anti-theft code

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anti-theft code

I searched my TL glovebox all over and couldn't find the radio and navi anti-theft code. The only thing I found was a white sticker with two lines of numbers on it. The first line has 5 digits and the second has 8 digits. are those anti-theft codes? They are all numbers.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
They might be the anti-theft codes. To be sure though, you can retrieve the codes on the My Acura website. You'll need your VIN, and will have to register on the site if you haven't already.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Instructor

Thanks, I tried to retrieve those codes online, yet they also require serial number of both radio and navi, which I don't know where to find......

Originally Posted by StuartMMVITL
They might be the anti-theft codes. To be sure though, you can retrieve the codes on the My Acura website. You'll need your VIN, and will have to register on the site if you haven't already.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Instructor

I contacted my dealer, he said those were the codes, however, when I tried to register those numbers on my acura website, the navi code only allows me to put 5 digits in there, but mine have 8 digits on the second line..... how many digits are your navi codes?
Old 12-19-2010, 05:26 PM
WDP 4G

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts
It's only one code. Unless you're not talking about a 4G TL?
Old 12-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Eudreamality
I contacted my dealer, he said those were the codes, however, when I tried to register those numbers on my acura website, the navi code only allows me to put 5 digits in there, but mine have 8 digits on the second line..... how many digits are your navi codes?
I checked the card for mine and the second number (8 digits) is the serial number for the radio and the first one (5 digits) is the anti-theft code.

Here's the details from the Owner's manual on how to enter and/or retrieve the codes if lost. Hope this helps...

You should have received a radio code card that lists your audio system’s code and serial numbers. It is best to store this card in a safe place at home. In addition, you should write the audio system’s serial number in this owner’s manual.
If you lose the card, you must obtain the code number from your dealer. To do this, you will need the audio system’s serial number.
NOTE:
If you have a My Acura account, you can retrieve the anti-theft code online.
If your vehicle’s battery is discon- nected or goes dead, the audio system will disable itself. If this happens, you will see
‘‘ENTER CODE’’ in the frequency display (on the center display on models with navigation system) the next time you turn on the system. Use the preset buttons to enter the five-digit code. The code is on the radio code card included in your owner’s manual kit. When it is entered correctly, the radio will start playing.
If you make a mistake entering the code, do not start over; complete the five-digit sequence, then enter the correct code. You have ten tries to enter the correct code. If you are unsuccessful in ten attempts, you must then leave the system on for 1 hour before trying again.
The system will retain your AM and FM presets even if power is disconnected.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by Eudreamality
I searched my TL glovebox all over and couldn't find the radio and navi anti-theft code. The only thing I found was a white sticker with two lines of numbers on it. The first line has 5 digits and the second has 8 digits. are those anti-theft codes? They are all numbers.
The 5 digit number is your radio/nav code (assuming you have a 4th gen TL with HDD nav). The other number is your nav/radio serial number. If you didn't have the code, any Acura dealer can retrieve your code by using the serial number. They can not retrieve the code using your cars VIN.

Acuras with a DVD based nav system have 2 codes, one for the radio, one for the nav. Acuras with the HDD nav system only have one code since both the nav and radio are tied in together.

Last edited by black label; 12-20-2010 at 11:26 AM.