Warranty question

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 88 Posts
Warranty question

Hi all, I have an 09 TL that has a few issues and I'm going to take in the car to the service department tomorrow morning. My main issue is the suspension on my ride, the thing makes allot of noise when I'm going over the smallest imperfection on the road. Second, my leather is looking kind of worn out and the car only has 19000 miles on it. Do you guys think Acura will fix the wrattles and replace any parts under warranty? My sig says that I had springs and 20 inch rims which I have removed both before I go to the dealer. I know that doing these mods caused my suspension issues, any feedback would be gladly appreciated.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
if you have legit issues, they will fix them....but at the end of the day, cars rattle, and acuras seem to rattle more then others....to compound matters, you put 20" wheels with performance suspension...that is going to magnify everything....
Old 11-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Seat wear is a known issue with 07+ Acura. Suspension noise issues are normal with a lowered car. You will find some manufactures (Mazda) even use hard plastic covers around the top of the spring to keep the rattles down. If you don't transfer these over you'll get all kinds of noises. Not to mention the decreased range of motion on the struts which can bring many other issues.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:38 AM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
hm.. for the ride issue..

are you sure it was installed correctly..

i mean i have aftermarket suspensions.. and its perfectly fine.

the question goes back, when you had your stock suspensions, did it make any sound? im sure it didn't. so by you bring your car back with your stock suspensions, i don't think they will be able to replicate that nose your talking about since your only have it with aftermarket suspensions..

and as for the rattles, im sure they can fix it.

for the leather, it will be worn regardless, the question is.. how worn is it? is it tearing? if its not tearing, then acura wont replace it.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Well the Eibach springs at the time was the only thing available, to be honest I was never happy with them and found them to harsh. The noise started about a year ago and have gotten worst. I think if Acura drove it around and heard it maybe they can hear it, but the dealer is in one of the most expensive neighborhood in the country and the streets are si smooth, in the Bronx NY where I live the potholes are huge and the streets are horrible.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Burning Brakes

I went to the dealer this morning and drop the car off. My service rep calls me 8 hours later telling to come clean and tell her what the hell do to the car. I asked what do you mean and why. She tells me both control arms are bent and that the rear seat was not fitting correctly and that the tabs are broken. I ofcourse told her I had no idea what she was talkking about and denied ever removing the rear seat. What had happen is that those idiots that put my spring on must of Broken them either during the instal or when I had them removed. So the control arms are Beeing changed under warranty but I have to pay for those clips and that is going to run me $80. I don't mine paying for the clips but I'm pissed off that they said they can't do anything about the leather. I'm going to call Acura and have a tech come in and look at the car while it's there at the dealer. They gave me a loaner because the control arms are in their warehouse in conneticut, now those parts won't get to the service department until next week because of the snow storm we had on the east coast. They have no power at the warehouse until sometime next week, missing my baby already can't wait to get her back.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I know that most hate doing this because most of the time(not always) the dealer is more expensive for installing modifications and such but, its worth it if you don't know what you're doing or if you don't trust a certain body shop. If you go somewhere besides the dealer ASK QUESTIONS such as "what happens in X amount of time or miles if there's an issue? warranty info? so on and so forth and get it all in writing with signatures. don't take their word. Did you go back to said shop and complain?

As far as the leather goes,...whatever happened? I have always cleaned/conditioned my leather monthly and the driver seat once a week. Any pics of what your leather looks or looked like?
Old 01-06-2012, 10:46 AM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
my question still remains..

did your suspensions make nose right after you put your stock ones back on?

and how the fuck did you bend your control arms?

results of springs + 20 inch rims combo follow up with bad installation..
Old 01-07-2012, 08:42 AM
J-series addict

Received 615 Likes on 465 Posts
hello everyone, new member here!