Navtool Audio Issue with AUX

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 09:57 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navtool Audio Issue with AUX

So I’ve got my Navtool installed and tested it by playing a YouTube video on my iPhone. It played perfectly. Video was beautiful and sound was great through the AUX connection.

But then I gave Netflix a try. Video looked great but there was no sound. Then I tried to play a movie on the TV app. Again video looked great but no audio. Tried YouTube again and both video and audio worked just fine. The only difference I could find is that when I play a video on YouTube, the video plays both on my phone screen and the car’s screen. But in the other apps, the video only plays on the car’s screen and not on the phone screen.

FYI bluetooth audio does work with video in all the apps I mentioned but the audio delay with respect to the video, makes it painful to watch.

Does anyone one else have this issue and/or know how to fix it?
Old 10-02-2022, 05:22 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Video and no audio fix

Originally Posted by EnsignRicki
So I’ve got my Navtool installed and tested it by playing a YouTube video on my iPhone. It played perfectly. Video was beautiful and sound was great through the AUX connection.

But then I gave Netflix a try. Video looked great but there was no sound. Then I tried to play a movie on the TV app. Again video looked great but no audio. Tried YouTube again and both video and audio worked just fine. The only difference I could find is that when I play a video on YouTube, the video plays both on my phone screen and the car’s screen. But in the other apps, the video only plays on the car’s screen and not on the phone screen.

FYI bluetooth audio does work with video in all the apps I mentioned but the audio delay with respect to the video, makes it painful to watch.

Does anyone one else have this issue and/or know how to fix it?
Hey I had the same issue. When I did wireless android auto setup I renamed the Bluetooth name cx_ what ever to "android auto". So I knew what it was. Well by doing so it didn't recognize it or something so it connected to that and another one in my wifi with the cx_ name. So I was getting pissed and got zero help from navtool so I thought hell with it and deleted em out of Bluetooth and wifi and then thought I'll disable the wireless android in the android auto app and connect just through wireless hdmi module and see what happens. Well I had video and audio. So when I went to mirror using hdmi I disable wireless android. Now I leave it enabled. So in short I think me renaming that Bluetooth name had conflict. Works good now.