Audio Upgrade on base Non-Nav TL

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 09:17 AM
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 69 Posts
Were you able to get that 28 PIn connector and build that custom harness

Originally Posted by gramzee
Hi guys, quick question, i've searched and am not sure i've seen a definitive answer. Plus this thread seems active.

In the 3G TL, (i've recently traded up to a '12 SHAWD Tech here in Canada) the head unit was tested for signal output pre-amp, and showed a usable signal. Many guys take the signal out of the radio before the amp as it was the cleanest, and did not exhibit noise faults of the factory amp. Has anyone tested the 4G deck to see similar results? I've reviewed the wiring diagram in the FSM and it shows all the right wires and what they do, on the 28P connector B page 23-35. I'm just confused, I see a lot of people grabbing everything after the factory amp here with the 4G. What i'm hoping to get at is find a 28P connector that will plug into the factory harness that goes into the amp, and have RCA's soldered into a custom harness. Here is a picture of the connector (one on the right) that would be required. Note that this picture is take from a vendors website that makes a different product for the TL. in the 3G, guys would grab a harness that I think came from iSimple and chop off the connector and build out the harness.

ihatecars might be able to chime in on what was done with the 3G, i've seen him post about it before, and believe he is doing the same thing. I've seen another guy diamondjoequimby ask in this forum as well, he did it first on his 3G I believe (could be wrong) and didn't get a response. Maybe this get's it's own thread to keep from muddying up this one.
for your aftermarket?Three years later Im facing the same challenge. but i cant find anywhere in the forum if you ever finished it.