Installed body kit on WDP

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 01:21 AM
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
Installed body kit on WDP

I installed the front lip on my 2009 TL a WHILE ago.. I figured it looked decent with just the front and I didn't want to spend the money for the whole kit... so I left it with the front only... it honestly didn't look too bad but it never looked right to me.

I finally got the rest of the kit and installed it today. I was gonna have potzmilk do it for me but he was out of town.. I just couldn't wait..so I read as much as I could online, looked at some photos of other people's installs, and downloaded the instructions. It took me a while to get it done... but it looks sweet.

i have to say - it's NOT that hard to install. time consuming if it's your first time..but it's a very doable job for the average guy. you need to be relatively handy..but it's not that hard. the bumper is marked so you would have to really screw it up to drill or cut in the wrong place. some of the premarked drill points were VERY hard to see... they were extremely faint..but i found them all eventually. the Acura kit is top notch.. everything fit perfectly.

I still have one side skirt I have to finish installing. when I removed the stock clips, ONE lousy clip broke off and I'll have to buy another one tomorrow... i can't install the new side skirt until i have that one clip...once i have the clip i should have it all together in 30 minutes.

here are some pics of how it looks now. i love the look. combined with my lowering springs, and 20/25 spacers, it looks great.

i'll upload some new pics later..once it's all finished and the sun is up. I worked on this until it was dark..

yes .. i know my muffler is dented. that is on the fix it list too.

Last edited by 23109VC; 11-15-2015 at 01:24 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:26 AM
Drifting

Received 673 Likes on 542 Posts
Nothing like the satisfaction of a DIY.

Looks great and one of the best aesthetic mods for the TL.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:58 AM
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
thanks! yes - the OEM lip kit really does change the look of the car. having added the kit in pieces I can say that the front gave the front a more aggressive look... when I put on the rear - wow.. that really makes the back end look better. when i pulled out the new side skirts I have to say I was like "WTF, these don't look that different"... I had them laying on the ground parallel and the differences looked very subtle..but once you put it on the car, you see the difference... it sticks out more, is thicker, and has more mass up at the wheel wells.. if I look at the side WITH the side skirt vs the side that is stock... the OEM side skirt looked super wimpy...

I like my grill too. I had to have fender work done a year or so ago, so I took that change to have the shop custom paint my grill and i painted the large metal surround WDP and only left the center silver. love it! once i get my bumper plugs and yank of the FUGLY front plate it will look even sleeker.

if you notice my lower lip kit is all smacked up.. I have a story coming on that ...