'10 Factory Amp Wiring Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 11:41 AM
an adult perspective

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
'10 Factory Amp Wiring Diagram

Any possibility someone might have the shop manual for the '10 TL SH-AWD and can scan/upload the Amplifier Conector pins/color wiring information? Of specific interest are those positions/wires on the connector id'ing the inputs from the head unit and the speaker wiring outputs. Most likely found in the Body Electrical section of the manual. tks in advance.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:29 PM
an adult perspective

Nobody has a copy of the manual?
Old 09-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here's a couple of quick pics from the shop manual with what I think you're looking for. Pages 23-46 & 23-47 in the Audio, Navigation and Telematics section.

Not the best quality, but if you need better, let me know and I can provide higher res images.

Hope this helps!

Old 09-16-2010, 05:12 PM
an adult perspective

Stuart -

This is what I was looking for, but now I'm somewhat confused. Compare your scans to what JBL shows to be the case. Some pins agree, but when they do, the wire colors are wrong. I don't think it should matter, but your scan does indicate the ELS w/Nav system, and I wouldn't think the wiring has changed between the '09 and '10 models.

For example, JBL says the color of the Turn-on lead is white at pin B1 on the amp, but the manual shows B1 being a red wire assw the ELS data negative feed. JBL shows the Front Channel speakers as A11 Light Green A2 Blue, but the scan shows A11 Brown and A2 Yellow as the Center Channel. This is why I wanted this, because if I went by what JBL shows, I'd definitely screw up the wiring of the MS-8.

Guess I'll have to double check with both Acura and JBL to find out who's telling the truth here.

Again, appreciate your response.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Six Shifter
Stuart -

This is what I was looking for, but now I'm somewhat confused. Compare your scans to what JBL shows to be the case. Some pins agree, but when they do, the wire colors are wrong. I don't think it should matter, but your scan does indicate the ELS w/Nav system, and I wouldn't think the wiring has changed between the '09 and '10 models.

For example, JBL says the color of the Turn-on lead is white at pin B1 on the amp, but the manual shows B1 being a red wire assw the ELS data negative feed. JBL shows the Front Channel speakers as A11 Light Green A2 Blue, but the scan shows A11 Brown and A2 Yellow as the Center Channel. This is why I wanted this, because if I went by what JBL shows, I'd definitely screw up the wiring of the MS-8.

Guess I'll have to double check with both Acura and JBL to find out who's telling the truth here.

Again, appreciate your response.
You may not remember my thread, but I'm the one who did the aftermarket install with the 2 Clean Sweeps. You asked me for the diagram but I was unable to assist you because I had my system professionally installed.

Well, I replaced the two sweeps with the MS-8 a couple of months ago. I can't help you with the wiring diagram but I wanted to inform you of the following issues I ran into with the MS-8:

1. Do not connect the center channel to the MS-8. The voice command feedback and navi-voice will not work through the MS-8 due to the fact that the MS-8 sums from the front channels. JBL will confirm this if you contact them.

2. When using the phone via bluetooth, the person on the other end will hear themselves repeat what they have spoken. This is due to the time correction of the MS-8 and the OEM bluetooth mic being calibrated to the OEM system. I've leaned to live with this since I don't talk on the phone that frequent while I'm driving.

3. The center channel plays even at -6 on the OEM head unit and with Doblby Digital turned off. Since the signal going through the MS-8 is slightly delayed due to the signal processing, your front stage will sound like an echo at medium volum levels and avove. I resolved this issue by adding a adjustable line driver for my center channel between the OEM amp and my aftermarket amp (no connection to MS-8) and also added an on/off switch up front so I could totally turn off the center channel when not in use.

Again, I can't help you with connecting the MS-8 to the OEM amp, but I wanted to share with you the issues I ran into. I will post new pics to my previous thread as soon as I get assistance.

Good Luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by Brew0360:
PPower (11-28-2011), TinyRK (11-28-2011)
Old 09-16-2010, 10:16 PM
an adult perspective

I do remember your thread and asking for the info. Thanks for this addit info based on your experience. As I don't use the voice nav or bluetooth I wonder if this would even be an issue for me, but I'll find out. Maybe I should contact your installer and see if they might remember (or can otherwise verify) the differences I'm seeing. Looking more closely at it, it appears the wire coloring between the two are the same, just the pin numbers don't match (except I still can't see the turn-on lead ... unless it's the white wire coming in at B3 labeled SWD ((can't make out the figure after the "+")) which would make sense). Is your head unit fully functional (balance, fader, etc) or are these all by-passed and controlled by the MS-8? Still might be worth my time to make a trip down your way to audition.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:22 PM
an adult perspective

Originally Posted by StuartMMVITL
Here's a couple of quick pics from the shop manual with what I think you're looking for. Pages 23-46 & 23-47 in the Audio, Navigation and Telematics section.

Not the best quality, but if you need better, let me know and I can provide higher res images.

Hope this helps!
Maybe a better shot of page 23-47 might be useful. Also, there should be a table - probably on the next page or two - showing the Stereo Amplifier Connector Replacement which lists the Cavity number (pin), Wire color, and what it connects to (at least that's the way it was in my '03 CL manual). If you could scan that it would be very useful.

tks again
Old 09-17-2010, 07:22 AM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
I do remember your thread and asking for the info. Thanks for this addit info based on your experience. As I don't use the voice nav or bluetooth I wonder if this would even be an issue for me, but I'll find out. Maybe I should contact your installer and see if they might remember (or can otherwise verify) the differences I'm seeing. Looking more closely at it, it appears the wire coloring between the two are the same, just the pin numbers don't match (except I still can't see the turn-on lead ... unless it's the white wire coming in at B3 labeled SWD ((can't make out the figure after the "+")) which would make sense). Is your head unit fully functional (balance, fader, etc) or are these all by-passed and controlled by the MS-8? Still might be worth my time to make a trip down your way to audition.
You will only have functionality of the bass, treble and balance when connected to the MS-8. I'm still in the process of learning the sound nuances of the MS-8 but overall I like it much better than my setup with the Clean Sweeps. Once you have the MS-8 up and running, I will share a few tricks during the calibration process that I've learned through trial and error.

Good Luck
Old 09-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Racer

Maybe a better shot of page 23-47 might be useful. Also, there should be a table - probably on the next page or two - showing the Stereo Amplifier Connector Replacement which lists the Cavity number (pin), Wire color, and what it connects to (at least that's the way it was in my '03 CL manual). If you could scan that it would be very useful.

tks again
Here's a bit better image of page 23-47 along with some of the audio connector tables.

Old 09-19-2010, 02:24 PM
an adult perspective

Tks again for these shots - do appreciate it. The connector shots you provided are the A/B connectors on the back of the HU, but what I was actually asking for are the same views for the AMP. I'll be sending you a PM so as not to drag this out in the thread, unless the viewing audience wants to continue reading about this, because there are still some inconsistencies between the manual and what JBL states, but I think I know why. PM being forwarded.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:58 PM
an adult perspective

Originally Posted by Brew0360
You will only have functionality of the bass, treble and balance when connected to the MS-8. I'm still in the process of learning the sound nuances of the MS-8 but overall I like it much better than my setup with the Clean Sweeps. Once you have the MS-8 up and running, I will share a few tricks during the calibration process that I've learned through trial and error.

Good Luck
Brew -

Could you pass me - via PM if easier - the name (and number) of your installer (although I guess I can get it from their website)? You mentioned the name of the place in Manassas in a previous PM you forwarded to me. I think it's just dawned on me that JBL is using the speaker leads from the AMP vice the channel leads from the HU as inputs to the MS-8, which means they're not completely bypassing the factory amp as was the case with my CleanSweep in the CL. With the CleanSweep, I took my rear channel L/R +/- wire outputs from the HU and ran them into the CleanSweep, which gave me RCA's into the EQ for feeding back to the amps. Based on the snaps Stewart provided, coupled with the JBL table (except for the pin-number mismatches), they are using the factory amp speaker line outputs as inputs to the MS-8 which provides either speaker outputs (using it's internal amp) or allows for RCA's to external amps ... basically allowing for (what amounts to) either/or flexibility. Something I need to confirm with JBL/Harmon. Something I'd like to confirm with your installer. If this is the case, which it appears to be, I wonder if this might be part of the problem you've had with the center channel, and your need to juryrig a fix?
Old 10-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Racer

Tks again for these shots - do appreciate it. The connector shots you provided are the A/B connectors on the back of the HU, but what I was actually asking for are the same views for the AMP. I'll be sending you a PM so as not to drag this out in the thread, unless the viewing audience wants to continue reading about this, because there are still some inconsistencies between the manual and what JBL states, but I think I know why. PM being forwarded.
PM Sent and diagrams posted below. I've been out of town and just got back, hence the delay. Hope these help you out...

Old 10-04-2010, 09:08 PM
an adult perspective

That's the one. Clears up both questions I had. Appreciate your getting back to me.
Thanks again.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Brew0360

1. Do not connect the center channel to the MS-8. The voice command feedback and navi-voice will not work through the MS-8 due to the fact that the MS-8 sums from the front channels. JBL will confirm this if you contact them.

2. When using the phone via bluetooth, the person on the other end will hear themselves repeat what they have spoken. This is due to the time correction of the MS-8 and the OEM bluetooth mic being calibrated to the OEM system. I've leaned to live with this since I don't talk on the phone that frequent while I'm driving.

3. The center channel plays even at -6 on the OEM head unit and with Doblby Digital turned off. Since the signal going through the MS-8 is slightly delayed due to the signal processing, your front stage will sound like an echo at medium volum levels and avove. I resolved this issue by adding a adjustable line driver for my center channel between the OEM amp and my aftermarket amp (no connection to MS-8) and also added an on/off switch up front so I could totally turn off the center channel when not in use.
Big thanks for this info. I don't know if this really bums me out or is a relief. I don't want to deal with those caveats on top of losing true 5.1, so I now don't want to use my MS-8 on even a base stereo. Saves me the installation hassle.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:01 PM
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
I know this is a huge bump but the images were offline. Here's the image for the wiring schema for anyone who needs it.

https://i.imgur.com/WnBrT73.png
Old 11-10-2017, 02:08 PM
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Also, even though the image from from the 09-10 model cars, I used it on my 2012 and the wiring colours were identical. =)
Old 12-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Blaze9
Also, even though the image from from the 09-10 model cars, I used it on my 2012 and the wiring colours were identical. =)
+1. Worked on my 2012 too.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:38 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by StuartMMVITL
Here's a bit better image of page 23-47 along with some of the audio connector tables.

Bumping this thread with new images of pages 23-34/35 from the 09-10 TL Service Manual for those out there looking for help

There is a thread on AZine somewhere with the 09-10 SM for download, just not going to find it now since I have it downloaded on my Mac for safe keeping. HTH all future seekers.