Can u watch movies?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 12:06 PM
RJ1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Can u watch movies?

Can u watch movies in the NAVI screen for the 09 tl, like infiniti cars can ?
Old 05-31-2009, 12:20 PM
I feel strongly both ways

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Nope.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:20 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by psychdoc
nope.
+1.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:59 PM
Yea, It's Me!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
+2 - I've never had the need to watch video/DVD in the car while behind the wheel.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:05 PM
My beer fridge is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i have a living room for that
Old 06-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Laptops are optional...

Name:  WallEbackseat2.jpg
Views: 2681
Size:  49.8 KB
Old 06-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Navtool is now plug and play

The navtool is now plug and play im gonna get mine soon.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:33 AM
I am a bullet proof tiger

Originally Posted by islandlife
The navtool is now plug and play im gonna get mine soon.
Where are you finding this at? Their website has always said "plug and play", but they use the same standard text for all versions of their product. This link, which is the acurazine group-buy still lists it as hardwired only.

https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/welcome-navigation-video-interface-acurazine-forum-group-buy-731137/
Old 06-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry About that Thanks for the correction

Originally Posted by buckvegas
Where are you finding this at? Their website has always said "plug and play", but they use the same standard text for all versions of their product. This link, which is the acurazine group-buy still lists it as hardwired only.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731137
My Bad Im glad you said something. Wonder how long it will be before they have it plug and play?
Old 06-19-2009, 11:41 AM
I am a bullet proof tiger

Originally Posted by islandlife
My Bad Im glad you said something. Wonder how long it will be before they have it plug and play?
I pm'd the vendor and asked. No response as of yet, I would like to do this mod as well, however want nothing to do with the hardwired version.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Me too, I'm not much looking forward to pulling apart the dash either.

But imagine video display on our screen... would be pretty nice.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:14 PM
My beer fridge is in

pulling apart the dash scares me with all the electronics back there, and i'm an electrical engineer!
Old 07-14-2009, 07:47 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Movie Nav watch :-)

lmao Venom...that was funny.

Hey...Ive been looking through this site to try and find a hack for the navi but can not find anything for the 2009 TL.

Has anyone on here seen a posting for this? I just got my TL last week and I love it but I really want to watch movies on my screen.

thanks in advance for all your help
Old 07-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tokentime
lmao Venom...that was funny.

Hey...Ive been looking through this site to try and find a hack for the navi but can not find anything for the 2009 TL.

Has anyone on here seen a posting for this? I just got my TL last week and I love it but I really want to watch movies on my screen.

thanks in advance for all your help
As someone who may be driving next to you someday, I really hope you never find a way to make it work.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Pro

Wow, talk about irresponsibility... Don't mean to flame but remember there are people around you who would like to get home safely...

This is a car not an entertaining center or a theater...

I mean, watching a movie while driving is illegal around here, I'm pretty sure it is in the US as well...
Old 07-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Racer

It would be pretty cool to watch tv in my car since I spend a lot of time sitting in
the car waiting for people. Occasionally, I can watch a DVD with someone from the
back seat.. one thing leads to another.. drive her home... and no strings attached.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Eli
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The problem is all cars that support this only work while the vehicle is parked because its illegal to have a video playing in view of the driver in a moving vehicle. And then sometimes there is also the condition that the engine has to be running out of concern for discharging the battery. I've always been amazed that anyone uses these features since sitting in a parked car burning gas to watch a movie never made sense to me.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:04 AM
Pro

the problem is all cars that support this only work while the vehicle is parked because its illegal to have a video playing in view of the driver in a moving vehicle. And then sometimes there is also the condition that the engine has to be running out of concern for discharging the battery. I've always been amazed that anyone uses these features since sitting in a parked car burning gas to watch a movie never made sense to me.
+1
Old 08-03-2009, 11:12 AM
10th Gear

Agreed with everyone on here that is putting safety as a priority here. I understand the "neato" factor to have the ability to watch movies through the navigation screen, however the reality from my experience of installing car audio is that the novelty quickly wears off and the need of dvd on your navigation is "zilch". With that said, please exercise responsiblity and if a video monitor is a requirment for your car, please limit it to the back seat.

Safe travels...
Old 08-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Eli
The problem is all cars that support this only work while the vehicle is parked because its illegal to have a video playing in view of the driver in a moving vehicle. And then sometimes there is also the condition that the engine has to be running out of concern for discharging the battery. I've always been amazed that anyone uses these features since sitting in a parked car burning gas to watch a movie never made sense to me.
Oem or aftermarket there are workarounds. My panasonic CQ-Vad6300U flip out in my 04 accord was designed to not work while the car was in drive and a bypass was very easy to setup and it came right from the installer with the matrix playing.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Racer

Rather than watching movies while driving, I'd prefer the driver do something less dangerous like text message with both hands while holding another phone to his ear with his feet.

By the way, it's my understanding that if a police officer sees evidence of this in the course of pulling you over for any other offense, you're totally screwed. So be very careful!!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:27 PM
10th Gear

Still, it would be nice to be able to watch movies.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by PeterMann
Still, it would be nice to be able to watch movies.
I *really* don't want to come off as a complete jerk, so please don't take this that way, but... why??

I mean, I get why you'd want passengers to have the convenience and novelty of watching movies. Maybe you're going on lots of long trips. Maybe you have kids that need entertaining. Maybe you have clients and you want to show them movies like property listings for real estate professionals, etc.

But as a driver, for the life of me, I don't see the need, want, coolness, necessity, novelty, the... any of it... to being able to watch movies in my car from the driver's seat.

That's what my my TV/DVD at home is for. Or a movie theater.

Why are people always so fascinated with the ability of the driver to watch a movie while driving rather than being fascinated with the driver's ability to handle the car safely?

Your job as a driver is to make sure you pay attention to the road and to the hazards around you. Anything else is dangerous and stupid.

Sorry to be a downer!
Old 08-19-2009, 12:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

I drive and watch movies all the time with my iPhone, and with the use of bluetooth audio, I can pass it to backseat passengers and they can watch it up close, with the volume pumpin' out for everyone! It's fantastic.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bmode
I drive and watch movies all the time with my iPhone, and with the use of bluetooth audio, I can pass it to backseat passengers and they can watch it up close, with the volume pumpin' out for everyone! It's fantastic.
You would literally be safer to be driving under the influence. That's how dangerous it is to be driving and not watching the road.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:08 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jzacuto
I *really* don't want to come off as a complete jerk, so please don't take this that way, but... why??

I mean, I get why you'd want passengers to have the convenience and novelty of watching movies. Maybe you're going on lots of long trips. Maybe you have kids that need entertaining. Maybe you have clients and you want to show them movies like property listings for real estate professionals, etc.

But as a driver, for the life of me, I don't see the need, want, coolness, necessity, novelty, the... any of it... to being able to watch movies in my car from the driver's seat.

That's what my my TV/DVD at home is for. Or a movie theater.

Why are people always so fascinated with the ability of the driver to watch a movie while driving rather than being fascinated with the driver's ability to handle the car safely?

Your job as a driver is to make sure you pay attention to the road and to the hazards around you. Anything else is dangerous and stupid.

Sorry to be a downer!
I understand your point but I too would like the convenience of being able to watch it for my driver's seat. Not while I'm driving, but I spend so much of my time parked and waiting and me and passengers will share my little phone screen that doesn't reach while plugged in and it can be really overwhelming to try to show people in business what I'm talking about. It would be nice to have it on screen
Old 12-06-2018, 01:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by cornelius
It would be pretty cool to watch tv in my car since I spend a lot of time sitting in
the car waiting for people. Occasionally, I can watch a DVD with someone from the
back seat.. one thing leads to another.. drive her home... and no strings attached.
Just saw this, with the thread being bumped today, and had to laugh. The poster hasn't been around for a few years, so I don't think I'm hurting anyone's feelings when I say that this post can only have come from a virgin. I don't think I want to meet the girl who would "come by my car to watch a movie". One day this guy is actually going to see a boob, and it's going to change his life.

If you are watching movies in your car (as a driver), then something has gone fundamentally wrong in your life.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Starr
I understand your point but I too would like the convenience of being able to watch it for my driver's seat. Not while I'm driving, but I spend so much of my time parked and waiting and me and passengers will share my little phone screen that doesn't reach while plugged in and it can be really overwhelming to try to show people in business what I'm talking about. It would be nice to have it on screen

Get a longer cable
Old 12-06-2018, 03:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
Originally Posted by sockpuppet

If you are watching movies in your car (as a driver), then something has gone fundamentally wrong in your life.

The following users liked this post:
Anicra (04-09-2019)