Noob Electrical Help (Bluetooth/Lights/Phone)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 05:27 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noob Electrical Help (Bluetooth/Lights/Phone)

Good Morning,
I took my 2010 TL Tech Pkg. in for service a month ago because my phone was not connecting to the HFL, the dealer told me that anytime i make a call from my phone that I will always have to transfer it over to the car. So, i'm trying to get use to that but understand from other posts that seems to be the way it works, but it never registers any of my calls outside the car, only those within. Is that normal or should it pull up my call history once i get inside my vehicle? Also it seem to not want to always connect to the Bluetooth, I'll be listening to music via Bluetooth and then the display will say "No Connect" I will plug it in through the iPhone cable and still do not get any sound. Any ideas what might be causing the issue? The dealer is stating its my phone, even know i have tried others and get the same thing. After picking it up, and taking it home I noticed that none of the light are working or beep when i lock the doors. I have gone through all the settings, and everything shows to be on, but am stumbled as to why they no longer work, and they where working when i took it in. Its going back in today, and I really don't want them to keep it for another month. Any ideas or others who may have had similar issues, your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:25 AM
The Original Shawdy

Received 421 Likes on 344 Posts
I haven't experienced any of these issues, but I can tell you, if things were working before you took your car in the first time and stopped once you got it back. I would be raising hell! Hopefully it's something quick and easy to fix. Don't let them hustle you into spending more money either.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
While not a full reply, I can confirm that:
a. The Call history is only the in-car history. In other words, if you dial out, or receive a call through HFL, then it will populate in your history. Dialing from the handset, even if you subsequently transfer to HFL, will not add to the Call History.
b. My HFL "routinely" (about once every other week, or so) just fails to connect to my phone. According to the Phone, it's connected to HFL, but the system suggests there's no phone around. It has done this first through my blackberry, and later through 2 different Androids (different manufacturers). It was not an issue of the phone.

Can't help you with the rest of that stuff.