Add To Destination List doesn't work?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Add To Destination List doesn't work?

I just noticed something funky with my navigation. The Add To Destination List feature is either buggy or just works very differently from the way it did in my 3G.

In the 3G, I could add destinations to the list and then go back to the list and select which one I was going to next. Like a "To Do" list. It would keep a tab of the number of destinations in the list on the main menu Destination List button.

In the 4G, as soon as I click Add To Destination List and then OK, the navigation system starts navigating to the destination. I can add destinations, but if I cancel the route it starts with, it cancels the additional routes in the list.

Is this the way it's supposed to work or a bug?
Old 10-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The 09 is a little bit different. Once you have the information for your first route, you select add to destination, then ok to calculate the route. While it is still calculated, go back through and find another address or destination that you want to go to. You can then add that one to your destinations and even edit the order of the places you want to go. Let me know if this helps or confuses you more. I'm happy to help.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@jzacuto Destination List = FAIL

I noticed the same thing this weekend (along with the useless cupholders). I like to set my destinations in the morning before I leave home even if I'm not going there until later in the day. Now I have to set the destinations then cancel them and use the previous destinations menu. I've was telling another member to use the destination list as a workaround for something else but now I realize why he/she didn't see how it could help.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I mean, I kinda-sorta get why they designed it this way, but since it's so different from the user experience on the 3G TL, it makes me wonder if they even have user experience engineers thinking about the improvements they made for the 4G!

If something familiar is changed so drastically that it operates in an entirely new way, it's usually incumbent upon the manufacturer to call that out or highlight it in some way.

What I mean is, that it might be operating the way the Acura 4G engineers designed it to work, but to former 3G owners, it appears to be a bug.

Originally Posted by bw5556
@jzacuto Destination List = FAIL

I noticed the same thing this weekend (along with the useless cupholders). I like to set my destinations in the morning before I leave home even if I'm not going there until later in the day. Now I have to set the destinations then cancel them and use the previous destinations menu. I've was telling another member to use the destination list as a workaround for something else but now I realize why he/she didn't see how it could help.