/eastern-canada-323/

KarKraze 10-08-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by guitarplayer16 (Post 13286548)
Sorry to hear man; Auto-Links was doing a Group Buy for F1 Pinnacle for $270. I heard you paid like 370 or something! =(

Keep checking the Regions Board for meets =)

https://acurazine.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=323

Thanks for the info on the meets, i did not know about the group buy,too bad :ugh:.

KarKraze 10-25-2011 07:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I did two more small mods,added the led bulbs to the drl and the licence plate

Attachment 88209

Attachment 88210

LawnPro 10-25-2011 09:40 PM

very nice karkraze. id like to do the same
- led drl bulbs. what brand did you go with?

any pics of the led plate mod? your tl always
looks good. keep it up! :toocool:

KarKraze 10-26-2011 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by tl3430 (Post 13322185)
very nice karkraze. id like to do the same
- led drl bulbs. what brand did you go with?

any pics of the led plate mod? your tl always
looks good. keep it up! :toocool:

Thanks for checking in on my progress,i purchased the kit from Motoring Max on ebay,it came complete with the resistors and wiring harness,keep in mind though that this only useful for getting rid of the yellowish colour of the standard halogen bulbs and they function well enough for drl's they are almost useless as a high beam,if you need to use your high beam often you may need to consider something different since the Led type bulbs are not projectors and will not illuminate a dark areas well.I will post pics of the licence led later.

Wa Gwan 10-26-2011 03:23 PM

Beautiful TL bro!!! I'm taking delivery in November on the 2012 TL 6 Speed Manual. I'm getting in Bellanova White.

KarKraze 10-30-2011 03:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Wa Gwan (Post 13323878)
Beautiful TL bro!!! I'm taking delivery in November on the 2012 TL 6 Speed Manual. I'm getting in Bellanova White.

Now that is a nice car to get,congrats :thumbsup:

tl3430 here is a pic of the led licence bulb
Attachment 88211

KarKraze 11-03-2011 08:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Had time to rework the stereo installation,completely new enclosure setup

Attachment 88212

Attachment 88213

Teddybear 11-04-2011 08:44 AM

Looks great! Maybe i'll see u on the street!
where'd u get the roof spoiler from? im really tempted to get one! i have hte same yr and model :)

KarKraze 11-04-2011 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Teddybear (Post 13342867)
Looks great! Maybe i'll see u on the street!
where'd u get the roof spoiler from? im really tempted to get one! i have hte same yr and model :)

Well i hope i see you as well,i purchased the roof spoiler from e bay,here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAINT...item43a85d7e86

Teddybear 11-04-2011 11:58 PM

Thanks, how much did it come to? Any brokerage?

Talbot 11-06-2011 12:38 PM

Great looking TL!

KarKraze 11-06-2011 03:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Teddybear (Post 13344596)
Thanks, how much did it come to? Any brokerage?

Cost was appox $86.00 Can +$14 fees,the bill for $14 came from ups about 2 weeks after the part was delivered,most of this info is posted above in this thread.

Originally Posted by Talbot (Post 13346407)
Great looking TL!

Thank you.

I like this pic, taken at night with a cell phone but i think it makes the Tl looks a little mean lol

Attachment 88214

this is probably my last picture for the year since the car is now

Attachment 88215

it recieved a complete interior,exterior and underbody detail,oil change and Sta-bil added to the gas,kinda sad to park it but at least i have something to look forward to in the spring,if all goes well i should be able to do a bit more next year :wish:.

guitarplayer16 11-06-2011 05:04 PM

loving the progress!

KarKraze 12-19-2011 02:18 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here is a few pictures of a little project that i have been working on for some time,i did'nt want to post them because i am very busy atm and will not have time to complete this until April/May when i bring the car out for the summer,i ran into several snags along the way but it seems that it should work out allright,so here goes

Attachment 88216

Attachment 88217

Attachment 88218

Attachment 88219

Attachment 88220