Navigation tracking failing

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 05:18 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Navigation tracking failing

Recently in the past week or so my navigation has been way off. It's like it can't locate the car and is not accurate. Even if I manually fix the vehicle location within seconds it's off by 5-10miles lol.

Any ideas what to do? It's intermittent and only fixes after car powered off and back on but not always. It seems to be getting worse.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:22 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
fauklty GPS antenna
Old 05-23-2018, 09:05 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had this problem and here is an option: The software upgrade will not fix this. Make sure you have your radio code, then unhook the battery positive and negative terminals and touch them together. This resets the nav unit. It will still be a few miles off when you start the car again but drive around and give it an hour or so. The GPS emblem that is under the compass emblem will start to show again, likely you are not seeing this anymore, just the compass. You can check the satellites by holding down the MAP/CANCEL/MENU buttons all at the same time. A service menu will appear. Select Detailed Information menu and then select GPS. This will show you a satellite tracking map with how many satellites you are receiving. You need three to get an accurate GPS location. Mine has had this problem and the reset fixed it for the most part. You may live in an area where GPS can be poor or there are alot of other signals interfering. Like I said, do the reset and give it a day to get itself oriented and for the computer to update its location. I hope this helps!
Old 05-23-2018, 09:06 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also this is what the Acura Dealer will do so don't worry you are not going to mess up anything