Aftermarket Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 01:10 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Stereo

Hi All,

This is my first post!!!

I just got my my new alpine subs, amp, bass knob and 2 channel converter.

I was wondering, while getting this all installed at Visions, is it recommended to change the factory door speakers? If so, do I have to change the factory amp as well?

I know that when they install my new subs, they will be deactivating my factory sub.

I am keeping my factory HU, i thinks that why they are using the 2 channel converter.

Any advice would help a lot. There new Acuras are much more complex than my 1994 Mazda mx6.

Thanks a bunch.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:22 AM
The Original Shawdy

Received 421 Likes on 344 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012TLTech
Hi All,

This is my first post!!!

I just got my my new alpine subs, amp, bass knob and 2 channel converter.

I was wondering, while getting this all installed at Visions, is it recommended to change the factory door speakers? If so, do I have to change the factory amp as well?

I know that when they install my new subs, they will be deactivating my factory sub.

I am keeping my factory HU, i thinks that why they are using the 2 channel converter.

Any advice would help a lot. There new Acuras are much more complex than my 1994 Mazda mx6.

Thanks a bunch.
I have a aftermarket sub and amp in my TL and the factory speakers still sound nice and clear. I have a JL audio W6v3 in a High Output box accompanied by a JL Audio 600/1v3 amp. You can upgrade the speakers if you want more trouble and a crisper sound but the ELS already sounds nice in the 4G assuming you have the tech model. Just make sure the sub is tapped into the rear door speaker and not the factory sub or you will get interference.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:31 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by carbonTSEX
I have a aftermarket sub and amp in my TL and the factory speakers still sound nice and clear. I have a JL audio W6v3 in a High Output box accompanied by a JL Audio 600/1v3 amp. You can upgrade the speakers if you want more trouble and a crisper sound but the ELS already sounds nice in the 4G assuming you have the tech model. Just make sure the sub is tapped into the rear door speaker and not the factory sub or you will get interference.
Ok, great info. Thanks a bunch.

Get them to tap into the rear door speakers with the LC2i? Where would you reccomend putting this LC2i? Before the factory amp?

Would you recommend removing the factory sub, it has been said that makes the sound better in the car for air flow reason?

Is there any place that they should dynamat?

Can i put in 2 after market speakers and tweeters in the front door and run them off the factory amp?

Thanks a whole bunch.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:27 AM
The Original Shawdy

Received 421 Likes on 344 Posts
The installer will tap the remote wire from the LC2 (or whatever high low converter you choose) into the rear door speaker. It's not connected to the factory amp. You can remove the factory sub as it does add to the sound but mine is still currently in and sounds great. Why I did my dynamat, I applied it to the entire inside of the trunk (side panels, trunk lid and floor board. I would like to do the rear deck lid as well where the factory sub is. As for the speakers, for best quality and sound I would recommend running aftermarket speakers off an aftermarket amp.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:35 AM
4th Gear

Ok, that helps a lot. I went with an Alpine PDX-F4 and Hertz Mille Pro 6.5 component set. (MPK1653)

I also changes to a Hertz 8 channel DSP processor. (H8DSP)

I can not find a lot of info about the Hertz speakers, especially on crutchfield. I was told they are good, what are your thoughts?

The speakers are ordered, but I can change if there are better suggestions.

Also, would you recommend taking out the stock 8inch sub when I get the installation done?

Thanks