Whyy...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 12:02 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Whyy...

Why did I insist that the dealer give me an 09 TL loaner!? At first they were going to give me an 08 (I turned 25 on Saturday so I can finally get a loaner!!).. I asked about an 09 so they brought me an 09 WDP w/ tech.. and now I don't want to give it back.

I have yet to find anything I don't like about the car; the nav/audio/bluetooth is a bit different from the 3G but its a huge improvement!

Anywho just thought I'd say.. love the new TL!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy it!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by timmahh
...I asked about an 09 so they brought me an 09 WDP w/ tech.. and now I don't want to give it back...

...love the new TL!!!
"...and another one bites, and another one bites, and another one bites the dust!"

Old 02-17-2009, 03:20 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

I keep finding excuses to drive it .. like.. umm.. maybe i should go get dessert.. (o_O) .. and gas.. and a movie..
Old 02-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Instructor

do eet!

Old 02-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Why did I insist that the dealer give me an 09 TL loaner!? At first they were going to give me an 08 (I turned 25 on Saturday so I can finally get a loaner!!).. I asked about an 09 so they brought me an 09 WDP w/ tech.. and now I don't want to give it back.

I have yet to find anything I don't like about the car; the nav/audio/bluetooth is a bit different from the 3G but its a huge improvement!

Play witht he bluetooth and I think you may change your mind, that is the one area they took a huge step back unless you have a cell that can import phone book to the 4G. Very convoluted way to use the 4G HFL.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
Play witht he bluetooth and I think you may change your mind, that is the one area they took a huge step back unless you have a cell that can import phone book to the 4G. Very convoluted way to use the 4G HFL.
My address book got imported seamlessly. No problems here.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

that is the problem - you are fine until you drive the dam thing. do NOT do NOT drive the SH-AWD model - if you think you have it bad now....
Old 02-17-2009, 05:45 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Originally Posted by KeithL
I don't think it's as easily accessible as it was previously - in the 3G, with the exception of the nav sending the # to the b/t unit, it was stand alone, so you can just push a button and say call #####.. now you have to hit the HFL button, which goes to the main phone screen, then you have to goto dial, then you can hit the talk button to say #######

(Unless there is a different way to do it; havent spent a ton of time fiddling with voice commands)

Edit: But I do have an iPhone and it imported the contacts when I first did the pairing
Old 02-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tim, you'll notice quickly that the new Pioneer system, kinda messed up the great TL's reputation of convenience of HFL. You no longer can hit the voice button and say "dial 555-1212". Furthermore, when you import your iPhone contacts, if you have 3 numbers assigned to one person, there's no way to edit them to display which phone number of that person you are calling, it just says, Bmode, Bmode, Bmode. We iPhone users now have to set up 3 different contacts so that it will display properly in the phonebook area, Bmode cell, Bmode home, Bmode work, etc... Kind of moronic actually. I talked to Acura customer service directly to convey this message, and I think they hear us. This hopefully will change in the next model or at least an update.

Acura is in California, and the law here is no texting while driving. Now Acura has us dialing on the Nav system. Not smart at all...