Stock Amp specs

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 03:17 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock Amp specs

Does anyone know the specs of a 2011 acura tl tech package oem amp? I installed 1 12 inch pioneer so I can have some bass meanwhile I buy an amp for both of them, I disconnected the stock woofer and was wondering if the oem amp can handle the 12 inch
Old 12-17-2014, 10:03 PM
2009*TL^Sh-awd*Tech

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by FrankLotion
Does anyone know the specs of a 2011 acura tl tech package oem amp? I installed 1 12 inch pioneer so I can have some bass meanwhile I buy an amp for both of them, I disconnected the stock woofer and was wondering if the oem amp can handle the 12 inch
Its a 440-watt amp. in the tech ELS 4g TLs, and regarding if it should be enough for a 12' sub, it all depends on the sub itself. There are many types of subs, there are 8' subs that require more power than 15' subs out there. If you are looking to upgrade to a 12 I'm assuming the one you have chozen is more powerful, i would suggest waiting to get a separate class D amplifier for your subwoofer alone.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:27 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by MikeTL92
Its a 440-watt amp. in the tech ELS 4g TLs, and regarding if it should be enough for a 12' sub, it all depends on the sub itself. There are many types of subs, there are 8' subs that require more power than 15' subs out there. If you are looking to upgrade to a 12 I'm assuming the one you have chozen is more powerful, i would suggest waiting to get a separate class D amplifier for your subwoofer alone.
Thanks alot, I couldnt find any info on the stock amp. Btw would I have any power issues with the alternator if I plug in 2 12" on a class D amp? I was also planning on installing an epicenter. The subs are Pioneer Champion Series PRO TS-W3003D4
12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils. Thanks again
Old 12-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Thanks alot, I couldnt find any info on the stock amp. Btw would I have any power issues with the alternator if I plug in 2 12" on a class D amp? I was also planning on installing an epicenter. The subs are Pioneer Champion Series PRO TS-W3003D4
12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils. Thanks again
All depends on how big of an amp you're going to buy. Those subs could handle 1200 watts RMS power total together, IMO that's about the max amount of power I would try to draw from a stock electrical system. If you are going to buy a 1200 watt RMS class D amp I would recommend the "Big 3" upgrade to get the most out of your electrical system. Very simple procedure, just running three extra wires within your engine bay.

If you meant you're thinking about putting in a capacitor, don't, waste of money, they're for show and don't really contribute anything beneficial to your system.

I run two 12" Alpine type R's on about 850 Watts RMS and the car takes it like a champ.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:15 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by aleo12
All depends on how big of an amp you're going to buy. Those subs could handle 1200 watts RMS power total together, IMO that's about the max amount of power I would try to draw from a stock electrical system. If you are going to buy a 1200 watt RMS class D amp I would recommend the "Big 3" upgrade to get the most out of your electrical system. Very simple procedure, just running three extra wires within your engine bay.

If you meant you're thinking about putting in a capacitor, don't, waste of money, they're for show and don't really contribute anything beneficial to your system.

I run two 12" Alpine type R's on about 850 Watts RMS and the car takes it like a champ.
I did some thinking and I think im just going to run one 12" and I was wrong, they're not the "Pro" series they're just champion series so idk how much difference that makes. So now im looking for an amp that can handle the 12 inch alone. And by epicenter I meant like a sub woofer knob where I can adjust how much bass output I want out of the woofer. Will I still need the "big 3" with a set up like this? I really dont want to go through all that trouble.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:49 AM
Instructor

I did some thinking and I think im just going to run one 12" and I was wrong, they're not the "Pro" series they're just champion series so idk how much difference that makes. So now im looking for an amp that can handle the 12 inch alone. And by epicenter I meant like a sub woofer knob where I can adjust how much bass output I want out of the woofer. Will I still need the "big 3" with a set up like this? I really dont want to go through all that trouble.
Well if you're just running one sub you wouldn't need to do the big 3 upgrade since you would be only running around 600 watts RMS, although it's always recommended just to be safe but I wouldn't see it being a necessity with just one sub.

Ahh the bass know, they usually come packaged with the amp when you purchase it.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:40 PM
6th Gear

Well if you're just running one sub you wouldn't need to do the big 3 upgrade since you would be only running around 600 watts RMS, although it's always recommended just to be safe but I wouldn't see it being a necessity with just one sub.

Ahh the bass know, they usually come packaged with the amp when you purchase it.
Thanks a mill kind sir, im pretty new to the forum. I just got my 4 gen last year and its my first Acura so I highly appreciate the help im getting from a fellow Acura owner! And one last question, I just need to be guided on the right track with this subject; What amp and specs would you recommend for running a single sub set up? and I do want to push the sub with the sub woofer controller because the genre of music I listen to (Mexican music) doesnt pick the bass lows that well. Btw this is a link to the specs of my woofer http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-champion-series-12-single-voice-coil-4-ohm-subwoofer/8819444.p?id=1218906365754&skuId=8819444 thanks again for all your advice youve been great help man
Old 12-19-2014, 03:08 PM
Instructor

Do you already have these subwoofers? Its a little hard because its a single 4 ohm voice coil. Would need to find an amp that can push 400 watts at 4 ohms single channel (Could get a little expensive). It would be easier to put two of these woofers and bridge it down to 2 ohm's as it would be much easier to find an amp to work with it. But there are always options for whatever you need!!

A couple I found:

At bestbuy, monoblock would output 300 watts RMS 4 ohm to one subwoofer:

Kicker CX Series CX600.1 1200W Class D Mono Amplifier with Adjustable KickEQ Bass Boost 12CX6001 - Best Buy

At Audiosavings, monoblock outputs exactly 400 watts RMS at 4 ohm (perfect fit but more expensive):

Audio Savings | Kicker 40KX8001 KX800.1 KX 800 Watt RMS Mono Car Audio Class D Amplifier/Amp
Old 12-19-2014, 04:20 PM
6th Gear

Do you already have these subwoofers? Its a little hard because its a single 4 ohm voice coil. Would need to find an amp that can push 400 watts at 4 ohms single channel (Could get a little expensive). It would be easier to put two of these woofers and bridge it down to 2 ohm's as it would be much easier to find an amp to work with it. But there are always options for whatever you need!!

A couple I found:

At bestbuy, monoblock would output 300 watts RMS 4 ohm to one subwoofer:

Kicker CX Series CX600.1 1200W Class D Mono Amplifier with Adjustable KickEQ Bass Boost 12CX6001 - Best Buy

At Audiosavings, monoblock outputs exactly 400 watts RMS at 4 ohm (perfect fit but more expensive):

Audio Savings | Kicker 40KX8001 KX800.1 KX 800 Watt RMS Mono Car Audio Class D Amplifier/Amp
yeah I bought both from a friend with box for $170. so the kicker one from best buy would be risky? And what would be a good amp to bridge both subs? See all of this is confusing lol I will probably just buy the amp and take the tl to an audio shop so they can fo the "big 3"
Old 12-19-2014, 04:59 PM
Instructor

yeah I bought both from a friend with box for $170. so the kicker one from best buy would be risky? And what would be a good amp to bridge both subs? See all of this is confusing lol I will probably just buy the amp and take the tl to an audio shop so they can fo the "big 3"
The kicker would work fine, just 100 watts less power than the one from audio savings. not risky at all just wont be as loud as the one from audio savings. A good amp for both subs should contain the specs of around 800 Watts RMS monoblock class D at 2 ohm's.

This one would work perfect for the two subs you own:

Rockford Fosgate R12001D - Best Buy
Old 12-20-2014, 10:41 AM
6th Gear

The kicker would work fine, just 100 watts less power than the one from audio savings. not risky at all just wont be as loud as the one from audio savings. A good amp for both subs should contain the specs of around 800 Watts RMS monoblock class D at 2 ohm's.

This one would work perfect for the two subs you own:

Rockford Fosgate R12001D - Best Buy
Alright I think I got all the info I need, thanks for your help man