When should you renew your Nav CD!!! My Take...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
When should you renew your Nav CD!!! My Take...

Hope everyone is well!!! 2010 TL SHAWD Tech has been SUPER, love this car and the style as well... This is how I read these NAV update CD...

In April of 2011 Acura released the all new 2012 TL.... If you look at the NavTec site and look at 2012 TL, they say that No Update Is Avalable... So that means the Nav CD is at least 14 months old... When NavTec has a UPGRADE for the 2012 TL, that would be a worthwhile investment for me. I have a 2010 TL, and upgrading my Nav data base after just 12 months seems not very productive, but after 2 Plus years I think it makes sense. They have specials going on right now for the upgrade by why get something that is only as recent as April of 2011!!! Hope this helps if you were contemplating an upgrade.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
On the topic of the special that they have right now, there was a previous thread that discussed this, and also the fact that the special ($99) was only for US customers, with Canadians paying regular price (and a higher regular price at that - $179). That thread was closed, as eazy started talking piracy. So don't anyone tell eazy about this thread, kay?

I phoned the navigation folks again, and spoken with a really helpful agent, that told me once again that the higher price for Canadian customers was due to the "extra disc" we get - the entire USA, and an extra that includes all of Canada. I pointed out that the website showed the same coverages for both the "American" and the "Canadian" disc, and further, that the "box contents" description was for one disc only.

He put me on hold, and went to research. When he came back, he told me that his supervisor confirmed that it is, indeed, the same disc, but that "they dont like customers to know this". He said that I had figured it out for myself, so it seems I can go ahead and order at the $99 price, but I have to have it shipped to the US (which doesn't work for me).

The lessons to be taken from this:
1. If you're Canadian, you're paying extra for nothing;
2. If you're American and visiting Canada, DON'T pay for the Canadian disc;
3. Even the nav telephone agents are purposely kept in the dark;
4. If you're Canadian and have an American address available to you, you can get the deal..watch the June 30 expiry.