Acuralink - Verizon Phone

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Acuralink - Verizon Phone

Has anyone had any luck getting Acuralink to work in their TL Tech? I have an iPhone 4 and Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx (both non-jailbroken/rooted) with no luck. I have even had the HotSpot provision added to my RAZR, still with no luck. In addition, Acura claims that AcuraLink uses the XM Radio services, but I tend to think not....
Old 05-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Nope. No luck with my Razr, or my OG Droid.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:39 PM
BrownBuck

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have a HTC sensation 4G with Tmobile....same issue. Never been able to connect. It's funny you made this thread...i was going to make one later today lol
Old 05-29-2012, 01:45 PM
moabizzi

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
i dont think its an issue with the phones, its an issue with the services. i did some research on this, and basically, from my understanding, you cant transfer your data plan signal over the bluetooth for the car to get access to it. once the bluetooth is activated. i had to root and flash a custom rom on my phone to see if it would work. there also maybe an app that lets you share your data plan over bluetooth.

i noticed one thing thou. anyone with an android phone, sorry OP, go to system settings... wireless & networks.... tethering & portable hotspot, and see if you have a Bluetooth tethering option. enable it and see if you can link up acura link.

also make sure you have data roaming enabled, national data roaming enabled. system settings... wireless networks .... mobile network settings.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Account closed

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
So far I've paired, Razr Maxx, Razr & Bionic on Verizon all went right in
Old 05-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
To determine if your phone is capable of Datalink, go the the Acura HFL microsite http://www.acura.com/handsfreelink.aspx?ls=LG&fs=NFN and check your phone / carrier & model capability. Not every HFL capable phone is Datalink capable. Not every phone model that is capable with Carrier A is capable with Carrier B. Your phone needs to show it has DATA compatibility for YOUR RL year & model, YOUR carrier and YOUR phone model.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:12 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Strippers4Me
So far I've paired, Razr Maxx, Razr & Bionic on Verizon all went right in
When you say "...went right in" are you referring to the phones pairing up to the HandsFreeLink via bluetooth to make voice calls or actually successfully connecting up to AcuraLink via bluetooth to communicate through a mobile device to your Acura dealer?
Old 07-29-2012, 05:17 PM
1st Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
AcuraLink Successfully connected to Verizon phone ~ instructions

After several trials and errors, I was able to set up a data connection between my 2012 Acura TL and my Verizon Droid X, which is an Android phone. Here's what I did:

1. I downloaded BlueDUN from the Google Play store. This app allows the phone to easily set up a bluetooth DUN connection with the car. There is a free version of the app that allows you to connect for five minutes, which is probably plenty of time to transmit data to the store, but I bought the full version for $3.79.

2. Turn on BlueDun (or whichever app you decide to use) and activate the bluetooth DUN connection.

3. Push the "INFO" button, click on "Set Up," click on the "Other" tab, and select "AcuraLink/Messages."

4. If the "Phone-Data Connection" option is available, select it and skip to #5. Otherwise, if the option grayed out, select "Connect to the Acura Server" and choose "Prompt" and then select "Phone-Data Connection."

5. At the "Confirmation" page, select "Yes."

6. Select "Custom Setup."

7. On the next page, you will see four options (or steps). Skip over Step 1 and Step 2 -- i.e don't change these settings.

8. Click on "STEP 3: PPP Username" and insert the following: "[Your cell number]@vwz3g.com" -- NOTE: Do not enter the quotes or brackets and make sure the text is entered in lower case. If your phone is a 4g phone, you may need to enter "vwz4g.com" instead, but I don't know for sure because my phone is 3g.

9. Click on STEP 4: PPP Password" and insert the following: "vzw" -- NOTE: Again, make sure you enter the text in lower case.

10. Scroll down and select "Done".

11. When asked whether you want to test the set up, select "Yes."

12. The system will then try to create a data connection with your phone. If all goes well, you will see a notification screen stating "Setup Complete."

Good luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by KUDudeinKC:
Harlemknight (11-27-2012), shdwghst457 (11-08-2012)
Old 07-30-2012, 09:19 AM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts
My BlackBerry 9900 Bold/TMobile, connected to AcuraLink, flawlessly, on my 2012 SH AWD/tech/TL.
Could never get it to connect on my '09/TL/FWD/tech/TL
Maybe they changed some software on the 2012
Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The BlueDUN tip is a huge step in the right direction; I couldn't get the car to respond at all to my iPhone 5, Samsung Stratosphere or new RAZR M through bluetooth tethering alone, and BlueDUN isn't compatible with the RAZR at all (something about firmware in the modem). I threw my SIM back in the strat and fired up BlueDUN and it WORKED! But, as soon as the car said the connection was successful (2005 RL btw) the BlueDUN app shuts off the service and the car asks if I want to set up a connection. This happens whether I configure manually or simply choose Verizon as my carrier. Any thoughts, anyone?