What Services Should I Ask For?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Services Should I Ask For?

My 2012 TL w/Tech has been at the dealership since June 28th due to some issues with my chrome wheels. I originally negotiated the dealership chrome my wheels free of charge. Almost a year and later there was some defect and the wheels had to be sent back to the company that chromed the wheels. My car has been at the dealership since June 28th. I recently received notice that 3 of the wheels were shipped back but the 4th wheel was lost in transit. Talk about Murphy's law! The new 4th wheel is expected back early next week. Here's my question or concern. Since my car has been sitting this long what services should I demand that the dealership perform to make sure my car is in proper condition. I'm thinking oil change, some type of fuel cleaning service, top engine flush or something similar and balancing of the wheels. Any other recommendations are appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 371 Posts
Um, how many miles are on it..Maybe convince them to do your next service based on miles..
Old 08-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Banned

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by waymay1305
My 2012 TL w/Tech has been at the dealership since June 28th due to some issues with my chrome wheels. I originally negotiated the dealership chrome my wheels free of charge. Almost a year and later there was some defect and the wheels had to be sent back to the company that chromed the wheels. My car has been at the dealership since June 28th. I recently received notice that 3 of the wheels were shipped back but the 4th wheel was lost in transit. Talk about Murphy's law! The new 4th wheel is expected back early next week. Here's my question or concern. Since my car has been sitting this long what services should I demand that the dealership perform to make sure my car is in proper condition. I'm thinking oil change, some type of fuel cleaning service, top engine flush or something similar and balancing of the wheels. Any other recommendations are appreciated. Thanks.
Are you looking for compensation in the form of service because you are concerned about how long the car sat, or just in general to compensate you for loss of use of the vehicle?

If its the former, then there is really no concern with the vehicle sitting for a month and a half - cars sit on the sales lot far longer than that.

If its the latter then whatever you feel is a good monetary compensation for the time the car sat - although I am assuming that they gave you a loaner for the full duration.

Fuel system cleaner and "engine flush" are completely unnecessary regardless of miles. I would call it good with a free oil change along with the next major maintenance item covered - perhaps a brake job or new tires.

Honestly the chrome wheels are an aftermarket accessory that you requested - in my mind the dealership doesn't really owe you that much because you're inconvenience is due to your decision to put an aftermarket accessory on you're car. I guess if they sold it with some warranty on the finish or such then that would be different.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think compensation in the form of services is a reasonable request. If I don't ask, I will never know. They can only tell me no. My service rep knows how meticulous I am with car care. A loaner car was provided. I do not considering the wheels aftermarket, as they were covered under warranty for the finish.