When is 4G SH-AWD Sale Date in California?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When is 4G SH-AWD Sale Date in California?

So exactly when is the SH-AWD version out for sale in California (Los Angeles area)? It's November 1st right or is it mid November? Does any one work at an Acura dealer in LA that can confirm this? Please and thank you?
Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It's Nov. 4 here in Chicagoland. Election Day!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Intermediate

Hmm.... That's good news to my ears Pete. I just hope its the same in LA as it is in Chicago or even earlier.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Intermediate

Pete, out of curiousity? Do you think the original tires would be safe to drive right on snow or the Michelin HX MXM4 All Season tires would be a death trap even with the AWD. You should have experience on this topic right? It snows in Chicago if I'm not mistaken?

Last edited by OGHK87JaY; 10-26-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by OGHK87JaY
Pete, out of curiousity? Do you think the original tires would be safe to drive right on snow or the Michelin HX MXM4 All Season tires would be a death trap even with the AWD. You should have experience on this topic right? It snows in Chicago if I'm not mistaken?
Well, Chicago winters are pretty bad, but like in any big Northern city, they plow the streets here pretty regularly so AWD is not really necessary. Besides, in my opinion, it's the tires and the way you drive in the winter that makes the most difference. (Too many people have this false perception that AWD makes their cars invincible in the winter). Ideally you want dedicated snow tires for winter and dedicated summer tires for summer. But if that's not possible then all-seasons are ok. Just curious, if you live in SoCal, why are you asking about snow?
Old 10-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PetesTL
Well, Chicago winters are pretty bad, but like in any big Northern city, they plow the streets here pretty regularly so AWD is not really necessary. Besides, in my opinion, it's the tires and the way you drive in the winter that makes the most difference. (Too many people have this false perception that AWD makes their cars invincible in the winter). Ideally you want dedicated snow tires for winter and dedicated summer tires for summer. But if that's not possible then all-seasons are ok. Just curious, if you live in SoCal, why are you asking about snow?

Well in the winter I like to go snowboarding alot, so sometimes I'll drive to like Lake Tahoe or like Big Bear, Wrightwood or Canada (if I'm up for it to drive that far) and well I just drive on the snow alot in the winter for like 2 months out of the year just to go snowboarding because I love it so much. I also asked this because I've ended up driving through a snow storm once but that was in a Subaru Legacy wagon with studed snow tires in Canada and also a snowstorm in Lake Tahoe with snow tires on a Land Rover (One hell of an army tank of a 4X4 SUV) but never tried driving on snow with all-season tires so that's the main reason I ask.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Intermediate

speaking of thinking awd is superior haha one of my friends thought his sti was invincible and drove like an idiot. Oh he paid for that one good and ended up putting his STI in a ditch that one year I took the Land Rover to Canada and got stuck and ripped his front bumper right off thanks to my winch he was able to get out. For the rest of the trip all you could see was his front mount intercooler being really icy. You should of seen what he did with his bumper and his snowboard rack and wireties and duck tape that was a good laugh. So I know not to drive like an idiot. Wireties and duck tape and a drill gun are a mans best friends when accidents happen HAHA
Old 10-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well, if you anticipate driving in deep snow up in the mountains, I don't think the all-seasons will suffice....best to get a good set of snow tires and not take any chances.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:12 PM
4th Gear

Got an update from my local Acura dealer. Said end of November... they should receive their first TL SH-AWD. I'm up on Sacramento btw...
Old 10-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OneGuyInCA
Got an update from my local Acura dealer. Said end of November... they should receive their first TL SH-AWD. I'm up on Sacramento btw...
Oh man thats a long wait........ end of November.... Sigh............ I hope its not the same for LA. Well I think I might find out this weekend for sure becuase I'm going to ask the dealer close to my house hopefully if I dont have to work.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

That's wierd. I thought you guys in the West Coast always got the new models before anyone else did. Our Chicago dealers are getting theirs in next week.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's wierd. I thought you guys in the West Coast always got the new models before anyone else did. Our Chicago dealers are getting theirs in next week.
Pete, I wonder if it has to do with the relatively low demand for AWD cars out here.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:59 PM
FPR pimpin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea It would be best to move up to winters, you can of course try it out as the michelin + AWD might be good, I have no problems with the michelins on my 2nd gen but i dont really go in too deep snow

ask the dealership if they can do a trade in for some winters and save some money, then for summer you can grab a nice set of rims and rubber... might not be possible but doesnt hurt to ask
Old 10-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by darth62
Pete, I wonder if it has to do with the relatively low demand for AWD cars out here.

Maybe.....it's funny though, several years ago, when I was visiting some relatives in Orange County, I saw more people driving SUV's there than here in Chicago! You have some CRAZY drivers there in SoCal. (almost every day, LA news shows some guy being in a hi-speed chase w/CHiP's on a freeway).

Last edited by PetesTL; 10-29-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Not an Ashtray

Maybe.....it's funny though, several years ago, when I was visiting some relatives in Orange County, I saw more people driving SUV's there than here in Chicago! You have some CRAZY drivers there in SoCal. (almost every day, LA news shows some guy being in a hi-speed chase w/CHiP's on a freeway).

Sadly, Pete. I think you are totally correct.

I would think the TL will be a big seller in cold climates. Whatever you like or don't like about the TL, it clearly has the most sophisticated AWD system on the market.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by darth62
Sadly, Pete. I think you are totally correct.

I would think the TL will be a big seller in cold climates. Whatever you like or don't like about the TL, it clearly has the most sophisticated AWD system on the market.

Yes, but the most advanced AWD system in the world isn't going to save someone who has bad driving habits. Every winter, I see more SUV's and trucks than cars skidded onto the ditch on the interstate. For me, FWD and a good set of snow tires is more than adequate.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Not an Ashtray

Yes, but the most advanced AWD system in the world isn't going to save someone who has bad driving habits. Every winter, I see more SUV's and trucks than cars skidded onto the ditch on the interstate. For me, FWD and a good set of snow tires is more than adequate.
One thing I love about your posts - it is pretty clear you see beyond all the b.s. and understand the practical realities.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Acuras Only in

i see all the 4G owners are from midwest of east coast ... guess the economy is hitting hard on us west coasters ... LOL ...

So far I haven't seen one 4G TL on the road believe it or not & i commute 25 miles each way on 101/880 ....
Old 10-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Intermediate

Haha yeah plus the economy is doing so bad maybe they are holding out on releasing it. Who knows like you are right though about low demand for awd cars especially the acura rl there werent that many sold.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Intermediate

Winter tires are kind of pricey. Are there any decent priced winter tires that could handle like 1.5 feet deep snow? like maybe ~150-190 a tire?
Old 10-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Winter tires are kind of pricey. Are there any decent priced winter tires that could handle like 1.5 feet deep snow? like maybe ~150-190 a tire?
1.5 ft. of snow?..........seems like you need snow tires AND a good set of chains.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Intermediate

Yup I'm planning on it
Old 11-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They have them at one dealer in Detroit. I was told the 4th of November with full pricing and lease rates that week.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Intermediate

Okie dokie that sounds awesome I'm going to have to put in a pre-order then. Thats 2 so far that has said november 4th.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Okie dokie that sounds awesome I'm going to have to put in a pre-order then. Thats 2 so far that has said november 4th.

Hey, so you're really ordering one? That's great! Looking forward to your comments about the AWD version.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Intermediate

Yes I am haha and thats a will do. That is why I asked you all about the snow tires and stuff because I plan to take it on to the snow and go snowboarding and I'll give you a report on how it handles on snow too...
Old 11-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Advanced

Bump

I would like to hear about some SH-AWD delieveries!!! ???

Tell me that they are showing up at dealers - ANYWHERE.

Tell me that VIN's are known.

Tell me that they are on trains accross North America.

Tell me anything factual.

cheers and THX....LC
Old 11-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

My local dealer told me today that he has about 5-7 SH-AWD's on a carrier headed his way and should expect it any day now.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:28 PM
10th Gear

I put my order for mine in about 3 weeks ago and my dealer said they weren't making any until 11-20-08. He said the dealers were suppose to be getting in the demo models this week. They thought it would be early December before anything would be made. I decided to just go with the TL/Tech Package with the 19" diamond cut rims. I am very happy with the new TL.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Banks93
I put my order for mine in about 3 weeks ago and my dealer said they weren't making any until 11-20-08. He said the dealers were suppose to be getting in the demo models this week. They thought it would be early December before anything would be made. I decided to just go with the TL/Tech Package with the 19" diamond cut rims. I am very happy with the new TL.
Congrats! Welcome to the ever-growing family of happy 4G owners!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:01 PM
10th Gear

Congrats! Welcome to the ever-growing family of happy 4G owners!
Thank you.

Yes, I love it. I wanted the SH-AWD but I read an article on it by somebody who tested and had driven both vehicles and they said the SH-AWD was going to be a stiffer suspension and more sporty handling car. They also said the tires were louder while riding. I went for the nicer ride and still has all the bells and whistles. I added the diamond cut 19" rims with the all season tires. Really makes the care look awesome. I am not crazy about the front end but I have gotten compliments from other people saying they like it.

I do love the SH-AWD in the MDX. We have an 2008 and it drives and handles great.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Banks93
Thank you.

Yes, I love it. I wanted the SH-AWD but I read an article on it by somebody who tested and had driven both vehicles and they said the SH-AWD was going to be a stiffer suspension and more sporty handling car. They also said the tires were louder while riding. I went for the nicer ride and still has all the bells and whistles. I added the diamond cut 19" rims with the all season tires. Really makes the care look awesome. I am not crazy about the front end but I have gotten compliments from other people saying they like it.

I do love the SH-AWD in the MDX. We have an 2008 and it drives and handles great.

Just curious, where in the Midwest are you from? Are you getting snow tires for the winter? I plan on mounting snow tires to my stock 17's for the winter (glad I didn't sell them) and storing my 19's w/summers tires away.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Intermediate

I got an email today the TL SH-AWD is officially now on sale
Old 11-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Advanced

Sh-awd !!!!!

When ?????????????????????????????

Old 11-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Linnley

Most Chicago dealers are getting them in this week.....in limited numbers though.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Intermediate

Exact date the dealer said that it should arrive by mid november for sure by the 14th to 17th at all dealer, but I was also told they could arrive as early as middle of next week. Just have to I thought most dealers already had them and stashed them in the back lot but apparently not. Linnley looks like you are very anxious to get the SH-AWD.

Last edited by OGHK87JaY; 11-06-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Advanced

traded

Originally Posted by L3wD
yea It would be best to move up to winters, you can of course try it out as the michelin + AWD might be good, I have no problems with the michelins on my 2nd gen but i dont really go in too deep snow

ask the dealership if they can do a trade in for some winters and save some money, then for summer you can grab a nice set of rims and rubber... might not be possible but doesnt hurt to ask

I got my tl yesterday and gave them my all wheel drive tires for mich ICE for 200$.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by igowest
I got my tl yesterday and gave them my all wheel drive tires for mich ICE for 200$.
Wow thats pricey!!!!!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Advanced

You got a shawd !?!?!?!?!?!!

Originally Posted by igowest

Hey, I am going crazy reading about this car - and not having it! The bullet has been bit...meaning I have got the money ready go to and there isnt a car. Its MIA. NADA. ZIP.

I only get new cars every 8-10 years, so this is a big event for our family.

The silver on black 09 TL SHAWD, should be showing up next week at my dealer....Nov 10th....BUT they can NOT comfirm if my color combo is coming on the first shippment. YIKES!!!

later....LC(cheers)
Old 11-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Linnley
Hey, I am going crazy reading about this car - and not having it! The bullet has been bit...meaning I have got the money ready go to and there isnt a car. Its MIA. NADA. ZIP.

I only get new cars every 8-10 years, so this is a big event for our family.

The silver on black 09 TL SHAWD, should be showing up next week at my dealer....Nov 10th....BUT they can NOT comfirm if my color combo is coming on the first shippment. YIKES!!!

later....LC(cheers)
Even if it isn't, your dealer can always trade with another dealer to get the color you want......if you have waited this long, it's worth it to be a little patient to get the one you really want.

Quick Reply: When is 4G SH-AWD Sale Date in California?