Need help - '09 Base - Routing wire through dash (passenger side to driver side)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 02:14 AM
2013 TL SH-AWD Tech (BWP)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Need help - '09 Base - Routing wire through dash (passenger side to driver side)

Has anyone passed wire from one side of the dash to the other? There's so much packed behind it that I'm not able to find any type of passthrough for sending a speaker cable and power through. I've thought about taking the blower out under the glovebox to see what it's blocking, but since I can't fish anything through from the driver's side, I'm not wanting to go that far yet. I'm putting a 2ch amp under the passenger seat for the fronts (a Focal Solid 2 - it fits well), and would like to avoid anything being visible (ie crossing the center console) if at all possible. I'd also like to avoid putting it in the trunk, but if I have to I have to I guess, but until I can figure out how to tap into the pre lines to the factory amp, I don't really want to run 2 sets of speaker wires up and down the full length of each side. I've searched - worded tons of ways - but couldn't find anyone talking about this. Sure do miss cars of the 70's and 80's when doing this stuff...
Any assistance greatly appreciated. Spending literally hours just looking for places to do things and getting really tired of it. By the way, if you're routing power through the big grommet in the center of the firewall - don't pop it out unless you're really good with impossible-to-put-back grommets. Just spent 2 hours trying to get it back in and gave up. Just carefully cut an x hole in it next to the boot and fish it down. If anyone knows an easy way (or non-easy, or very difficult) to get that stupid thing back in, I will be forever in your debt. As it is now, I think I'm going to have to take it into the shop and pay someone to do it. It's flush with the firewall, but not sealed. I think it's similar to the door boots from the pics of those I've seen. But at least you don't break your back getting at those....
Sorry for the book.