**pics** white tl -aerokit. Toronto premier gala

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Aero kit makes the car. Now I might actually be interested in buying one.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Im one of the few on this board who liked the 4g from the get go and i think it looks even better with the a spec kit. Just my taste....WDP with the lip kit!
Old 10-04-2008, 11:13 PM
blah

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
It does look better with the kit but I feel that the lines still don't really flow with it.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:14 PM
99 TL, 06 E350

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts
OMG...that whole car spells ricer.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Originally Posted by Vietnastee
It does look better with the kit but I feel that the lines still don't really flow with it.

+1...I'm in total agreement with the "no flow".
Old 10-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PPLAPW
I think it looks decent. I would color match the grill or completely change it...
I would change it to a 3G
Old 10-05-2008, 09:43 AM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope to see one in person some day as I'm not feeling the pictures...
Old 10-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by black tire
omg...that whole car spells ricer.
+1
Old 10-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by feelgood13
don't quit your day job to become a photog.
Hey loser...i didnt have to go out and take pics..like i said i took it with my blackberry. If you have nothing to say about the actual car, instead of the way the pics came out, then STFU!
Old 10-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Instructor

this picture = pure sex
Old 10-06-2008, 10:27 AM
T-Swzy

don't quit your day job to become a photog.
By far thE most mature comment I have ever read

I think the rear would look a lot better with some beefier exhaust. I'm talking 3rd genn quad tips
Old 10-07-2008, 07:55 PM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Look at the top of the trunk... It's a fucking shield of it's own.

I don't know who the hell designed this POS, but the 3G TL is going to be the best TL out there.

Who the hell puts so many lines on a car? This thing is all over the place. At the least, have all of them flowing horizontally so everything looks 'together.' The car looks slapped together overnight so Acura fans don't have to wait...also, it is a way to not 'upgrade' the TL with some of the options most manufacturers are adding to their luxury branded cars. Cooled seats? Nah, we don't need that.... just add a big ass grille and call it a night!

Last edited by Be-in my TL; 10-07-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,026 Likes on 1,518 Posts
^ zzz
Old 10-08-2008, 03:53 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by bubbahead
Hey loser...i didnt have to go out and take pics..like i said i took it with my blackberry. If you have nothing to say about the actual car, instead of the way the pics came out, then STFU!
you're going to blame the shitty pics on your blackberry? it looks like you clicked the shutter button while in the middle of an epileptic seizure. just sayin'... if you're going to do something, do it right - don't give us some quarter-ass effort.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Intermediate

you're going to blame the shitty pics on your blackberry? it looks like you clicked the shutter button while in the middle of an epileptic seizure. just sayin'... if you're going to do something, do it right - don't give us some quarter-ass effort.
Listen here idiot...its not like i had a tripod to put it on.....and with people buzzing around the place had to take it quickly. Maybe next time you can come with me and I can place the camera on your head to get a steady shot. ..but then again from the statements you make, doesnt look like your head is on straight anyhow. Grow up!
GOOF!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Both of you knock it off....please.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:30 AM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

What an

Old 10-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Blanka

Originally Posted by 6SpdTerror
Im one of the few on this board who liked the 4g from the get go and i think it looks even better with the a spec kit. Just my taste....WDP with the lip kit!
x2 Im with you kemosabe...
Old 10-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Indian Acura Driver

The pics are decent for a Crackberry (i have one). If you could have gotten a full side profile it would have been a bonus.

The back and side of the car from what i can see, make it look amazing, with the right rims and right size of rims, this will look flawless. I saw the back and was instantly happy with it, you dont' notice the weird back from it now.

The front however, the grille is just too big and the front part of the kit..i'm not really sure what's going on there....BUT i have yet to see this car in person (i'm going to Toronto, i'll check the aerokit), but i think like the TSX, the Aerokit will MAKE this car what it should be.

I do agree, that it does borderline ricer, but the fact that it's producing well over 250hp and the Shawd over 300, it has enough grunt and power to satisfy the looks that go with it. It's not a slouch and that's why i would not drop this in the ricer category..but it is close.

Eventually someone will supercharge this thing, and with the Aerokit the car will be amazing.

And as someone mentioned elsewhere in the forum, grills can be changed. Hell i'm sure someone will develop a new hood and grill kit to go with it and the car should do well.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Brown Chaos
The pics are decent for a Crackberry (i have one). If you could have gotten a full side profile it would have been a bonus.

The back and side of the car from what i can see, make it look amazing, with the right rims and right size of rims, this will look flawless. I saw the back and was instantly happy with it, you dont' notice the weird back from it now.

The front however, the grille is just too big and the front part of the kit..i'm not really sure what's going on there....BUT i have yet to see this car in person (i'm going to Toronto, i'll check the aerokit), but i think like the TSX, the Aerokit will MAKE this car what it should be.

I do agree, that it does borderline ricer, but the fact that it's producing well over 250hp and the Shawd over 300, it has enough grunt and power to satisfy the looks that go with it. It's not a slouch and that's why i would not drop this in the ricer category..but it is close.

Eventually someone will supercharge this thing, and with the Aerokit the car will be amazing.

And as someone mentioned elsewhere in the forum, grills can be changed. Hell i'm sure someone will develop a new hood and grill kit to go with it and the car should do well.
My rep at Oakville acura told me they have a white tech fwd in and will be putting on an Aerokit inthe next day or two...so if you pass by Oakville, it should be like the one i took in the pics.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:07 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NTP66
I'm obviously in the minority here, but that kit is absolutely hideous. It looks like somebody just taped on plastic panels around the car.
youre right. a real body kit would include new bumpers and sills not stupid glue on stuff like this kit and the old a-spec kit. it looks unfinished and tacky.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:12 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
youre right. a real body kit would include new bumpers and sills not stupid glue on stuff like this kit and the old a-spec kit. it looks unfinished and tacky.
I personally want nothing to do with a "new" bumper and sills....thats when it becomes riced out. Most of the people buying this kind of car wont want a full bodykit and some will be fine with just a lip kit. Most of you guys havent even seen it in person with or without the aspec and you're passing judgement.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:10 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I personally want nothing to do with a "new" bumper and sills....thats when it becomes riced out. Most of the people buying this kind of car wont want a full bodykit and some will be fine with just a lip kit. Most of you guys havent even seen it in person with or without the aspec and you're passing judgement.

and you would know this how? oh thats right you dont. what you want means nothing since like everyone else you are only one person. and I owned a 3rd gen tl right after they came out and have seen the tacky lame a-spec 'body kit'. if you want to see how its done correctly you need only look at an amg kit. of course thats probably too riced out for you.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
and you would know this how? oh thats right you dont. what you want means nothing since like everyone else you are only one person. and I owned a 3rd gen tl right after they came out and have seen the tacky lame a-spec 'body kit'. if you want to see how its done correctly you need only look at an amg kit. of course thats probably too riced out for you.
All u have to do is look at the current 3rd gens on the street. If everyone had your same shitty taste u would see a bunch of riced out TLs on the street ......but since we don't see that, guess you're in the minority.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Intermediate

All u have to do is look at the current 3rd gens on the street. If everyone had your same shitty taste u would see a bunch of riced out TLs on the street ......but since we don't see that, guess you're in the minority.
I own a 2006 TL with aerokit (not A-spec)...It looks amazing.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:28 AM
08 TL Type S

Originally Posted by illustriousua6
aerokit def. Changes the looks on this car.. I'm starting to like the 09 tl!!
+1
Old 10-14-2008, 08:46 PM
07 TL-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i really like the rear with this kit wow... actually that kit has really changed my opinion on the exterior of the 09.. wow
Old 10-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Bears Rule!(Well, kinda')

I'm surprised no one has barked about it's "bolt on" appearance. The lines where the additional plastic meet the body are brutal. I hate it on the 3G and all Honda's / Toyota's. It just looks cheap.

If you're in a car that's pushing 45 grand, as will be the case for the SH-AWD folks, at least you could get kit parts that come as a full piece rather than simply tacked-on body cladding.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Originally Posted by Mindworm
I'm surprised no one has barked about it's "bolt on" appearance. The lines where the additional plastic meet the body are brutal. I hate it on the 3G and all Honda's / Toyota's. It just looks cheap.

If you're in a car that's pushing 45 grand, as will be the case for the SH-AWD folks, at least you could get kit parts that come as a full piece rather than simply tacked-on body cladding.
+1....I'm totally with you Mindworm.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:20 PM

I'm kinda' surprised more folks aren't on board with this, but hey....this gen is verrrrrrrrry subjective for all involved.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:36 AM
Racer

My comments are.....

After seeing a white TL at my local dealership, I fell in love with it big time!! I was sure I was not going to like it but once again, pics don't do this car any justice. That being said, I am disapointed in the bodykit pics on this TL. Maybe its just the photos but again, like some have said, it seems the lines don't flow well, almost like its trying too hard, especially the front. I am a big fan of aerokit as I have one on my 09 TSX and what I love about my bodykit (unlike that of the TL, is mine is a whole bumper assembly rather than just a few add ons....Too bad. I think if I were to buy a TL, I would just get the SH-AWD (when it comes out) but no bodykit for me.....although I like the painted part of the grill (middle portion only of the shield) as posted in some other threads.....

My 2cents....
Old 10-20-2008, 04:47 AM
skaiiz tha limit

all in the end. your minds will change and opinions will alter and you will grow to like the car.

future reference for those of you who change your mind about the car, -"oh I guess its not so bad"
Old 10-20-2008, 07:45 AM

Hopefully going to see myself this next week or so.....
Old 10-21-2008, 04:28 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 09TSX
My comments are.....

After seeing a white TL at my local dealership, I fell in love with it big time!! I was sure I was not going to like it but once again, pics don't do this car any justice. That being said, I am disapointed in the bodykit pics on this TL. Maybe its just the photos but again, like some have said, it seems the lines don't flow well, almost like its trying too hard, especially the front. I am a big fan of aerokit as I have one on my 09 TSX and what I love about my bodykit (unlike that of the TL, is mine is a whole bumper assembly rather than just a few add ons....Too bad. I think if I were to buy a TL, I would just get the SH-AWD (when it comes out) but no bodykit for me.....although I like the painted part of the grill (middle portion only of the shield) as posted in some other threads.....

My 2cents....

09TSX made an awesome point why didn't the new TL aerokit come with a entire bumper assembly?? THey did it for the new TSX and why not for the new TL??
Old 10-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ed99
09TSX made an awesome point why didn't the new TL aerokit come with a entire bumper assembly?? THey did it for the new TSX and why not for the new TL??
Possibly because it's market share is limited compared to the TSX. The TSX is the accord in Europe and in Japan while the TL is only found in the US.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:04 PM

Market share should have NOTHING to do with car priced at 40,000 +. If this is a Honda, fine. But Acura claims to be stepping up to be a tier 1 company.

Clearly, this step doesn't reinforce that statement.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:05 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Can someone photoshop this White TL w/Aerokit with some sick rims tucked under the fender to give us an idea of what kind of potential this new TL got.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Yea, It's Me!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Aerokits and Pearl paint

This may be just me, I am so "A" type and picky. I'll try to post some pix when I get back from vacation next week. I bought a White Diamond Pearl 4G and added the 18" Chrome-Look wheels, aero body kit and painted grill.
I noticed a very very slight difference in the color match of the body kit and grill against the metal painted surfaces. I noticed the same thing on my Yellow Pearl S2000 when comparing the front and rear bumpers against the metal fenders, aluminum hood and rear clip. I understand the paint process and working with different materials when painting. Maybe the pearl in the paint is so dramatic. I called the Acura dealer to ask if the body kit was locally painted or came pre-finished. I was told pre-finished. Can't blame the body shop. No one looking at the car has commented. Maybe it's just me. If anyone is contemplating the body kit and is as anal as I am, you may want to investigate first.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by PGSberg
This may be just me, I am so "A" type and picky. I'll try to post some pix when I get back from vacation next week. I bought a White Diamond Pearl 4G and added the 18" Chrome-Look wheels, aero body kit and painted grill.
I noticed a very very slight difference in the color match of the body kit and grill against the metal painted surfaces. I noticed the same thing on my Yellow Pearl S2000 when comparing the front and rear bumpers against the metal fenders, aluminum hood and rear clip. I understand the paint process and working with different materials when painting. Maybe the pearl in the paint is so dramatic. I called the Acura dealer to ask if the body kit was locally painted or came pre-finished. I was told pre-finished. Can't blame the body shop. No one looking at the car has commented. Maybe it's just me. If anyone is contemplating the body kit and is as anal as I am, you may want to investigate first.
Pics please!!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 12:52 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

I can't imagine paying above $20k for something so ugly. I keep trying to like this thing but I guess I'm going to have to wait for the 5G or start thinking about infinity.

Quick Reply: **pics** white tl -aerokit. Toronto premier gala