don't want voice for Nav but everything else !! :annoyed: can't figure it out

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 09:08 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool don't want voice for Nav but everything else !! :annoyed: can't figure it out

Hi All,

hopefully like everybody, after 3 days i am in love with my new 09 TL tech. I see that the HFL is a little different than my 05 TL tech. One thing i could do in my older 05 TL tech was just mute the audio for guidence announcements but still here audio feed back for my HFL and so on. I only find the Audio Off but it shuts all the feedback off.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Dean

09 TL tech BlK , rubber mats, trunck tray,
Old 03-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by deanooh
Hi All,

hopefully like everybody, after 3 days i am in love with my new 09 TL tech. I see that the HFL is a little different than my 05 TL tech. One thing i could do in my older 05 TL tech was just mute the audio for guidence announcements but still here audio feed back for my HFL and so on. I only find the Audio Off but it shuts all the feedback off.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Dean

09 TL tech BlK , rubber mats, trunck tray,
This is definitly high on my list to find a solution too. The other is automatic name recognition in my phone book so I don't have to set them all up. Sort of like what Sync offers.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by deanooh
Hi All,

hopefully like everybody, after 3 days i am in love with my new 09 TL tech. I see that the HFL is a little different than my 05 TL tech. ,
A l;ittle different? I find it very different and big step backward. I also hate that the old 3G Navi minimize voice prompts is lacking in the 4G. The 4G Navi nags way too much, makes me want ot hit the 'bitch" I want some voice prompts, but in the 3G it woudl tell you once as you were approaching tour next step, the 4G keeps nagging, very annoying.The switch of vendors for the NAv/HFL to me was bad move.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes it was Keith! Actually I don't care who the vendor is, Pioneer, Alpine, or Radio Shack, just give us back the HFL dialing when using the navigation!!! They got us looking down instead of keeping eyes on the road? I just don't get it? This is the biggest flaw in the tech package for me.

I'm not sure Dean. I like my setting right now. No voice prompts, but only when I use the Nav destination guide. I do know there's two areas that effect this voice prompt. I'll go down to the garage and find it.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay. Hit info button, select "setup", tab right, select 1)basic setting, vocal recognition feedback in on for me, and verbal reminder is off. That's just my prefs.

There's also more vox options in 2)Routing & guidance - street name - on for my pref. Hope this helps, if not, READ the manual.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by bmode
Yes it was Keith! Actually I don't care who the vendor is, Pioneer, Alpine, or Radio Shack, just give us back the HFL dialing when using the navigation!!! They got us looking down instead of keeping eyes on the road? I just don't get it? This is the biggest flaw in the tech package for me.

I'm not sure Dean. I like my setting right now. No voice prompts, but only when I use the Nav destination guide. I do know there's two areas that effect this voice prompt. I'll go down to the garage and find it.
I got a call last wek from Acura asking for my feedback now that I have had the car a while and really hammered them about the 4G HFL, I also got a survey via e-mail yesterday that asked about probelms and had a section if there were ONE thing I coudl change ont he car, and I went off on the HFL again. I actually consider it a problme, I noticed if I hit the PHONE button then hit the voice button right away it usually will not take it so quickly, I have to hit the voice button a seocnd time on a large percentage of the calls I make. Again the HFL is a huge let down on the 4G.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:41 PM
1st Gear

I have a similar question - my Navi (which has software/maps that must be 2 years old) tells me, "uncharted area ahead - please proceed with caution... blah blah blah". Is there a way to silence her? Thanks