Problem with Music Search by Artist

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 02:30 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with Music Search by Artist

I have an 09 TL w/Nav. When I download more than one CD title by the same artist, and I do a Music Search by Artist of the music I've downloaded to the hard drive, it only directs me to ONE of the titles.

E.g., I downloaded a lot of Rickie Lee Jones. The first one was a 3 disc set, "The Duchess of Coolville".
I then downloaded about 4 other different CD's by her.

If I do a Music Search by Album, each of the albums are listed.

But I don't recall the album names for many of the artists for whom I've downloaded multiple titles, so I do the Music Search by Artist.

It only has ONE listing for Rickie Lee Jones. If I select it, it takes me to "The Duchess of Coolville" and all of the songs from the 3 disc set.

But it doesn't list all of the other CD's by her which I've downloaded.

The manual covers Music Search by Artist on p. 326. There is no mention of this problem.

Has anyone else experienced this?

If you have an '09 TL w/Nav and you have downloaded more than one title by a particular artist, I'd be grateful if you would do a Music Search by Artist, and let me know if you have the same issue.

Any idea where I go for an explanation/solution/fix?

I plan to ask the 2 Acura dealers in town, but when I was last at one of them and asked a question about the sound system, the service rep knew less than I did and suggested he'd ask one of the salesmen. A salesman won't know anything about this or how to remedy this unless he owns an 09 TL and encountered the same situation.

I also plan to call the phone number listed as Contact on myacura.com, but would be surprised if a phone rep can help with this.

Any idea where I go for an explanation/solution/fix?
It seems it would take an Acura sound system engineer to be able to provide further info (unless any of you can).