phone not connected

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phone not connected

this second time this happened to me. When trying to dial, though voice or speed dial, the screen says that the phone is not connected, but the bluetooth icon displays with the signal strength on console display and the phone says its connected too. I turned off bluetooth on the phone, and turned it back on and the console says that it is connected but not on the screen.

I have a blackberry curve, anyone else run into this. It was too cold today, to turn off the car and turn back the car to test it out again.

Not sure if I can reproduce the problem, but the only thing which comes to mind, is that I did not accept the agreement screen, and it fell to wallpaper while driving. Than I came out of the wallpaper and accepted the agreement.

I will test again later on.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Pro

Check here to see level of compatibility:

http://www.handsfreelink.com/handsfree_gateway.tml

The only fully compatible cell phone (at least for Verizon Wireless customers) is the LG VX8350.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Advanced

may have not explained this right, but the curve is working fine on the HFL.

Twice the car tech screen said no phone connected, but the car display console has the bluetooth icon on and battery meter displayed. The phone itself says its connected th HFL.

Blackberry is compatible. Does everything right on the TL09, no issues.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Advanced

darn, did all the tests but cannot reproduce the problem.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by igowest
may have not explained this right, but the curve is working fine on the HFL.

Twice the car tech screen said no phone connected, but the car display console has the bluetooth icon on and battery meter displayed. The phone itself says its connected th HFL.

Blackberry is compatible. Does everything right on the TL09, no issues.
I am having similar issues with ATT phones - Nokia N75 (on the "approved" list) and the Motorola V9x (not on list). After multiple long discussions with reps at Acura, HFL, Nokia, Motorola and ATT, I conclude that the software in certain phones simply wont work with the 4g TL bluetooth, as of now. And thephone companies send software changes over-the-air so you may have a different version than someone else with the "Curve', so it working for 1 person doesnt guaranty it working for you. This is a mess, apparently aggravated by cell providers unwillingness to allow the manufacturers to provide direct access to phones to allow for quicker and more reliable fixes. I am now considering buying an "unlocked" cell phone to avoid this.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Advanced

ok

So here is what I found out so far. Get in the car, and do not accept the GPS agreement. After a certain amount of time after the wallpaper shows up, if you reach to make a call, it will give you the no phone connected on the screen, but on the dashboard and phone, it gives you the connection on.

Than you press the OK twice (1 for get out of wallpaper and 1 for agreement acceptance). Try the phone again....no go. After another time elapes than your phone is displayed on the screen.

Now the timeouts between, is what I do not know.

So that is it, you don't accept the agreement, after some time elapses the NAV says no phone avail.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Advanced

Are you saying that if you accept the agreement that it will work? Or that you should NOT accept the agreement? I don't really understand your comments.

Last edited by docray1; 12-12-2008 at 05:47 PM.