Right combination for a nice exhaust sound.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 07:37 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right combination for a nice exhaust sound.

It was time to change my air filter last weekend so I took it out to examine it. It was pretty dirty so I left it out and drove down to the local orieily for a replacement. I was pleasantly surprised by the change in sound from the exhaust. Much louder and throaty. Now I must have a better sounding Acura!

I am am curious what others here have done to improve the exhaust sound. What would you recommend I do?

Im thinking short ram intake and a j-pipe. What else have others done here?

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2018, 11:21 PM
The inconvenient truth

Received 436 Likes on 322 Posts
Originally Posted by mint0x
It was time to change my air filter last weekend so I took it out to examine it. It was pretty dirty so I left it out and drove down to the local orieily for a replacement. I was pleasantly surprised by the change in sound from the exhaust. Much louder and throaty. Now I must have a better sounding Acura!

I am am curious what others here have done to improve the exhaust sound. What would you recommend I do?

Im thinking short ram intake and a j-pipe. What else have others done here?

Thanks!
People have done lots of things... combinations of; PCD, HFPC, J-pipe (with and without 3rd cat delete), mufflers, Catbacks, resonators, straight pipe and so forth. The answer is subjective and really depends how much money you want to spend and how loud you want it.

Check out this thread for many examples.

https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-p...-going-914752/