Alternative to navtool for 2010 TL available now (plug and play)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alternative to navtool for 2010 TL available now (plug and play)

Didn't know if anyone knew this but i thought I'd share. Avelectronic has a plug and play kit available now. I just ordered it today if anyone is interested.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:39 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Details? Pics?
Old 04-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Team Anthracite Member

WOW, I really didn't think I had to go through all that. Its real simple to just go to the site plus IMO the site isnt structured well so trying to provide pics, etc is useless. Go to the site (www.avelectronic.com) and see what they have and then call them up. Thats what I did.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Racer

Pics of when you get it up and running please.

How much did it cost?? Whats involved in the setup??
Old 04-24-2010, 05:39 PM
I am a bullet proof tiger

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
very interested in more details about install and pics if possible.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by wmahmud
Pics of when you get it up and running please.

How much did it cost?? Whats involved in the setup??
Okay will do. I don't have a good camera. I'm going to have to borrow one. Its coming sometime this week. I've already replaced my head rest with power acoustik headrest monitors, had the dvd player installed in the clove box and added flo tv to the car.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes I have been waiting for navtool but if this works im ready can you show pic of dvd in glove and all your other connections. Will be very intrested to see how easy it is to install so please put as many details and pics as possible you will be my hero.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by islandlife
Yes I have been waiting for navtool but if this works im ready can you show pic of dvd in glove and all your other connections. Will be very intrested to see how easy it is to install so please put as many details and pics as possible you will be my hero.
Okay but I need to get a better camera. I'm embarrassed to say that all I have is the damn iphone as a camera. Fedex says the estimated delivery date is the 28th which I don't think is going to happen since the tracking says its still in GA and Im in NY. We will see.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:46 AM
10th Gear

what does that do ? to ur tl?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Getting this thing has been such a headache. There are 3 different types units that avelectronics offer. I ordered the middle unit. avelectronic shipped the unit to my house via Fedex but didn't require a signature. I live in an apartment building and Fedex leaves the damn thing at the front door. Needless to say it got stolen. Luckily, avelectronic had insurance on it. However, I still have to wait for them to start a claim before I can get my money back. Since this one got stolen I decided to order a second one instead of wating for the first one to get credited back to my debit card. The guy at avelectronics convinced me to get the top unit because it offers (4) inputs as oppose to (2) that the other united offer, 3 camera options etc. He made sense so I order that. He upgraded the delivery to next day service. I get the package and go to have my electronics guy install it. Tell me why the plugs for the unit isn't matching up to the my 2010 Sh-awd TL Tech radio. Come to find out that the unit that they sell is for the 2010 fwd TL and not the Sh-awd. I was told that its going to take about 2 weeks for them to get to work for the Sh-awd TL. Now I have to ship the second unit back as well and wait for a refund and then order the new unit when its available.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:18 PM
I am a bullet proof tiger

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow...sorry to hear about the first unit being stolen. I am very surprised that the FWD and AWD have different plugs for the navigation.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Advanced

Yeah sorry to hear about your luck with this item i was hoping to see pics of it up and running. That is strange that there is different wiring. Wouldn't make sense financially for them. Still looking forward to see someone get this up and running navtool is taking way too long!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Thanks guys. He said they are working on it now so hopefully it won't be too long. I'm soo pissed off. I would have waited to get all the other stuff done had I known this.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Okay, here's the latest on avelectronic bypass and the 4G TL. After sending the unit back to avelectronic, they asked me what model did I have. I told them 2010 TL Sh-AWD, Tech Package. They then proceded with trying to correct the problem that doesn't allow their system to work with that model. Finally, I get the call from avelectronic telling me that they got it right. They ship me the unit by Fedex Next Day Shipping. I take the unit to the installer that I used. The installer then had problems getting the system to work. He and the avelectronic guy spent about 4 hours that day (over the phone, email etc.) trying to get it to work but to no avail. For some strange reason, the voltage used for the factory display on this model is too high or some crap like that. its suppose to use about 2 to 3 voltage but the display was test as being much higher and that difference isn't allowing the unit to display. I was told by my installer that it would work for a sec and then go black. Avelectronic had me ship the unit back and they had a dealer that they work with test it on my exact model. He had the same problem. Now I'm told that I have to wait for Avelectronic to get their hands on that current model so they can get it right. They said they tried to rent one but could only get the base model. So they are refunding my money until they can get a car to test on. The only other option is for me to drive to ATL so they can make the necessary changes to their unit so it will play. I'm not about to do that. Maybe someone in ATL who's also interested in this, with the 2010 Sh-awd, Tech Package can go to them. They said it could be done in a about a day.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Advanced

What does this do? Is it so we can watch videos on the screen?
Old 06-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by dsw1ft
What does this do? Is it so we can watch videos on the screen?
Yes, thats exactly what its for.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Cruisin'

Pricing is not displayed on their website. Do you mind posting how much you paid?
Old 06-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by dipdeol
Pricing is not displayed on their website. Do you mind posting how much you paid?
They offer multiplie versions of their bypass unit. The middle version is $300 and the best on is $500. Thats all I know about price.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:25 PM
5th Gear

I wish someone would make something like this for the ACURAS

http://www.vaistech.com/products/sl2vi.php

IT does audio/video all from IPOD!!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Racer

Hi guys how are you? It was a long time since I last posted here but I have decided to updated everyone on new acura vidoe interfaces.

I also want to introduce my self if some one doesn't know me. I'm an owner of NavTool, my name is Vitaliy.

It all starts with completely new technology, we already have plug and play connectors in place and much more, the only problem is that new Acura screens are nothing like it was before and its not as simple as RGB solution

We are an actual manufaucturer and I highly doubt someone will release an interface before we will, the only problem is to get a test vehicle in NY for more than few hours from someone. We are now working on few different projects but in 4-5 weeks time we will continue to work Acura interface as more and more Acuras are switching to new nav systems.

If anyone is willing to let us use their car as test vehicle (no wire cutting, we just need to have the car available for entire day and than you can come back and leave it for another day if we need it to have it for another full day) that person will get 10 free units , we just need to get a car here for couple of days , full days please

please email me at info@navtool.com

Thank You very much and it was my please to post here again.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by vsokolov
Hi guys how are you? It was a long time since I last posted here but I have decided to updated everyone on new acura vidoe interfaces.

I also want to introduce my self if some one doesn't know me. I'm an owner of NavTool, my name is Vitaliy.

It all starts with completely new technology, we already have plug and play connectors in place and much more, the only problem is that new Acura screens are nothing like it was before and its not as simple as RGB solution

We are an actual manufaucturer and I highly doubt someone will release an interface before we will, the only problem is to get a test vehicle in NY for more than few hours from someone. We are now working on few different projects but in 4-5 weeks time we will continue to work Acura interface as more and more Acuras are switching to new nav systems.

If anyone is willing to let us use their car as test vehicle (no wire cutting, we just need to have the car available for entire day and than you can come back and leave it for another day if we need it to have it for another full day) that person will get 10 free units , we just need to get a car here for couple of days , full days please

Thank You very much and it was my please to post here again.
I'm in New York. Ready and Willing!!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 11:21 PM
7th Gear

Smile

I am also willing... I sent you an email in regards to your post. please let me know where you are located so we can do this!!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Where are we at on this? I need it..not want...its a need
Old 08-25-2010, 01:10 PM
1st Gear

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nking54580
Okay will do. I don't have a good camera. I'm going to have to borrow one. Its coming sometime this week. I've already replaced my head rest with power acoustik headrest monitors, had the dvd player installed in the clove box and added flo tv to the car.
Can you PLEASE post pics of your headrest monitors? How well do you feel they matched up with your leather? I have the parchment (light tan) leather (2010 WDP TL) and it has been hard finding a match without shelling out ~$2k. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Intermediate

Can we use the Nav tool to connect an ipod and watch videos and will we be able to control everything from the ipod?
Old 08-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Instructor

??
I was told this still does not work on the 2009 or 2010 TL..
Anyone have it? I asked them direct and they said they were working on it.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Racer

Hi guys how are you? It was a long time since I last posted here but I have decided to updated everyone on new acura video interfaces.

If anyone is willing to let us use their car as test vehicle (no wire cutting, we just need to have the car available for entire day and than you can come back and leave it for another day, if we need it to have it for another full day) that person will get 10 free units , we just need to get a car here for couple of days , full days please

Thank You very much and it was my pleasure to post here again.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:46 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by vsokolov
Hi guys how are you? It was a long time since I last posted here but I have decided to updated everyone on new acura video interfaces.

If anyone is willing to let us use their car as test vehicle (no wire cutting, we just need to have the car available for entire day and than you can come back and leave it for another day, if we need it to have it for another full day) that person will get 10 free units , we just need to get a car here for couple of days , full days please

Thank You very much and it was my pleasure to post here again.
I wish i was in NY i would do it in a heartbeat. PLEASE someone in NY area let him have your car i have been dying to get this figured out.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nking54580
Didn't know if anyone knew this but i thought I'd share. Avelectronic has a plug and play kit available now. I just ordered it today if anyone is interested.
Thank you for sharing and love to see when you installed
Old 05-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ml0319
Thank you for sharing and love to see when you installed
Thats OLD post.. they say it works on the website but it does not work.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Racer

Hi guys thank you for all replies we have receive, we are still looking for a vehicle to use in development

Thank You very much
Old 05-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Someone please help these guys out. I received an email from them today. They want to develop this but need a car. If I was anywhere near NY I would drive over but I am on the wrong coast. I have a 2011 SH-AWD so someone please help!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
It'll be on its way soon!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Racer

Hi guys we are having a little bit of a hard time of getting a vehicle in for development of video interface.

I have been on this forum for 10 years and worked on many acurazine members vehicles, and i never heard any negative statement from anyone about what i do.

some acurazine members having concerns about whether or not they should trust me with their cars.

over 10 years i would say more than 100 members trusted me their cars even back when i had a custom shop as well.

many think that why would we give away 10 free units value at $3500 , i think its only fare to give product free to a person whose car we will use for research and development

some concern about their cars safety, we have a huge 6000 sq.ft. secure facility once your car goes inside it will not be taken out or driven.

we are also willing to cover cost of rent a car.

when doing development we are using plug and play harness so no vehicles wires will be cut.

if any members want to help us out and have question please email us at info@navtool.com or my personal cell 718-757-8638

Thank You
Old 05-24-2011, 07:25 PM
4th Gear

what is navtool?
Old 05-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Racer

its a device that allows your nav screen to accept external video sources
Old 05-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Instructor

HEARTtl said he is coming down. If not i can ship mine this weekend to you as we discussed.
Any idea on what connections will be available yet? Composite only does me no good.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by john94si
HEARTtl said he is coming down. If not i can ship mine this weekend to you as we discussed.
Any idea on what connections will be available yet? Composite only does me no good.
Hi

he is not able to come down,

we are working on few different inputs beside composite we cannot disclose this information at this time.

Thank You
Old 05-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Instructor

OK i will try and get mine ready to ship to you asap..
Old 05-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
HDMI input FTW. Visualize - Apple-TV NAV interface.

Quick Reply: Alternative to navtool for 2010 TL available now (plug and play)