Ktuner- The first tuning solution for the 4G TL

Old 04-09-2017, 07:49 PM
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by KSeriesTuner
Injector sizing can already be done via AFM.fuel and Injector battery offsets.

These ECUs are going to be very difficult to custom code anything for.
I'll assume there more difficulty than the 2013-2017 V6 (MT) Accords? Reason I ask is finally got one of my friends to get Ktuner for his (MT) Accord and was quite surprise with the goodies in the settings department. Also "yes cheesy" I'm in the tuning process and I wanted to shoot 2 step flames like I have seen the RSX guys but my tuner stated some options to make that happen was not available as well.

No knock against you guy very thankful for the work you guys put in and so far my tuning experience has been beautiful. Greatly appreciate the work you guys do. Just curious if at least the MT guys may have some other options like the Accord V6 MT guys.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts
The 13-16 Accord got a much easier processor to work with. 08-12 Accord V6 is in the same boat as you.
The following users liked this post:
csmeance (04-13-2017)
Old 04-10-2017, 08:58 PM
Pro

The 13-16 Accord got a much easier processor to work with. 08-12 Accord V6 is in the same boat as you.
Appreciate it.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Instructor

Still plugging away at this ECU, though, we'll see what happens.
The following 2 users liked this post by KSeriesTuner:
carbonTSEX (04-11-2017), CruzanTLSH-AWD (04-14-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 09:02 AM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
Does the MT AWD have a boost option?
Old 04-26-2017, 10:03 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Whats up fellas?

im on the RL side of this forum but let me give al ittle background..

05 Aspec RL sits on the TLs 19" OEM rims, Pulley, Rv6 Jpipe, J37 Manifold with the upgraded TB, HFPCD (pending install) and Intake manifold spacer and this has mostly been done within 2 months including installing aspec lol .

So what I want to ask and with 500+ posts maybe its been mentioned but again 500+ lol

I would love to tune my RL my goal is 275whp assuming I put down 230hp add my currents mods and now possibly a tune maybe it's achievable (I think)

Can it be done? Has it ever been talked about the J35A8 engine with awd? Ive seen somewhere my RL engine is similar to the Type S engine in the 3g TL but we share AWD

Thanks guys for whatever you can do to help me
Old 04-29-2017, 06:45 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese
Whats up fellas?

im on the RL side of this forum but let me give al ittle background..

05 Aspec RL sits on the TLs 19" OEM rims, Pulley, Rv6 Jpipe, J37 Manifold with the upgraded TB, HFPCD (pending install) and Intake manifold spacer and this has mostly been done within 2 months including installing aspec lol .

So what I want to ask and with 500+ posts maybe its been mentioned but again 500+ lol

I would love to tune my RL my goal is 275whp assuming I put down 230hp add my currents mods and now possibly a tune maybe it's achievable (I think)

Can it be done? Has it ever been talked about the J35A8 engine with awd? Ive seen somewhere my RL engine is similar to the Type S engine in the 3g TL but we share AWD

Thanks guys for whatever you can do to help me
Best bet would be to see with the Type S side being your a KB1 and that your engine is basically the same as the 07-08 Type S. Your engine has the better cam shaft profile for sure. I would say 260WHP. But i am curious.. I know the Type S can upgrade there cams have you thought about it? and does Hondata or Ktuner has a option out for you to tune?
Old 04-29-2017, 09:08 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by CruzanTLSH-AWD
Best bet would be to see with the Type S side being your a KB1 and that your engine is basically the same as the 07-08 Type S. Your engine has the better cam shaft profile for sure. I would say 260WHP. But i am curious.. I know the Type S can upgrade there cams have you thought about it? and does Hondata or Ktuner has a option out for you to tune?
i spoke with Ktuner earlier this week and I was told my RL doesn't use a CAN bus ECU? And said a standalone or piggyback tune would be my best option but they've never seen an RL tuned

ive actually looked into cams but with my supporting mods I figure my money would be better spent with a tune.. Pulley, Jpipe, J37 manifold and throttle body off the ZDX, PCD or HFPCD are being weighed right now which I want ( probably PCD and add a resonator to my exhaust), and Manifold spacer I have on my RL

ive looked on HeelToe at upgrading my fuel injectors but I haven't looked much into them as of right now I have no options on tuners I'm hoping to find someone
Old 04-29-2017, 07:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,988 Likes on 1,412 Posts
i spoke with Ktuner earlier this week and I was told my RL doesn't use a CAN bus ECU? And said a standalone or piggyback tune would be my best option but they've never seen an RL tuned

ive actually looked into cams but with my supporting mods I figure my money would be better spent with a tune.. Pulley, Jpipe, J37 manifold and throttle body off the ZDX, PCD or HFPCD are being weighed right now which I want ( probably PCD and add a resonator to my exhaust), and Manifold spacer I have on my RL

ive looked on HeelToe at upgrading my fuel injectors but I haven't looked much into them as of right now I have no options on tuners I'm hoping to find someone
It probably uses the same ECU type as the 04-06 TL hence the incompatibility. If you want to try to use K-Tuner, think about using an 2007 AWD MDX ECU maybe?
Old 04-29-2017, 09:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by csmeance
It probably uses the same ECU type as the 04-06 TL hence the incompatibility. If you want to try to use K-Tuner, think about using an 2007 AWD MDX ECU maybe?
Care to elaborate a little why that might work?

Any potential risks from swapping ECUs? (speaking along the lines of not often do I see people doing it)
I could consider this but id have to speak with ktuner so were aware of whats happening
Old 04-29-2017, 09:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,988 Likes on 1,412 Posts

Any potential risks from swapping ECUs? (speaking along the lines of not often do I see people doing it)
I could consider this but id have to speak with ktuner so were aware of whats happening
No clue, just an idea as the MDX's use a similar AWD system, use pretty much the same engine navi, etc.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:17 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
need more love for a flagship RL.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:35 AM
Pro

There is a Guy In Ontario Canada with a KB1 that he Piggy Back. It was one those drag racing folks use. He is on IG I can't find him tho will wait until he post if anything.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Racer

Anyone know anything about the transmission I have in the KB1? Could i share the tranny with the Type S or the MDX? with the added HP i want to maintain good life on my tranny and I do have a transmission cooler but I want to ensure good life
Old 05-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Instructor

Did more digging and it may actually be a CAN ECU for 2005. It would surprise me, but everything points that's direction. We can setup a test to find out. Email me.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
Did more digging and it may actually be a CAN ECU for 2005. It would surprise me, but everything points that's direction. We can setup a test to find out. Email me.
do it Where are you guys located? Ill buy an RL so I can be your test dummy if you are in California
Old 05-03-2017, 07:35 PM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
The KB1 RL uses a KLINE ECU
Old 05-05-2017, 08:01 AM
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Noob here but want to say thanks to all for the info in this thread. Gonna buy a KTuner and etune, get her optimized soon.
KSeriesTuner (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
At risk of being repetitive, some on the forum say J-Pipe is best single exhaust mod; others say PCD's. This thread leans that PCD is better.

As far as total bank for buck, I would probably have to get help (pay) to have PCD installed, whereas I could do a J-Pipe myself. Is there a consensus, all else being equal:
If K-Tuner + PCD = say 30 whp (for argument's sake anyway).
What does K-Tuner + J-Pipe = __ whp?
Old 05-05-2017, 03:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by thisaznboi88
do it Where are you guys located? Ill buy an RL so I can be your test dummy if you are in California
Arizona. No worries, we'll find someone.

Originally Posted by teh CL
The KB1 RL uses a KLINE ECU
That was my initial thought based on the year, but according to Acura the ECU part numbers outlined for 05+ are all CAN.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Racer

Arizona. No worries, we'll find someone.

That was my initial thought based on the year, but according to Acura the ECU part numbers outlined for 05+ are all CAN.
i just emailed you

Id love to tune my RL - I just dropped it off at my mechanic tonight to add some new parts
Old 05-08-2017, 12:30 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by rainydays
At risk of being repetitive, some on the forum say J-Pipe is best single exhaust mod; others say PCD's. This thread leans that PCD is better.

As far as total bank for buck, I would probably have to get help (pay) to have PCD installed, whereas I could do a J-Pipe myself. Is there a consensus, all else being equal:
If K-Tuner + PCD = say 30 whp (for argument's sake anyway).
What does K-Tuner + J-Pipe = __ whp?
The J pipe only swap with Ktuner power ratio ain't going to be worth it. Start with the Ktuner and PCD and work your way back until it's time to E-Tune.
rainydays (05-08-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 01:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The J pipe only swap with Ktuner power ratio ain't going to be worth it. Start with the Ktuner and PCD and work your way back until it's time to E-Tune.
are hfpc a good substitute for pcd. I just don't want smell.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:21 PM
Drifting

Received 671 Likes on 541 Posts
Originally Posted by Hyphology
are hfpc a good substitute for pcd. I just don't want smell.
HFPC is a great substitute. It's more costly but no smell, minimum rasp and no significant loss of HP compared to the PCD makes it my preferred option.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:15 AM
Intermediate

Noob question, don't know much about tuners. Say when I download a tune to my car do I drive it on the tune or do I flash it back after it's downloaded?
Old 05-20-2017, 04:42 PM
Drifting

Received 671 Likes on 541 Posts
Originally Posted by Hyphology
Noob question, don't know much about tuners. Say when I download a tune to my car do I drive it on the tune or do I flash it back after it's downloaded?
The unit comes with some preloaded tunes that match various mods. You can watch the video on K Tuner website on how to hook up the unit and how to upload a tune,it is all there and the process is quite simple.
To give you a brief idea, download the K Tuner software, register your unit online, go to your car plug it to the OBD port and the USB cable to your laptop , ignition on and lock it to your ECU. After that you select and upload one of the preloaded tunes that match your mods, it will erase your base (stock program) and the upload the selected tune to the ECU, it will then ask you to switch off and then turn on the ignition to complete the process. Once completed, you remove the unit from the ECU and you are all set.
That is a simple breakdown of the process, however be sure to follow all the instructions on the demo video and you will be golden.
KSeriesTuner (05-20-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 05:51 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KarKraze
The unit comes with some preloaded tunes that match various mods. You can watch the video on K Tuner website on how to hook up the unit and how to upload a tune,it is all there and the process is quite simple.
To give you a brief idea, download the K Tuner software, register your unit online, go to your car plug it to the OBD port and the USB cable to your laptop , ignition on and lock it to your ECU. After that you select and upload one of the preloaded tunes that match your mods, it will erase your base (stock program) and the upload the selected tune to the ECU, it will then ask you to switch off and then turn on the ignition to complete the process. Once completed, you remove the unit from the ECU and you are all set.
That is a simple breakdown of the process, however be sure to follow all the instructions on the demo video and you will be golden.
sweet thanks my man
Old 06-03-2017, 06:28 PM
Advanced

I had J-pipe and K-Tuner as my only mods for quite some time, and even now only have a K&N drop-in and a modified airbox on top of the J-Pipe and I disagree. K-Tuner by itself changes the car's responsiveness and midrange enough to justify the cost. The j-pipe adds to that, albeit not that much. The slight change in exhaust tone + more midrange pep does make it a worthwhile, "easy" mod.

HFPC's for me next, after my new springs and shocks go on.
SoL_TeK (06-03-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 12:27 PM
Cruisin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
My car has a J-pipe and a cold air intake. I just booked myself in for a tune and a v2 KTuner. It is set for July 7.

I am excited to see how it goes!
Old 06-23-2017, 09:00 AM
Instructor

There's a rather long back order list on the V2 at the moment. Hope your V2 was already in stock somewhere.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:07 PM
Big Mo

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Has anyone modified their throttle control maps via the ktuner? I usually stick with the downloadable maps since I don't want to "F" anything up by just playing around. If so can you share please. I hate the lag in exceleration when I try to go for WOT. Also I wish there was a "Ktuner for dummies" or newbs site.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:30 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Big mo
Has anyone modified their throttle control maps via the ktuner? I usually stick with the downloadable maps since I don't want to "F" anything up by just playing around. If so can you share please. I hate the lag in exceleration when I try to go for WOT. Also I wish there was a "Ktuner for dummies" or newbs site.
The programmed tunes don't help with this issue?
Old 06-26-2017, 05:33 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Big mo
For myself and most of us we just went with a well know Tuner...
KarKraze (06-26-2017)
Old 06-28-2017, 12:11 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
saw an update to the software, any significant changes? anyone know?
Old 07-07-2017, 10:40 PM
Cruisin'

Well I got my tune today. I lost my job literally the day after I put ordered the v2 KTuner. The tune shop was awesome enough to cancel the order and do a custom tune for me without the v2, so I saved some needed cash and got a tune and flash anyways.

I got roughly 20whp gains. I have before and after dynos which I can post later when I am on my computer! I got mine done in Red Deer for any of you Alberta folks. Awesome shop and great people. I'm very happy that I went, car feels like it has more consistent pull now.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:57 PM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by blackkramer
Well I got my tune today. I lost my job literally the day after I put ordered the v2 KTuner. The tune shop was awesome enough to cancel the order and do a custom tune for me without the v2, so I saved some needed cash and got a tune and flash anyways.

I got roughly 20whp gains. I have before and after dynos which I can post later when I am on my computer! I got mine done in Red Deer for any of you Alberta folks. Awesome shop and great people. I'm very happy that I went, car feels like it has more consistent pull now.

What mods do you have other than ktuner?
Old 07-09-2017, 12:21 AM
Intermediate

what mods you have ?
Old 07-09-2017, 12:57 AM
Cruisin'

I have a jpipe and a short air intake.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
I have a jpipe and a short air intake.
20whp from just that is excellent.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:13 PM