AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   4G TL Performance Parts & Modifications (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-295/)
-   -   4g TL Cams?? (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-295/4g-tl-cams-979967/)

JDM-TSX6SPD 06-02-2019 09:15 PM

4g TL Cams??

Hey guys, Not having much luck finding performance cams and other head components. Maybe I’m not looking in the right place but can anyone point me in the right direction or have any ideas?
Thanks all in advance :)

justnspace 06-02-2019 09:19 PM

that's because perhaps only regrinds are available...from the company bisimoto. however, the lift of the lobe is limited by the diameter of the cam bearing...cant get really aggressive.
I believe there is a company that completely makes new cams for the J-Series, but i forgot who..

and instead of searching for 4G items, search for the engine...as the J-series engine will net more results in your search for more power.

Good luck

there isnt many performance head options... build it yourself...bore, port and polish.
Basic hot rodding 101

losiglow 06-04-2019 09:46 AM

I haven't heard of any plug and play cam upgrades for the 4G. There was some fiddling with the Type-S cams and Bisimoto stage cams with the 3G but it doesn't seem to be a common mod with the 4G.

csmeance 06-06-2019 01:28 AM

bisimoto does regrinds but other than that nothing off the shelf. You can always buy a set of spare cams and send them off! They offer upgraded valve spring stuff too

JDM-TSX6SPD 06-06-2019 09:16 AM

Thanks for all the feedback. I did check bisimoto and also Brian crowed but found nothing for j37 options. On bisimoto, their valve springs say for j30, j32, and j35. And the same goes for their regrinds on the cams. I did try just googling j37 cams or j37 valve train, but didn’t yield anything. Just wondered if anyone had upgraded internals for this. No worries tho 👍🏻 Thanks for the help 😊

csmeance 06-06-2019 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by JDM-TSX6SPD (Post 16435975)
Thanks for all the feedback. I did check bisimoto and also Brian crowed but found nothing for j37 options. On bisimoto, their valve springs say for j30, j32, and j35. And the same goes for their regrinds on the cams. I did try just googling j37 cams or j37 valve train, but didn’t yield anything. Just wondered if anyone had upgraded internals for this. No worries tho ���� Thanks for the help ��

You won't find much on the J37 because later iterations 2010+ MDX, facelift RL and 2009+ TL 3.7 had VTEC on both exhaust and intake side with 1 cam. I believe the 07-09 MDX did not have this so you can probably get a set and talk to bisimoto or crower or another company. You also might run into an issue putting the cams in, someone mentioned you need to create extra clearance with an aggressive cam so it can fit.

JDM-TSX6SPD 06-06-2019 07:26 PM

I see, wonder then what the max rpm the 2012 TL springs can hold and also the oil pump before it starts to bubble the oil? (cavitation I think it’s called)