Question for Navtool Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018 | 10:08 AM
Cruisin'

Question for Navtool Owners

How do you route the AUX cable into the center console?
Old 06-04-2018 | 12:29 PM
Pro

You can drill a tiny hole at the bottom of the center console arm-rest area and route the cable through there. At first I just fed it up from the hand-brake area and routed into the arm-rest but decided that having an extra wire was a little more ugly so just drilled a hole inthe bottom of the arm-rest and fed the wire in.
Old 06-29-2018 | 10:18 PM
Cruisin'

Not sure if anyone cares but I figured out a way to connect the NavTool to the AUX connector without drilling any holes. I've attached an image of the car's 24 pin stereo harness. Basically you splice the positive wire of the left RCA cable to the red wire of pin 1. Splice the negative wire to the black wire of pin 2. Splice the positive wire of the right RCA cable to the white wire of pin 13. Splice the negative wire to the black wire of pin 2. Plug the RCA terminals into the NavTool inputs. Then insert any 3.5 mm jack (just the jack with no wire attached to it) into the AUX connector. You should now be able to hear audio through the AUX connection without having to drill holes and run cables into the center console storage area.
Old 07-16-2018 | 09:38 AM
6th Gear

Issues with the car after NavTool installation

Do you folks have any issues with NavTool since you installed it with any of the car tools (key fob or TPMS errors or other)?

I have 2015 TLX and bought the NavTool with the first release for TLX. Once I installed I have issues to unlock/lock the car from distance also the hand unlocking doesn't work all the time and the key has to be in my hand to unlock it. Then I relocated the NavTool device and then I start getting error message for TPMS that TPMS doesn't work (cannot read any of the sensors - it shows "--" for each tire), once I turn off the car and start again the error disappear . If I turn off the NavTool (leaving only the video cable for the upper screen) everything work just fine - the key fobs unlocking from distance and hand unlocking is just working as should be no TPMS errors at all.

By the time I realize all these issues are from NavTool I replaced several times the fob batteries ask Acura dealership for the key fob issues (of course they didn't find any issues).
Old 07-18-2018 | 12:28 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by vesko.g
Do you folks have any issues with NavTool since you installed it with any of the car tools (key fob or TPMS errors or other)?

I have 2015 TLX and bought the NavTool with the first release for TLX. Once I installed I have issues to unlock/lock the car from distance also the hand unlocking doesn't work all the time and the key has to be in my hand to unlock it. Then I relocated the NavTool device and then I start getting error message for TPMS that TPMS doesn't work (cannot read any of the sensors - it shows "--" for each tire), once I turn off the car and start again the error disappear . If I turn off the NavTool (leaving only the video cable for the upper screen) everything work just fine - the key fobs unlocking from distance and hand unlocking is just working as should be no TPMS errors at all.

By the time I realize all these issues are from NavTool I replaced several times the fob batteries ask Acura dealership for the key fob issues (of course they didn't find any issues).
I haven't had any of the problems you mention with my NavTool. After splicing the power and ground/parking brake wires, it was just plug and play (except for my AUX hack described above which is optional). Are you sure you have everything wired correctly? NavTool tech support is usually pretty good with helping me troubleshoot issues.
Old 07-30-2018 | 01:33 AM
Cruisin'

FYI, after playing with this setup for awhile, I'd advise against it. While it makes for a cleaner look, the volume output is way too low and requires the AUX volume to be turned almost to the max to be listenable. While a fun experiment, I'll stick with routing a plain old AUX cable into the center console.
Old 10-26-2018 | 04:11 PM
Instructor

Hey guys I had a question. I am on the fence between a 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Advance and a 2017 Audi A4 Premium after my 2004 Acura TL transmission died with 243,000 miles (it had a good run). I want Android Auto, and it is standard on the Audi (just no touchscreen, everythign is controlled through the infotainment knob) and wanted to know if the navtool setup allows you to use the steering wheel controls at all, or at least the talk button to summon google voice on the TLX, or if i'd be stuck shouting "ok google" to get my phone to respond instead of through the car audio system. I'm leaning towards the TLX due to ventilated seats and remote start, but i use google maps all the time, and rarely used my TL navigation. If i went with the Audio A4, i wouldn't have ventilated seats, but I can get remote start installed and android auto is standard (and gas mileage is better on A4 and the car is a bit quicker than the TLX). I saw there was a new video on youtube with Navtool 5.0 installed on an Acura MDX which showed Android Auto is now able to be controlled with the big circular dial/knob.....are previous versions controlled this way also? Sorry for the lengthy post, but I need to figure out if Navtools is worth the hassle.