No outgoing calls from HFL

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Question No outgoing calls from HFL

1. I have a Samsung Note 3 (great phone, if you ask), anyways my issue is that I can not make outgoing calls while my phone is locked (screen lock). Seems like I have to unlock my phone (use password on phone) to be able to make calls from HFL.

2. Another thing I find is that my HFL won't automatically use it's speakers for outgoing calls......I have to press the headset option on my phone....otherwise my calls are first routed through my phone. This is not a big deal just wondering if others have the same issue.

My other car with aftermarket radio didn't have the above issues.

My current car I'm referring to is a 2011 Acura TL w/Tech

Any clarification will be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
It is an issue with the phone. You have to update your settings for any bluetooth device to be able to use the phone when it is locked. You have to open your phone dialer app, hit the menu button on your phone to access the call settings, then find "call settings for accessory devices" or something like that. There should be an option on that page where you can change the phone settings to "allow calls from BT when ...blah blah blah". As far as the other issue goes, I think you can find a solution to that under call settings from your phone.
The following users liked this post:
Chef Ray (04-06-2014)
Old 04-06-2014, 12:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
WOW thanks that solved both issues
Old 04-07-2014, 07:14 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having the same problems with my iPhone 5s and the HFL speakers. Any fix for that? I tried looking through my settings but nothing was of help.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:11 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally figure this out guys. For '13 TL with Nav/Tech anyway:

In phone setup (under Cellular phone menu after pressing the phone button), there is an auto transfer setting (phone to auto transfer to HFL or "Hands Free Link"). Turn this on. Any BT/Siri prompt from the phone will auto play through the speakers. Hope this helps. Also as an added bonus, when you dial from your phone - it actually "automatically transfers". Who would have thought it was this easy?