Other Tuners besides K Tuner? Anything to know about K tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 12:54 AM
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Other Tuners besides K Tuner? Anything to know about K tuner?

What are the advantages/Disadvantage of K tuner? or the other Tuner option(s) (I thought there was another, not sure)?
If I tune before I upgrade the various hardware, is there any issue re-tuning after the mods? I would assume if there is a tuner for 1 car, it would work as long as the tuner recognizes that on board computer.
Just looking for anything of note, experiences or etc. Thanks
Old 07-13-2018, 06:10 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Hondata is the other tuning company, although I believe Hondata gave up on tuning the 4G...as it's hard and not much gains can be had from a naturally aspirated engine.

here is the description of Ktuner...

Tuning for 4G TL is now a possibility with KTuner. KTuner is a tuning software with a customizable interface and tabbed layout. Items such as gauges, tables, and graphs can be added to tabs and moved into position just how you like it.All the important tuning feature are available such as, Rev limits, Ignition, fueling and knock. In addition to being able to make those adjustments real-time logging, recording, playback, and graphing are standard items available with the end user version.

so, you see. it's a tuning software. NOT a reflash, as you were thinking. this means, one would need either a) electronic tuner with driving logs and tunes sent over email. b) dyno tune.

these types of tuning will allow the person who manipulates the engine parameters, or the tuner, to tune the car to create a good driving experience by keeping knock in check, making sure the car isn't running lean. by doing this you can extract a few horsies and a little bit better fuel economy...
the key tho to tuning; isnt for horsepower, but for driveability and keeping the air fuel ratio stoich
Old 07-17-2018, 05:34 PM
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts
Tuned basemaps are actually included and there were very noticeable gains for the SH-AWD especially. See the other thread here for feedback and info.