BlueTooth Issues with 2012 Acura TL Hands Free Link

Old 09-13-2011, 04:43 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlueTooth Issues with 2012 Acura TL Hands Free Link

I'm hoping someone can help as I have exhausted all hope with Verizon, Acura, Hands Free Link, and HTC. We have a new 2012 Acura TL and am having issues with connecting my Droid Incredible via Blue Tooth. I have performed soft resets, firmware and software upgrades, and a hard reset (factory reset) and tried to pair the phone at least 40 times.

The phone pairs initially and says that it is connected to both phone and media audio. Then a pop-up message appears on the phone saying that the Blue Tooth headset is disconnected at which time the phone says it is paired to media only. The car shows a connection however nothing works (no outbound or inbound calls, no streaming media). Ultimately, the car drops the connection. When you try and re-pair the phone you have to delete it from both the car and phone and the same process repeats itself. The phone is listed on the compatible phones list for Acura/Hands Free Link. Each company is pointing fingers at the other. I spent 2 hours on a conference call with Verizon and Hands Free Link only to have the Verizon rep hang up on us. We also have a 2011 MDX and the phone works just fine, no issues.

From what we can tell there is a media option setting under the HFL connection that can be turned off and on. This setting appears to be over riding the phone connection which is the only one the vehicle supports. The problem is when you uncheck the box for media it automatically turns itself back on when the phone reconnects to the vehicle. Per HTC there is no way to permanently turn this setting off. HTC tells me to call Bluetooth...what a run around. There has got to be a way to permanently turn this setting off.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Try Motorola. My Photon 4g connects but when I dial out a call I have to literally press bluetooth on my dialer and when the call is done, the radio says bluetooth audio but no sound, volume is high on both the radio and phone and then a minute later it just starts playing. More than likely it is a Motorola issue and I have made a post on their support forum in regards to my issue. Good luck.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...58612?tstart=0
Old 09-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Not that I can offer much assistance but I can tell you that my Incredible connected with no problems. It would stream audio and receive phone calls with no connection issues. I switched to the Droid X and it works as well. I would say if you have tried a hard reset on the phone there is not much else you can do. Have you tried pairing another phone to this particular car? You mentioned paring the DINC to an MDX so it would seem the phone is good. Try it the other way around and pair another Droid to your car and see if you have the same problem.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:08 PM
3rd Gear

I just got my 2012 TL - and tried about 10 times trying to pair with my Samsung Galaxy S (Vivrant - TMobile). At first it connects, then TL cannot find it. Try to connect and the phone shows up in the menu, but then Notification page says, "Cannot find the phone." I gave up. Drove to the dry cleaner. Tried again, and finally worked and I was able to call. But Bluetooth Audio would not work (no sound), and then before you know it, "Not connected". Then back to that infinite loop of "Cannot find your phone." I had issues wtih Bluetooth on my 2005 TL. I am about to give up on HandsFree....
Old 10-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
I have a 2012 TL as a loaner and am having similar issues with my HTC MyTouch 3G. It connects, but while I'm on a call it drops it every minute or so saying no phone is connected, then after just a few seconds the call resumes. I haven't tried streaming my music b/c I have my iPod hooked up and it has all the same songs anyway.

It's frustrating b/c I have this loaner for about a month so I'd like to be able to use the Bluetooth for phone calls. It's also weird that my 2010 has no issues at all with my phone.

Good luck getting your issues resolved!
The following users liked this post:
Daccord (10-03-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
There is a setting on the phone that has to be set in the right configuration. My wife and I both got new HTC Incredible 2 phones. I paired mine with no problem and it paired every time I got in the car. Then I went to pair hers and it only paired the first time.

I think the setting on the phone is a "discoverable" setting. You can pair the phone and it will connect even if it's set wrong when you do the initial set-up.

It's been a few months, so I'm not exactly sure what the setting was, but once I played with the setting on the phone it was obvious.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:56 PM
3rd Gear

Weird but true. I just couldn't get it to work in the Accessory mode, and finally got it to work (and keep working) with the engine turned on. With my 2005, HFL had an issue with Bluetooth drining the battery. I wonder if the fix was made so that Bluetooth on HFL is not turned on in the Accessory mode. (If it is in the manual, sorry, I must have skipped over it.)