Nav Tools or nah?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 08:22 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nav Tools or nah?

So been debating on wether or not to aqquire this Nav tools for my navivagion to give it Much added function. first i thought maybe getting a after market 2din or single and leaving nav untouched. but after some research and debating with my self i feel that that would kinda ruin the TL dash look and would look awkward (assuming).

a buddy of mine mentioned this Nav Tools kit that would allow to transform your current nav screen and system to a upgraded after market style screen with added functions. the Cost would be that of a similar after market 2 din head unit so price is not really an issue (kinda is not exactly cheap).

has any one here installed a nav tools into there TL's? and would like to share the added functionally possibly give me a review on the Pro and cons of the system?
Old 06-01-2016, 09:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
nav tool ripped off a bunch of folks here and on the corvette forums and were banned. Currently being investigated for mail fraud and wire fraud too.

I've used TVANDNAV2GO since 2007 in my 3G TL without an issue and love it. Mirror my iphone onto the screen and audio connected via the radio AUX input.

The factory HU is pretty decent, it's the shit speakers and amp that degrade the quality of the music.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Cruisin'

yea i plann on installing aftermarket amps and speakers with time as well but i wanted to take advantage of the nice nav screen. ill give that tv and nav to go a look see whats sup with it. any details on the whole fraus case?
Old 06-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,743 Likes on 6,745 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
nav tool ripped off a bunch of folks here and on the corvette forums and were banned. Currently being investigated for mail fraud and wire fraud too.

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-...ervice-944369/
The following users liked this post:
TheMuffinMan (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 07:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 159 Posts
Holy shit that's incredible customer service... glad I didn't buy one.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:46 AM
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
My Experience so far has been pretty good. I just ordered the navtool. My sales rep (I think it's only a few people honestly) was terrible. He argued with me, but in the end I ended up getting a 3.0 for 285 inc. shipping. I got it and it seemed like it was DOA, but I called tech support and the guy I spoke with then quickly knew exactly what was wrong and told me to open up the unit and flip a switch on the actual circuit board. Once I did that the unit was working perfectly.

However right now I'm trying to figure out how to fit the tool in my car. It just doesn't fit. I think when they updated to the 3.0 they changed the size because I simply can not have it fit behind my head unit. Trying all different things to get it working. If anyone here has pointers, please help!!
Old 06-05-2016, 01:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
Holy shit that's incredible customer service... glad I didn't buy one.
You and me both brotha
Old 06-05-2016, 02:12 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by thoiboi
You and me both brotha
I'm not trying to shill or advertise for them, I just want to give you my own personal experience. It seems like the sales team (maybe the navtool.com user here may be the same person) are total assholes. Here was my conversation with them:

Me: Yes I sent in my CC auth form.
Him: I didn't get it.
Me: I got a confirmation that It was sent. can you check again
Him: It doesn't send to me some times, I need you to fill it out again.
Me: But I already authorized one payment to you. I don't want to authorize another payment.
Him: Do you want the tool. You need to send another authorization.

At this point I raised my voice, telling him that I have a confirmation e-mail that you (navtool) recieved my auth, and you (again, navtool) need to check your system again becuase until you cancel my previous auth, I'm not sending you another auth. So he puts me on hold and asks for the last 4 of my card, which I give to him.

He comes back within 30sec-1min and says yes we found your auth, we're gonna ship it out to you by today. I asked him to send me the tracking when they ship it out and he said yes and hung up. Didn't ask me if I had any more questions or not, just hung up.

The buying experience was terrible, I absolutly agree. But after that they have been pretty good with me. I had trouble getting my input to work properly, so I called them up. I spoke with the techsupport agent and told him my issue, and he told me that they test the units before sending them out so it shouldn't be DOA, but he said that there might be a switch that wasn't switched properly for your model. So he told me to open up the module and find the switch and place it in the correct position and it'll work. After doing that it worked just as expected.

Now I have to call him back regarding the placement of the damn unit. I can not for the life of me fit it behind my stock head unit like they do in the video. =(
Old 06-05-2016, 09:04 AM
Senior Moderator

That's your definition of "pretty good"?!

Either I have some high ass expectations as to how a company should be run or.....
Old 06-05-2016, 09:30 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by thoiboi
That's your definition of "pretty good"?!

Either I have some high ass expectations as to how a company should be run or.....
Yeah, the support they offered was pretty good. The initial sales was terrible. I stated that clearly in both my previous messages.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Just me then

Old 06-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Cruisin'

wow im so shocked in light of all this. just wow incredible. im glad i asked the question. as far as size i guess i should evaluate that, open my dash board up and see how much space im dealing with. thanks for all the information guys