Handbrake wire for Navtool 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017 | 06:10 PM
Cruisin'

Handbrake wire for Navtool 3.0

Hello all,

I am going to install my Navtool 3.0 on my 12 TL tech and needing help locating the needed hand brake wire before I start taking everything off. Did some research and nothing came up for our generation TL. Anyways...to install the Navtool, I need assistance with location the grey (maybe ground) wire that goes to the handbrake. Can anyone guide me toward a diagram or if someone can just tell me where the wire is located and where it runs through I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Old 04-15-2017 | 01:32 AM
Pro

Just ground the handbrake, no need to actually route it to the handbrake sensor or anything like that. You can attach it to the ground of your power and it'll be fine. Make sure before you close up the TL that the little switch inside the Navtool is set to the proper setting. Turn on the navtool w/ an input and see if anything pops up on your screen. If so then you're good to go, if not then you need to open up the navtool and flip the little rocker switch to the other setting.
Old 04-15-2017 | 07:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Handbrake ground is to make sure you don't watch tv while driving! You can connect it to the handbrake or jus ground it anywat to something.
Old 04-27-2017 | 10:05 PM
Cruisin'

The for the response guys. I did ground it to another ground besides the handbrake and it's working fine. Thanks again!