LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 12:50 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LEDs

Hey guys I'm needing some advice on LEDs. I'm looking to purchase all the leds through either VLEDs but I'm having a hard time finding info on the forums. I know i know search the threads and I have for the past month but everything is dated 2+ years back.

Anyways, im in between getting 5000k and 6500k but I have yet to find some good pictures to see the difference.

Also if anyone else has other sites or links to different style switchbacks and drls that would be awesome! Trying to go for the stock headlight color or even a little more blue.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,575 Likes on 6,626 Posts
go with 5000K.

What's wrong with the 2+ year old threads? There's not much new information on LED's from a technological standpoint. THere's just newer revisions of LED bulbs.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:57 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I know :/ I just wanted to see some pictures and wasn't finding any good ones. Ever try IJDMtoy products?
Old 11-14-2017, 01:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,575 Likes on 6,626 Posts

stick with VLEDs
Old 11-15-2017, 08:48 PM
The inconvenient truth

Received 435 Likes on 321 Posts
Your options are to either go with vleds or surf around amazon/ebay and find some comparable products that are well sold and have good reviews. I got my switchback / fog / drl/high beam combo for about 1/3 of the price of what vleds would be. I love how they look and haven't had any problems with them. 5000k looks really good but I know when I'm looking at my low beams in person they without a doubt appear 6500 so if you want them all to match then that's what u need to get.

Last edited by dopeboy1; 11-15-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:45 PM
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by dopeboy1
Your options are to either go with vleds or surf around amazon/ebay and find some comparable products that are well sold and have good reviews. I got my switchback / fog / drl/high beam combo for about 1/3 of the price of what vleds would be. I love how they look and haven't had any problems with them. 5000k looks really good but I know when I'm looking at my low beams in person they without a doubt appear 6500 so if you want them all to match then that's what u need to get.
Exactly. I bought my LED switchbacks and my HID fogs from amazon for less than a third of the VLED/Morimoto price and they've been kicking strong since what, 2013? 2014ish?
Old 11-16-2017, 05:31 PM
The Original Shawdy

Received 421 Likes on 344 Posts
I stand by VLEDs when it comes to LED lighting upgrades. Best customer service that I have experienced as well and haven't had any issues either. I went with 6000k for all my bulb upgrades on the TL (DRLs, corners, switchbacks, reverse, door vanity etc.) but on the fogs I have the morimoto XB type S 5000k with yellow laminX. On my wife's 16 RDX I went with 5000k for all her lighting because they match the diamond LEDs better.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:28 PM
KCCO

Received 192 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by Msouza91
Hey guys I'm needing some advice on LEDs. I'm looking to purchase all the leds through either VLEDs but I'm having a hard time finding info on the forums. I know i know search the threads and I have for the past month but everything is dated 2+ years back.

Anyways, im in between getting 5000k and 6500k but I have yet to find some good pictures to see the difference.

Also if anyone else has other sites or links to different style switchbacks and drls that would be awesome! Trying to go for the stock headlight color or even a little more blue.
Stock headlight colour is 4300k. 5000k can look pretty close if you are trying to match the headlights, but by the time you get to 6500k, you are putting less light on the road.
Old 11-18-2017, 03:14 PM
The inconvenient truth

Stock headlight colour is 4300k. 5000k can look pretty close if you are trying to match the headlights, but by the time you get to 6500k, you are putting less light on the road.
Are you referring to the low beams? Im wondering if anyone can clarify this because I think I remember on another thread thoiboi linking a website that said the low beams are 4300. Does anyones low beams actually look 4300? Mine are certainly 6500 in person. Is it possible mine aren't stock? It seems possible since I bought it from an auction but unlikely as im the second owner and the first owner was a lease and the car came as far as I could tell, completely stock.

I stand by VLEDs when it comes to LED lighting upgrades. Best customer service that I have experienced as well and haven't had any issues either. I went with 6000k for all my bulb upgrades on the TL (DRLs, corners, switchbacks, reverse, door vanity etc.) but on the fogs I have the morimoto XB type S 5000k with yellow laminX. On my wife's 16 RDX I went with 5000k for all her lighting because they match the diamond LEDs better.
I'm also slightly curious how you have experienced their customer service if you haven't had any issues with them? One of the reviews on my LED drl/highbeams read "I bought these LEDs and had an error message on my dash, I contacted the seller and they said I need resisters to fix it. They immediately shipped me the resisters for free and it fixed it" So you don't have to have an expensive product to have good customer service.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:27 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Are you referring to the low beams? Im wondering if anyone can clarify this because I think I remember on another thread thoiboi linking a website that said the low beams are 4300. Does anyones low beams actually look 4300? Mine are certainly 6500 in person. Is it possible mine aren't stock? It seems possible since I bought it from an auction but unlikely as im the second owner and the first owner was a lease and the car came as far as I could tell, completely stock.
Yes, the factory HID low beams are 4300k. Phillips & OSRAM, whom make the factory low beam bulbs for the TL, advertise that the factory d2s bulbs are 4300K. However, I have a friend that had to have a low beam ballast replaced in his TL, and the Acura dealer only carried 5000-5500k bulbs. Acura says that if the ballast goes out, its likely the bulb will follow, so they replaced both bulbs to match. It's possible the person who leased the car before you ran into the same situation if you think they're truly higher kelvin than 4300s.

I finally upgraded my low beams to 6500k LEDs about two weeks ago and couldn't be happier. There's a lot of controversy over LEDs not being as good when it comes to being behind a projector lense, and I was skeptical when choosing LED bulbs, but I went after the bulbs that had the best and most reviews on Amazon. $60 for the pair and they came with CANBUS adapters, which is the first pair of LEDs that I've ever purchased with them as I've always installed resistors.

I know there's other threads out there that have pics for comparison, but here's my particular comparison:

Left - Factory HID ; Right - 6500k LED

If you're questioning the curve of the LED in the up-close pic(last one), just look at how level the LED is in the pic right above it...
I should've turned the house lights off before taking pics, but......

HTH anyone out there looking at LEDs for their low beams.

Last edited by mada51589; 11-20-2017 at 11:30 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mada51589:
dopeboy1 (11-20-2017), fryrice (11-22-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 07:17 PM
The inconvenient truth

Ah nice thanks. That explains that. Looks good those are what mine look like.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:18 PM
The Original Shawdy

Received 421 Likes on 344 Posts

I'm also slightly curious how you have experienced their customer service if you haven't had any issues with them? One of the reviews on my LED drl/highbeams read "I bought these LEDs and had an error message on my dash, I contacted the seller and they said I need resisters to fix it. They immediately shipped me the resisters for free and it fixed it" So you don't have to have an expensive product to have good customer service.
I have dealt with their customer service because sometimes the bulbs or parts I have needed have been on back order due to high demand. They shipped everything right away except the missing parts. Once they finished up with production, they contacted me to let me know they have been shipped out.

I also had had a friend that purchased the V3 Teton switchbacks, one of them lost the parking function but signs still worked. They shipped out a replacement right away and didn’t ask for the defected bulb to be returned (added cost). Arrived next day and solved the issue, no questions asked.

I eve inquired about a group buy for my car buddies and they honored a discount.

Last edited by carbonTSEX; 11-21-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:03 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by mada51589
I finally upgraded my low beams to 6500k LEDs about two weeks ago and couldn't be happier. There's a lot of controversy over LEDs not being as good when it comes to being behind a projector lense, and I was skeptical when choosing LED bulbs, but I went after the bulbs that had the best and most reviews on Amazon. $60 for the pair and they came with CANBUS adapters, which is the first pair of LEDs that I've ever purchased with them as I've always installed resistors.

I didn't know they make LED HID DS2 bulbs...I guess I will have to take a look at those instead of buying NightBreaks HID or something like.