Can you hear your stock front tweeters?

Old 04-19-2017, 09:08 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you hear your stock front tweeters?

As of today, I'm the proud new owner of my 3rd Acura. A 2009 TL W/tech. I've spent a while playing with the stereo controls, subscribing to XM, configuring etc. I have to say, for stock, I'm pretty impressed with the stereo, however, while the overall power, clarity and precision is good, I have a very hard time ever noticing the tweeters and the stereo image is not very strong. No matter what I do, I feel like they are not working, or, just very least, need to be adjusted (increase the gain?.)

I'm curious as to what your experiences and opinions are. I'm willing to upgrade some of the speakers including the tweeters if needed and if there will be an obvious gain in performance but I just need to hear form someone other than the Crutchfield salesman telling me I should.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:37 PM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts
Do you typically listen with the Dolby Pro Logic on or off? I feel like the Pro Logic tries to create so much separation unless you're listening to DVD-Audio format it won't sound very full and only in rare situations would you be able to appreciate the imaging in the tweeters (further filtering the frequencies). I generally prefer the increased volume with it off even if it's a little more muddled. With that I don't have any replacement suggestions.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:27 AM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigdogs
As of today, I'm the proud new owner of my 3rd Acura. A 2009 TL W/tech. I've spent a while playing with the stereo controls, subscribing to XM, configuring etc. I have to say, for stock, I'm pretty impressed with the stereo, however, while the overall power, clarity and precision is good, I have a very hard time ever noticing the tweeters and the stereo image is not very strong. No matter what I do, I feel like they are not working, or, just very least, need to be adjusted (increase the gain?.)

I'm curious as to what your experiences and opinions are. I'm willing to upgrade some of the speakers including the tweeters if needed and if there will be an obvious gain in performance but I just need to hear form someone other than the Crutchfield salesman telling me I should.
I think you are noticing the imaging that suffers from a center channel and simply replacing speakers will not change the sonic properties as the system is EQ'd to match the stock speaker configuration. The stock configuration which includes the center channel is similar to a home theater setup and is best for media content (movies and games). IF you seek true musical audio imaging then I recommend that you look at overhauling the entire front stage (no center channel) to achieve the sonic characteristics you're looking for... There should a few good threads out there from people that have gone this route.

Last edited by Bchester6; 05-03-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Search this Thread