Wanting to be a new owner very soon, tons of questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 10:53 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanting to be a new owner very soon, tons of questions.

Hey everyone, looking to finally upgrade I have been driving a radiant ember (the burnt orange color) 2005 Nissan Maxima SE fully loaded with the orange leather interior and elite 4 seater package since 11/05 brand new, love the car but its fast approaching 100K and after test driving a TL SH-AWD the other day I am in love, I must say I'm one of the lovers of the TL's Style, its somewhat bulky dimensions remind me of my maxima that I will soon be saying goodbye too, it also received its fair share of criticism when it debuted in 04 but I always loved its differentness. Anyway I'm looking at an 11 SH-AWD 5AT with tech, I know alot will say wait for the 12' but if the 12's grille will be anything like the new tsx and rl then its a little too toned down, anyway I had a bunch of questions and was hoping to get some answers if at all possible.

1.) Looking to get CBP with ebony interior and also full body kit, and I really want to go with the sport grille and rear trim but am confused since I haven't seen one with that option in person, some photos I've seen of the midnight chrome grille on CBP make it look dark and others make it look really shiny, which one is it?

2.) I'm divided on wheel choice, I kind of like the 19" diamond cut 10 spokes, but part of me thinks that the HPT tire and rim package will look better with the midnight chrome trim, does anyone have an opinion on that?

3.) My maxima has the auto dimming side view mirrors that I know the TL is lacking, does anyone know if this is a relatively easy thing that can be retrofitted into a TL, possibly a good electronic shop can do it?

4.) Last but not least, I really always liked having the power rear sunshade in my maxima and was wondering if any good shops could possibly make one for my TL when I purchase it or is this just wishful thinking?

Thanks in advance for your responses, again sorry for the long post but really hoping to be a member very soon!
Old 02-06-2011, 03:05 AM
OMGTHEDONNY

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a CBP and 1) I wish I did get the diamond cut wheels i love the way they look... 2) I think the midnight chrome looks best out of the stock grills but I still perfer painting the grill black to match the car instead. but if your going to stay factory the midnight chrome would match the wheels perfectly and look good... just gotta keep em clean since its chrome
Old 02-06-2011, 03:12 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
To answer your first two questions.

I have a 2010 SH-AWD CBP, with the full factory spoiler kit and the midnight chrome (aka Sport) grill and trim. In person it's not extremely dark, but I think it's a bit darker than normal chrome. Overall I think it looks much better than the satin finish stock pieces.

I have the HPT option and think those wheels go quite well with the midnight chrome pieces. I also have a set of the 18" wheels for my winter tires and they look good with the midnight chrome as well.

I have a few pics in this thread - https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-photograph-gallery-296/2010-tl-sh-awd-tech-6mt-pics-753328/ and here on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuartn...7622729689936/ that might help visually.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:11 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by StuartMMVITL
To answer your first two questions.

I have a 2010 SH-AWD CBP, with the full factory spoiler kit and the midnight chrome (aka Sport) grill and trim. In person it's not extremely dark, but I think it's a bit darker than normal chrome. Overall I think it looks much better than the satin finish stock pieces.

I have the HPT option and think those wheels go quite well with the midnight chrome pieces. I also have a set of the 18" wheels for my winter tires and they look good with the midnight chrome as well.

I have a few pics in this thread - https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=753328 and here on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuartn...7622729689936/ that might help visually.
Stuart, your TL looks amazing I'm like 95% sure now I wanna go with the HPT option, yours looks so mean and aggressive. omgthedonny your TL looks hot too and while I thought about painting the grille it just takes away something from the car, like it lost its identity.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
congrats!

Acura tints the rear view mirrors so the glare isn't that bad. Also if you get your windows tinted and the rear window tinted dark that would be easier/more possible then a rear sunshade.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:53 PM
2nd Gear

Hi
I can only help you with 2 of your questions, the black chrome grill and back trim are not as shine as regular chrome, it looks like chrome that has a dark tint over it, i am having it installed on a Pearl White TL SH AWD and i think it looks a lot better than the stock part, i actually saw it on the managers demo and was very impressed.
With regards to your question about the tire upgrade, i drove the TL SH AWD with the stock 18's and with the upgraded 19's and while the 19's does look better it provides a much harsher ride with no improvement in handeling my preference is to keep the stock 18's to preserve the ride, this however comes down to someone's own personal choice, hope this helps a little.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 112 Posts
I was concerned about the lack of auto-dimming the rear views are nicely tinted and I'm never bothered by bright lights unless its one of the those big pickup trucks which are few and far in between. Had a 05 TL for 6 years - ebony interior - no problems with fading. Acura is like an Apple product always a little behind the curve but extremely focused and works as expected.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:30 PM
8th Gear

Were you looking for an automatic or 6-Speed??