First Washing...all by myself!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That looks good, I remember my first wash, always exiting

https://acurazine.com/forums/album.p...ictureid=56794

And by the way, your tint looks good, can you please provide details like brand, percentage etc. Thanks once again.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:54 PM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Avikban......we're twins....almost lol. It's 20% but I don't know the brand. I can give you the place name if you're in this area and want to check it out.
The following users liked this post:
avikban (06-03-2013)
Old 06-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BabyGirl_NC
Thanks Avikban......we're twins....almost lol. It's 20% but I don't know the brand. I can give you the place name if you're in this area and want to check it out.
haha and That would be great. Thank you so much and I'm in NC too, Charlotte
Old 06-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Love Guru

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts
Daym!!

Looks good. What did you use to wash the car? I have switched to Mothers wash and wax, with Carnuba, and it gives pretty good results. I used it to wash my Mom's White car, Pearl White to be more accurate, and you could see the shine in the paint. Of course I followed with a layer of wax too, but thats a different story.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:18 PM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Avikban.....Omega Windows Tinting....might be a little far from you though...

Mr raja.....I used meguiars products
The following users liked this post:
avikban (06-05-2013)
Old 06-06-2013, 02:16 AM
meh
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Holy crap! I just spent the weekend cleaning and polishing... I seriously could not remember the last time I washed it! Could have been a year! But it looked new .. for a day anyway!

BTW... I also applied that new spray on clear bra as an experiment. Looks good so far.
That's the best feeling. I haven't had a chance to wash my car after 3 weeks and it's like driving a new car all over again!

How do you like the clear bra application? I considered doing the real thing and going with a clear bra for the front as freeways in los angeles have some shitty things flying up al the time. Just curious if that clear bra actually helps at all or if it's just like a glosser.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 202 Posts
Aerospace 303 protectant. Can be used on all the plastics on your car including the headlights and plastic under the hood, below the windsheild and on your tires to gloss them up. Best UV protectant you can get. I use it for all the cars I detail.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Vidur Chengappa
Aerospace 303 protectant. Can be used on all the plastics on your car including the headlights and plastic under the hood, below the windsheild and on your tires to gloss them up. Best UV protectant you can get. I use it for all the cars I detail.
Excellent product!
Old 06-08-2013, 01:23 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by meh
That's the best feeling. I haven't had a chance to wash my car after 3 weeks and it's like driving a new car all over again!

How do you like the clear bra application? I considered doing the real thing and going with a clear bra for the front as freeways in los angeles have some shitty things flying up al the time. Just curious if that clear bra actually helps at all or if it's just like a glosser.
I put some pictures and my impression in this thread...

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-2013-2018-404/do-yourself-clear-bra-888148/

I'm not sure what a 'glosser' is. It is definitely thick. I'd say it is not as tough as a 'real' clear bra but for something you can do for $25 it is not bad at all. Jury is still out on how long it will last. It definitely takes 4 days to cure. The application is a little tricky since the proper thickness and even coating is key. There is another member who also install one and our experiences are pretty much the same. The only imperfections are a few places where it ran because I touched it while it was wet. Also one place has my fingerprint... because I touched it while it was still wet... the solution... don't touch it!

I was on my 2nd clear bra on the car. The brand I had (Venture Tape) just could not hold up to the TX sun. It was painful to get it off in the places that it left adhesive. Very painful.

Last edited by Rocket_man; 06-08-2013 at 01:33 AM.