AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   4G TL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-294/)
-   -   Navigation Hack (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-294/navigation-hack-780364/)

09TLTechTX 06-17-2010 09:56 AM

Navigation Hack

Sorry for the noob question. I have looked around already and can only find the info on the AVElectronics Mod. I am looking for a DIY for the navigation that will allow me to input addresses, etc while the vehicle is in motion. I have done this mod on my previous vehicles, Lexus, Infiniti, does anything like this exist for the TL/Acura?

I have a 2009 TL Tech.

Thanks

Huskr84 06-17-2010 11:35 AM

The system already allows you to input addresses while in motion -- I do it all the time...

09TLTechTX 06-17-2010 11:47 AM

I tried to do several things last night on the way home from dinner and kept getting a message about not being able to do that operation while the vehicle was in motion. Example was trying to sync my Bluetooth phone and got the message. I had a 2003 Honda with Navigation and remember being able to have full control, but didnt know if the navi's have changed since then and I have had to "hack" my Lexus and Infiniti do gain operation of things while vehicle is in motion.

Pete2010 06-17-2010 12:49 PM

It's only adding bluetooth phone numbers and syncing your address book while in motion. Doing anything else can be done while in motion.

MurkyRiversTL 06-18-2010 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by 09TLTechTX (Post 12103892)
I tried to do several things last night on the way home from dinner and kept getting a message about not being able to do that operation while the vehicle was in motion. Example was trying to sync my Bluetooth phone and got the message. I had a 2003 Honda with Navigation and remember being able to have full control, but didnt know if the navi's have changed since then and I have had to "hack" my Lexus and Infiniti do gain operation of things while vehicle is in motion.

2003 Honda Accords with Navi didnt have bluetooth, I have one. And not being able to add a new phone while driving is a good thing. Last thing you need is to try to setup your phone while driving then crash into a wall...... or car.

The only thing I dont like is not being able to view my wallpaper while driving. Sometimes I dont like to have that Navi screen up and would rather view the wallpaper but unless you do it before you drive it cant be done.

NOX 3.2 06-18-2010 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by MurkyRiversTL (Post 12106415)
2003 Honda Accords with Navi didnt have bluetooth, I have one. And not being able to add a new phone while driving is a good thing. Last thing you need is to try to setup your phone while driving then crash into a wall...... or car.

The only thing I dont like is not being able to view my wallpaper while driving. Sometimes I dont like to have that Navi screen up and would rather view the wallpaper but unless you do it before you drive it cant be done.

if you setup your wallpaper before driving,
the next time you start your car, don't press anything on the nav
and it will bring your wallpaper up while you are driving!

it's the default screen if you don't touch anything.

MurkyRiversTL 06-18-2010 10:56 PM

I knew that, but what if I wanted to check the weather then go back to the wallpaper.....it won't let me. Not that big of a deal, just something I would like to be able to do.

Djmatajr 01-18-2017 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by 09TLTechTX (Post 12103892)

to sure how it was done but in my 2010 shawd w/tech I can do anything and everything while driving I bought it like that have no idea what they did or how but it a possibility

Blaze9 01-19-2017 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by MurkyRiversTL (Post 12108408)
I knew that, but what if I wanted to check the weather then go back to the wallpaper.....it won't let me. Not that big of a deal, just something I would like to be able to do.

Yes it will. There's an option to go back to the wallpaper somewhere, I've done it before. Don't know off the top of my head where it lies though.

TheMuffinMan 01-24-2017 06:54 PM

Definitely needed to bump a 7 year old thread for this information.

joemcfarnham 03-22-2017 12:38 AM

I am actually very curious on how to do this. It drives me nuts that i can upload a new picture and select it while driving, but simply cant set the pic on?

HELP?

mrphilipanderson 09-25-2018 03:49 PM

BUMP. So i am to understand theres NO ONE OUT THERE that has figured out how to hack the NAV on the 4g TLs????

Blaze9 10-14-2018 12:27 AM

What are you looking to do? Hack is such a strong and "wrong" word. Take a look at NavTool, it may be something of interest.

mrphilipanderson 07-29-2019 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Blaze9 (Post 16312801)
What are you looking to do? Hack is such a strong and "wrong" word. Take a look at NavTool, it may be something of interest.

Make my OWN splash Screen
Be able to Hot key a SHOW WALLPAPER button

jessemagana 08-05-2019 01:59 PM

If you have the tech package, it has a hard drive that will allow you to store pictures and use it for your wallpaper. I have done this on my 2009.

mrphilipanderson 08-05-2019 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by jessemagana (Post 16462734)
If you have the tech package, it has a hard drive that will allow you to store pictures and use it for your wallpaper. I have done this on my 2009.

Mine is the Davnaced package. It has the hard drive. but I cant figure out where to even start to hack

jessemagana 08-06-2019 07:34 AM

It is not a hack. It is a feature built into the system. I do not know the exact sequence from memory but you store the pictures in a thumb drive and upload them to your car. Look through the menu on the radio and it gives an option to upload images. Then it gives you an option to select wallpaper. I haven't done it in a while so I am not sure exactly the sequence.