View Poll Results: What feature would you like to see in your NavTool video interface
VGA INPUT
28.89%
DIGITAL TV TUNER WITH CONTROL VIA OEM BUTTONS
44.44%
iPhone/iPad/iPod AV INPUT WITH CONTROL FOR VIDEO (APPLE APPROVAL)
63.33%
USB MOUSE FOR PC - JOG WILL BE USED AS MOUSE
15.00%
COMPOSITE INPUT
18.33%
FRONT CAMERA
37.78%
DIRECT AUDIO INPUT VIA OEM AUX
21.11%
S-VIDEO INPUT
15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

NavTool Video Interface For 2009-2012 Acura TL Is Finally Here

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Which interface would be best for an ipod touch? Component or Composite? What are the pros and cons?

Also, I have an ipod touch that permanently resides in the car with all of my music - and soon all of my video content. Will I be able to use a splitter so that I can do video playback on the Navtool, but still uise the ipod interface through the car? I'm guessing I'll have to cable swap everytime I want to switch - or get a second ipod touch for just video.

Last edited by 714tman; 06-09-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 714tman
Which interface would be best for an ipod touch? Component or Composite? What are the pros and cons?

Also, I have an ipod touch that permanently resides in the car with all of my music - and soon all of my video content. Will I be able to use a splitter so that I can do video playback on the Navtool, but still uise the ipod interface through the car? I'm guessing I'll have to cable swap everytime I want to switch - or get a second ipod touch for just video.
Hi

component is much better as you get to see HD videos on HD screen, new honda and acura has the highest resolution screen available on the market today out of all makes and models

as i have told many of our customers if want to see the difference connect your HD cable box or hd dvd player, even ipod/iphone/ipad to you HD TV first via component cable and then by using composite rca jack, the difference is huge and can be seen right away

so guys whoever will be using navtool as composite interface to your HD screen , please don't expect a miracle
Old 06-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NavTool
Hi

component is much better as you get to see HD videos on HD screen, new honda and acura has the highest resolution screen available on the market today out of all makes and models

as i have told many of our customers if want to see the difference connect your HD cable box or hd dvd player, even ipod/iphone/ipad to you HD TV first via component cable and then by using composite rca jack, the difference is huge and can be seen right away

so guys whoever will be using navtool as composite interface to your HD screen , please don't expect a miracle
i have email in regard ordering the nav tool but havent gotten any reply can u email me some info on how to go about buying to phil0383@gmail.com
Old 06-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Same thing

Originally Posted by 01stang
i have email in regard ordering the nav tool but havent gotten any reply can u email me some info on how to go about buying to phil0383@gmail.com
I have the same thing a bit frustrating
Old 06-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by islandlife
I have the same thing a bit frustrating
Hi

Anyone who would like to purchase NavTool video interface please contact us by email sales@navtool.com, and we will reply with details

Thank You

Last edited by NavTool; 06-11-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Advanced

Hi

Anyone who would like to purchase NavTool video interface please contact us by email sales@navtool.com, and we will reply with details

Thank You
I got the email back but not instructions on how to make purchase Im standing by with payment whenever you can get me directions how to buy
Old 06-13-2012, 08:32 AM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trying to pay...

I got the email back but not instructions on how to make purchase Im standing by with payment whenever you can get me directions how to buy

Same here...
Old 06-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Instructor

me 2
Old 06-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts
Go ahead and buy from these guys if you want to wait a month and not get your purchase. Heres a little update to my previous post about how shitty their service is.

I contact them 6/4 they say my NavTool is going to ship sometime that week (They previously said it was going to ship ON 6/4)
I contact them 6/11 they say my NavTool is going to ship 6/12
I contact them 6/13 they say my NavTool is shipping today

NO NAVTOOL HAS NOT SHIPPED, they gave me a tracking number on 6/5 but UPS shows they have not received the package yet, trying to trick me into believing they are making progress but they just keep stringing you along.

Their excuse is they only use "genuine" connectors from Japan, but on their website they claim their product is "100% American"

If my product doesn't ship out this week I am asking for a refund Monday, I have been more than patient (its been a month and a half) and I know there are people that have been waiting for over two months. SEE HERE:

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/navtool-ordering-woes-859586/
Old 06-13-2012, 11:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

Thank You
Why won't you post the details here? After all the delays, it's the least you could do to earn back some trust, which I'm sure most of the users are skeptical of now...
Old 06-14-2012, 07:56 AM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
units will start shipping next week its 100% confirmed
I'm going to give NavTool a chance. They have given me dates that the interface would be available in the past that have come and gone, but this time they 100% confirmed that it would be shipped this week! Mine should be in the hands of UPS either today or tomorrow. I have been a bit impatient while waiting for the interface that is compatible with Apple devices, but they developed and interface for composite devices. Although the picture would clearly be better with the component interface for Apple devices, I have more devices that would make good use of the composite interface.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Hi

1. all customers who have order our old RGB interface were upgraded for free to a new version 2.0 and those interface started shipping yesterday, and will continue to ship back orders today and tomorrow

2. all new hard drive based navigation system interface will start shipping tomorrow and next week

Thank You
Old 06-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Cruisin'

Greetings Citizens,
Anyone know if there is still a "group buy" on the Navtool? Is there a "new ver." availiable as of 6-12?
Any responce would be very much appreciated!!
Have a Blessed Day!!
Dr. Who
Old 06-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dr. Who
Greetings Citizens,
Anyone know if there is still a "group buy" on the Navtool? Is there a "new ver." availiable as of 6-12?
Any responce would be very much appreciated!!
Have a Blessed Day!!
Dr. Who
Hi

Group buy is still on
Old 06-18-2012, 11:54 AM

Received 1,020 Likes on 792 Posts
damn.. if only you had that feature where it supports ipod/ipad/iphone + external dvd player or any other inputs.. i would buy this in a heart beat.. but sadly.. it only supports apple products.. not even tv tuner..

let me know when you have a all in one package..
Old 06-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by potmilkz
damn.. if only you had that feature where it supports ipod/ipad/iphone + external dvd player or any other inputs.. i would buy this in a heart beat.. but sadly.. it only supports apple products.. not even tv tuner..

at this time we only have either for component or composite video source, not for both
Old 06-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree! Need both in a single unit! Composite + component will make it MUCH more interesting.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Instructor

got my invoice and paid now looking forward on the unit sometime next week
Old 06-18-2012, 02:01 PM

Received 1,020 Likes on 792 Posts
got my invoice and paid now looking forward on the unit sometime next week

let us know how it turns out.. i want to see it from a consumers perspective if its actually worth getting..

i personally dont own any apple products.. so this would be kind of useless for me....
Old 06-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Instructor

let us know how it turns out.. i want to see it from a consumers perspective if its actually worth getting..

i personally dont own any apple products.. so this would be kind of useless for me....
def will do, im gotta get a sling hd as well so its sorta like a tv tuner....
Old 06-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Former Sponsor

wealso have a version with a regular composite input, so any device with yellow RCA jack can be used with our interface
Old 06-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Advanced

Thumbs down Disappointed

Well I must say that I'm pretty disappointed. Finally thought that i had my unit on the way. Its been paid for since monday and still no clue when it will be shipped. I have been told there was errors so they are trying to correct them but they have a working video since april and u would think that if it worked then it should be good to go. Then there was the excuse waiting for cases to house it i guess I'm wondering what will be next????? Still don't know when it will come. Has anyone received theirs? if so how does it work?
Old 06-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Well I must say that I'm pretty disappointed. Finally thought that i had my unit on the way. Its been paid for since monday and still no clue when it will be shipped. I have been told there was errors so they are trying to correct them but they have a working video since april and u would think that if it worked then it should be good to go. Then there was the excuse waiting for cases to house it i guess I'm wondering what will be next????? Still don't know when it will come. Has anyone received theirs? if so how does it work?
Hi our entire team is working this weekend to ship all units on Monday
The following users liked this post:
islandlife (06-23-2012)
Old 06-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Instructor

I paid mon as well email them about shipment haven't gotten a reply yet
Old 06-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Intermediate

that you were shipping them last year, oh i mean April...oh i mean last week,....oh it's Monday now...
Old 06-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Former Sponsor

all units are shipping out today overnight
Old 06-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Advanced

Finally

all units are shipping out today overnight
Thanks for shipping overnight will be looking forward to getting it tomorrow
Old 06-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Instructor

Got my tracking today as well, too bad I leave town for a week so it's gonna sit in the box till after the fourth, show some pic and install after island life will check this page while on vaca
Old 06-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Intermediate

not one member got there's yet? after overnight shipping??
Old 06-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cyberphox
not one member got there's yet? after overnight shipping??
islandlife was supposed to get his today
Old 06-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Advanced

Smile Got it

islandlife was supposed to get his today
Having it installed as I type
Old 06-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Having it installed as I type
enjoy it
Old 06-27-2012, 02:53 AM
Advanced

Small problem

enjoy it
Had unit installed once audio and video and USB where hooked up audio only came from left side. If u disconnect the video and USB audio came from both sides.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Had unit installed once audio and video and USB where hooked up audio only came from left side. If u disconnect the video and USB audio came from both sides.
Hi please contact us by email or phone, I'm sure it's something minor and we can help you fix it immideatly
Old 06-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Former Sponsor

just a small update form our tech department

audio from apple device goes into factory radio via AUX audio input , which has only left and right channel, than it comes out from head unit into amplifier

if after disconnecting usb and video jack audio starts to play on both left and right side it only means our harness is correct

99.9% its apple cable, usually those cables that plug in bottom of apple device have small plastic enclosure over it inside that enclosure is all wires small chip etc, many times lower end cables could short inside
Old 06-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Advanced

Fyi

just a small update form our tech department

audio from apple device goes into factory radio via AUX audio input , which has only left and right channel, than it comes out from head unit into amplifier

if after disconnecting usb and video jack audio starts to play on both left and right side it only means our harness is correct

99.9% its apple cable, usually those cables that plug in bottom of apple device have small plastic enclosure over it inside that enclosure is all wires small chip etc, many times lower end cables could short inside
First off i have the apple cable and i did trouble shoot that by getting a second one ensuring it was the cable. After that we installed RCA plugs outside of your unit bypassing it using your output wires to head unit and it solved the problem so it is the unit granted it might be a problem with the unit i was sent needless to say we were able to have video, USB, and audio by bypassing the audio into your unit and using the wires leaving the box before the head unit. Im just trying to help ensure that I'm the only one that had to modify it to work
Old 06-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Former Sponsor

First off i have the apple cable and i did trouble shoot that by getting a second one ensuring it was the cable. After that we installed RCA plugs outside of your unit bypassing it using your output wires to head unit and it solved the problem so it is the unit granted it might be a problem with the unit i was sent needless to say we were able to have video, USB, and audio by bypassing the audio into your unit and using the wires leaving the box before the head unit. Im just trying to help ensure that I'm the only one that had to modify it to work
Hi

Thank you islandlife for your input, we have found and eliminated this issue,

so islandlife was getting beautiful video picture and usb charging , he just wasn't getting left audio only right side

so we were able to find a cause of this issue and eliminate it

island life please let us know how you like our interface video quality
Old 06-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Advanced

First Impression

Hi

Thank you islandlife for your input, we have found and eliminated this issue,

so islandlife was getting beautiful video picture and usb charging , he just wasn't getting left audio only right side

so we were able to find a cause of this issue and eliminate it

island life please let us know how you like our interface video quality
The video picture is great. It works as advertised by holding the cancel button for about 3 Secs. It was a long wait but well worth it in the end.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Instructor

Island can u pm me the details on by passing the nav tool audio I'm gonna install it on the 4 th would like to be prepared
Old 06-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Island can u pm me the details on by passing the nav tool audio I'm gonna install it on the 4 th would like to be prepared
hi since you already have a harness please email us so we can tell you what to do , you will not have to do the entire procedure that island life has done

Quick Reply: NavTool Video Interface For 2009-2012 Acura TL Is Finally Here